From: working....@vmsgenerations.fr (VMSgenerations working group)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Subject: communication from the French VMSgenerations user group (surveys,
rendez-vous)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 08:56:45 +0100
 by: VMSgenerations worki - Thu, 17 Feb 2022 07:56 UTC

Here is a communication from the French VMSgenerations user group.

During our recent event « Rendez-vous autour de VMS » we decided to
identify users needs regarding applications and tools. From a question
regarding the Oracle client, we heard that users requests to Oracle for
updating the client on recent versions of the database were currently
not sufficient to justify the investment.

We therefore created a new survey focused on applications running today
on VMS.

(Earlier in 2021, we launched a preceding survey on the use of VMS. A
link to the summary of this first survey is at the bottom of this message).

The answers to this applications oriented survey should allow for the
following :

- Let VSI get a better view of their installed base needs
- Help ISVs to better understand VMS customers expectations
- Identify needs and trigger initiatives (ISVs, opensource)
- Allow everyone to know if others have the same needs and
encourage communities of interest

(We plan to present a synthesis of the surveys answers)

Next event « Rendez-vous autour de VMS »

Our next user group meeting will take place in April.
We plan to cover the following subjects :

- Services and competencies around VMS
- How to react when expertise goes away and how to allow
enterprises to continue with VMS
- Illustration by recent customers projects
- VMS on x86 : first try and portings
- Survey on the use of VMS : answers synthesis
- Survey on applications : first results

Link to the survey on applications :
https://app.urlweb.pro/s/index.php?id=JTk5bSU5NWolOTklQUY%3D&a=JTk3cCU5NmslOUElQjE%3D

Still available : survey on the use of VMS
If you did not answer to this survey on your use of VMS you can still do
it and/or send it to anyone interested
https://app.urlweb.pro/s/index.php?id=JTk5aiU5MWklOTclQUY%3D&a=JTk3cCU5NmslOUElQjE%3D

The two surveys are available in French and in English
We decided to propose an English version of our surveys in order to
reach a broader audience.

The french VMS community reacted well to our first survey on the use of
VMS. We hope to get to English speaking users for our two surveys. This
will help to create links between users and make answers more significant.

Link to a first synthesis of the survey on the use of VMS (in French
now, we’ll publish soon an english version)
https://www.vmsgenerations.fr/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/8_Pre%CC%81sentationRe%CC%81sultatsQuestionnaire.pdf

Re: communication from the French VMSgenerations user group (surveys, rendez-vous)

<j79toeF3mjbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=20901&group=comp.os.vms#20901

From: working....@vmsgenerations.fr (VMSgenerations working group)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
rendez-vous)
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 16:53:49 +0100
 by: VMSgenerations worki - Fri, 18 Feb 2022 15:53 UTC

Le 17/02/2022 à 08:56, VMSgenerations working group a écrit :
> Here is a communication from the French VMSgenerations user group.
>
> During our recent event « Rendez-vous autour de VMS » we decided to
> identify users needs regarding applications and tools. From a question
> regarding the Oracle client, we heard that users requests to Oracle for
> updating the client on recent versions of the database were currently
> not sufficient to justify the investment.
>
> We therefore created a new survey focused on applications running today
> on VMS.
>
> (Earlier in 2021, we launched a preceding survey on the use of VMS. A
> link to the summary of this first survey is at the bottom of this message).
>
> The answers to this applications oriented survey should allow for the
> following :
>
>     - Let VSI get a better view of their installed base needs
>     - Help ISVs to better understand VMS customers expectations
>     - Identify needs and trigger initiatives (ISVs, opensource)
>     - Allow everyone to know if others have the same needs and
> encourage communities of interest
>
> (We plan to present a synthesis of the surveys answers)
>

> Next event « Rendez-vous autour de VMS »
>
> Our next user group meeting will take place in April.
> We plan to cover the following subjects :
>
>     - Services and competencies around VMS
>     - How to react when expertise goes away and how to allow
> enterprises to continue with VMS
>     - Illustration by recent customers projects
>     - VMS on x86 : first try and portings
>     - Survey on the use of VMS : answers synthesis
>     - Survey on applications : first results
>
> Link to the survey on applications :
> https://app.urlweb.pro/s/index.php?id=JTk5bSU5NWolOTklQUY%3D&a=JTk3cCU5NmslOUElQjE%3D
>

> Still available : survey on the use of VMS
> If you did not answer to this survey on your use of VMS you can still do
> it and/or send it to anyone interested
> https://app.urlweb.pro/s/index.php?id=JTk5aiU5MWklOTclQUY%3D&a=JTk3cCU5NmslOUElQjE%3D
>

> The two surveys are available in French and in English
> We decided to propose an English version of our surveys in order to
> reach a broader audience.
>
> The french VMS community reacted well to our first survey on the use of
> VMS. We hope to get to English speaking users for our two surveys. This
> will help to create links between users and make answers more significant.
>
> Link to a first synthesis of the survey on the use of VMS (in French
> now, we’ll publish soon an english version)
> https://www.vmsgenerations.fr/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/8_Pre%CC%81sentationRe%CC%81sultatsQuestionnaire.pdf

We have now an english version of the first analysis of our first survey
(uses of VMS):
http://www.vmsgenerations.fr/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/vmsgenerations-survey1-results.pdf

(At that time the survey was in french, so only french answers. Now
everyone is welcomed to give his vision).