From: marc.gr....@invalid.skynet.be (Marc Van Dyck)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Subject: $Universe on OpenVMS
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 18:13:25 +0100
 by: Marc Van Dyck - Wed, 2 Mar 2022 17:13 UTC

$Universe is a multiplatform scheduler that runs on OpenVMS.
Some of you may use it, of have heard about it.
It was first developed by a french company named ORSYP, later absorbed
by AUTOMIC, itself absorbed by Computer Associates, now part of
Broadcom.

The company I work for uses it, and for our migration to OpenVMS on
X86,
we need to have this tool available. Migrate to another tool requires
so much work that we would probably prefer to keep the tool and migrate
to another platform instead...

I have recently met the $Universe product manager @Broadcom, to discuss
their product roadmap. Here is the info that I obtained:

1) There is a new version of $Universe, V7, that will be issued in
April this year. There is no OpenVMS V7 version planned for now, but
there will be one if enough customers ask for it ;

2) There is not port of $Universe to OpenVMS on X86 foreseen for now,
but again, the port will be undertaken if enough customers manifest
their interest for it.

The $Universe product manager explicitly authorized me to publish his
name and e-mail address, which is

and requests every existing or potential user of $Universe to get in
touch with him to express their interest in the product.

So if you need $Universe V7 and/or $Universe on OpenVMS/X86, please
please please, just mail that guy !

--
Marc Van Dyck