Quod licet Iovi non licet bovi. (What Jove may do, is not permitted to a cow.)

computers / alt.bbs.mystic / Windows to Linux

SubjectAuthor
* Windows to LinuxIB Joe
+* Re: Windows to LinuxAlexander Grotewohl
|`* Re: Windows to LinuxIB Joe
| `* Re: Windows to LinuxAl DeRosa
|  `* Re: Windows to LinuxIB Joe
|   `* Re: Windows to LinuxAl DeRosa
|    +* Re: Windows to LinuxIB Joe
|    |`* Re: Windows to LinuxAl DeRosa
|    | `* Windows to LinuxMike
|    |  +- Re: Windows to LinuxDan Clough
|    |  +* Re: Windows to LinuxLloyd Alexandre
|    |  |`* Windows to LinuxMike
|    |  | `- Re: Windows to LinuxLloyd Alexandre
|    |  `- Windows to LinuxNicholas Boel
|    `* Re: Windows to LinuxLloyd Alexandre
|     `- Re: Windows to LinuxAl DeRosa
`* Windows to LinuxMike
 `* Re: Windows to LinuxIB Joe
  +* Windows to LinuxMike
  |`* Re: Windows to LinuxIB Joe
  | `- Windows to LinuxMike
  `* Re: Windows to LinuxAl DeRosa
   `- Re: Windows to LinuxMickey

1
Windows to Linux

<2167961404@f201.n342.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2087&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2087

From: nospam.I...@f201.n342.z1.fidonet.org (IB Joe)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Windows to Linux
Date: Sat, 04 May 2024 18:11:06 +1300
 by: IB Joe - Sat, 4 May 2024 05:11 UTC

Has anyone moved from Windows to Linux??

Just wondering...

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
-=JoesBBS.com=-

.... A truly wise man never argues with a Unicorn

Re: Windows to Linux

<1037642732@f616.n120.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2088&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2088

From: nospam.A...@f616.n120.z1.fidonet.org (Alexander Grotewohl)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Subject: Re: Windows to Linux
Date: Sat, 04 May 2024 20:32:53 +1300
 by: Alexander Grotewohl - Sat, 4 May 2024 07:32 UTC

On 04 May 2024, IB Joe said the following...
IJ> Has anyone moved from Windows to Linux??
IJ>
IJ> Just wondering...

i did briefly. just make sure you find everywhere where the paths are
referenced and change them to their linux equivalent. i installed a second copy
of mystic and just copied the binaries over to the mystic folder.

i didn't do anything with doors because it was temporary (ended up replacing
the bbs machine)

Alex

Re: Windows to Linux

<3833747760@f201.n342.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2089&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2089

From: nospam.I...@f201.n342.z1.fidonet.org (IB Joe)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sat, 04 May 2024 19:19:22 +1300
 by: IB Joe - Sat, 4 May 2024 06:19 UTC

On 04 May 2024, Alexander Grotewohl said the following...
AG> On 04 May 2024, IB Joe said the following...
AG>
AG> IJ> Has anyone moved from Windows to Linux??
AG> IJ>
AG> IJ> Just wondering...
AG>
AG> i did briefly. just make sure you find everywhere where the paths are
AG> referenced and change them to their linux equivalent. i installed a
AG> second copy of mystic and just copied the binaries over to the mystic
AG> folder.
AG>
AG> i didn't do anything with doors because it was temporary (ended up
AG> replacing the bbs machine)
AG>
AG> Alex

Thanx

I was thinking things along that line. Making sure file names and whatnot...
anyway, I'll take a stab at it in a few days.

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
-=JoesBBS.com=-

.... I know a good tagline when I steal one!

Re: Windows to Linux

<954538273@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2090&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2090

From: nospam.A...@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org (Al DeRosa)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 07:02:52 +1300
 by: Al DeRosa - Sat, 4 May 2024 18:02 UTC

Also make sure your permissions are set right. Another item is in I think it is
the event manager there is an option to use ./ make sure you set that to yes.
Otherwise, your events will not run. I did the conversion about a year or so
ago, and other then some issues with cryptlib (the fix is now in the wiki) and
permissions issues, it went off well. There is also a conversion section I
believe on the wiki...

Al

.... When all else fails, read the instructions

Windows to Linux

<3722873938@f310.n229.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2091&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2091

From: nospam.M...@f310.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Mike)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 07:57:49 +1300
 by: Mike - Sat, 4 May 2024 18:57 UTC

IJ> Has anyone moved from Windows to Linux??

Not myself, been running my BBS off linux since 2008.

What are you looking for? What the process would look like?

Re: Windows to Linux

<416026064@f201.n342.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2092&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2092

From: nospam.I...@f201.n342.z1.fidonet.org (IB Joe)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 05:33:40 +1300
 by: IB Joe - Sat, 4 May 2024 16:33 UTC

On 05 May 2024, Al DeRosa said the following...
AD> Also make sure your permissions are set right. Another item is in I
AD> think it is the event manager there is an option to use ./ make sure you
AD> set that to yes. Otherwise, your events will not run. I did the
AD> conversion about a year or so ago, and other then some issues with
AD> cryptlib (the fix is now in the wiki) and permissions issues, it went
AD> off well. There is also a conversion section I believe on the wiki...
AD>
AD> Al

I've already started .... I'll start the migration soon. Linux is not the
easiest to work with... I'm a novice at best and I want to force myself into
learning.

Anyway, thanx for the input.

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
-=JoesBBS.com=-

.... Press any key to continue or any other key to quit...

Re: Windows to Linux

<2082876388@f201.n342.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2093&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2093

From: nospam.I...@f201.n342.z1.fidonet.org (IB Joe)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 06:35:04 +1300
 by: IB Joe - Sat, 4 May 2024 17:35 UTC

On 05 May 2024, Mike said the following...

Mi> IJ> Has anyone moved from Windows to Linux??
Mi>
Mi> Not myself, been running my BBS off linux since 2008.
Mi>
Mi> What are you looking for? What the process would look like?

I want to know Linux more than I do. What a process... 15 or 20 minutes to
install Oracle' VM program... as far as I know that is up and running. Before
I get to excited I need to install RealVNC so that I can access the BBS machine
from afar.

Anyway, I've been given some ideas... I will take the plunge soon!!!

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
-=JoesBBS.com=-

.... I'd love to help you out. Which way did you come in?

Windows to Linux

<3109013244@f310.n229.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2094&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2094

From: nospam.M...@f310.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Mike)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 09:15:51 +1300
 by: Mike - Sat, 4 May 2024 20:15 UTC

IJ> I want to know Linux more than I do. What a process... 15 or 20 minutes
IJ> to install Oracle' VM program... as far as I know that is up and
IJ> running. Before I get to excited I need to install RealVNC so that I
IJ> can access the BBS machine from afar.
IJ>
IJ> Anyway, I've been given some ideas... I will take the plunge soon!!!

VNC is a bit fincky, but you can also use xrdp too.

My linux servers consist of only the shell. Don't use the GUI. I may have one
that has a GUI because I was doing some programming under it, otherwise not
needed.

Re: Windows to Linux

<2424481946@f201.n342.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2095&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2095

From: nospam.I...@f201.n342.z1.fidonet.org (IB Joe)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 08:39:42 +1300
 by: IB Joe - Sat, 4 May 2024 19:39 UTC

On 05 May 2024, Mike said the following...

Mi> IJ> Anyway, I've been given some ideas... I will take the plunge soon!!
Mi>
Mi> VNC is a bit fincky, but you can also use xrdp too.
Mi>
Mi> My linux servers consist of only the shell. Don't use the GUI. I may
Mi> have one that has a GUI because I was doing some programming under it,
Mi> otherwise not needed.

Sorry, the Linux GUI is the only thing that's going to save me on this project.

If I understand things things correctly I have XRDP on my Linux machine and I
use Microsoft's Remote Desktop App to connect.

Is this so??

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
-=JoesBBS.com=-

.... Live every day as though it were your last. One day, you'll be right

Re: Windows to Linux

<2539315485@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2096&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2096

From: nospam.A...@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org (Al DeRosa)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 12:02:34 +1300
 by: Al DeRosa - Sat, 4 May 2024 23:02 UTC

On 05 May 2024, IB Joe said the following...

IJ> I've already started .... I'll start the migration soon. Linux is not
IJ> the easiest to work with... I'm a novice at best and I want to force
IJ> myself into learning.

Good luck, you are going to learn so much.. I started with Linux back in 2020,
just touching on it a bit here and there. Using the easiest of them all Ubuntu.
4 years later I am no way an expert or even a novice. But I love Linux to the
point where every computer I own except for my main computer is now running
Debian 12.. My main computer will be changing over to Debian in a few weeks,
the stuff I can't get running in Linux but need from Windows will all be in a
Virtual Machine on my Proxmox server of Windows 11.. Everything else is icing.

Just remember one thing, Google is your best friend with Linux...

AL

.... Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Re: Windows to Linux

<1349631918@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2097&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2097

From: nospam.A...@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org (Al DeRosa)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 12:03:50 +1300
 by: Al DeRosa - Sat, 4 May 2024 23:03 UTC

On 05 May 2024, IB Joe said the following...
IJ> running. Before I get to excited I need to install RealVNC so that I
IJ> can access the BBS machine from afar.

RealVNC installs just fine on it. :) I run it on a couple of my VM's to reboot
if the BBS crashes..

.... Confucius say: "Its stuffy inside fortune cookie"

Windows to Linux

<590257488@f310.n229.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2098&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2098

From: nospam.M...@f310.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Mike)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 14:28:45 +1300
 by: Mike - Sun, 5 May 2024 01:28 UTC

IJ> Sorry, the Linux GUI is the only thing that's going to save me on this
IJ> project.
IJ>
IJ> If I understand things things correctly I have XRDP on my Linux machine
IJ> and I use Microsoft's Remote Desktop App to connect.
IJ>
IJ> Is this so??

Correct. I've only setup XRDP when using mate as the desktop, but I'm sure
their is guides that show how to tie it into desktop enviroments like Gnome.

XVNC works just fine too. But something to keep in mind that newer versions of
Gnome have built in functions. You just turn it on in the settings menu.

Re: Windows to Linux

<2904601548@f201.n342.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2099&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2099

From: nospam.I...@f201.n342.z1.fidonet.org (IB Joe)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 13:43:58 +1300
 by: IB Joe - Sun, 5 May 2024 00:43 UTC

On 05 May 2024, Al DeRosa said the following...

AD> Good luck, you are going to learn so much.. I started with Linux back in
AD> 2020, just touching on it a bit here and there. Using the easiest of
AD> them all Ubuntu. 4 years later I am no way an expert or even a novice.
AD> But I love Linux to the point where every computer I own except for my
AD> main computer is now running Debian 12.. My main computer will be
AD> changing over to Debian in a few weeks, the stuff I can't get running in
AD> Linux but need from Windows will all be in a Virtual Machine on my
AD> Proxmox server of Windows 11.. Everything else is icing.
AD>
AD> Just remember one thing, Google is your best friend with Linux...
AD>
AD> AL

Regrets not doing this sooner... back in the 90's ... I went with Ubuntu
because I think it's easier to uses. I know someone who looks down his nose to
Ubuntu users, he prefers Mint.

Anyway, thanx!!!

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
AKA Joe Schweier
SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
-=JoesBBS.com=-

.... There are three kinds of people: Those who can count, and those who can't

Re: Windows to Linux

<00000d6euser@net396.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2100&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2100

From: use...@net396.fidonet.org (Mickey)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sat, 05 May 2024 18:30:28
 by: Mickey - Sat, 11 May 2024 18:30 UTC

+ User FidoNet address: 1:229/307
Re: Re: Windows to Linux
By: Al DeRosa to All on Sun May 05 2024 19:03:50

> RealVNC installs just fine on it. :) I run it on a couple of my VM's to
> reboot if the BBS crashes..

Yupper. I use RealVNC here to access remotely. Windows > Linux and back again
and it works just dandy.

---

Re: Windows to Linux

<1180504779@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2101&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2101

From: nospam.A...@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org (Al DeRosa)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 18:50:56 +1300
 by: Al DeRosa - Sun, 5 May 2024 05:50 UTC

On 05 May 2024, IB Joe said the following...

IJ> Regrets not doing this sooner... back in the 90's ... I went with Ubuntu
IJ> because I think it's easier to uses. I know someone who looks down his
IJ> nose to Ubuntu users, he prefers Mint.

LOL Me too, I played with it back in the day but never went forward.. Ubuntu is
great for beginners but so is Mint. ;)

.... If you can't make it good, make it LOOK good. -Bill Gates.

Windows to Linux

<1879847949@f310.n229.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2102&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2102

From: nospam.M...@f310.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Mike)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 22:28:36 +1300
 by: Mike - Sun, 5 May 2024 09:28 UTC

AD> LOL Me too, I played with it back in the day but never went forward..
AD> Ubuntu is great for beginners but so is Mint. ;)

I'm a former slackware and gentoo user. I use mainly Debian for my servers and
and PopOS as my desktop.

Why, because most packages in the wild have a .deb build.

Also, I like to focus on stable releases vs rolling releases. Just don't have
the energy to troubleshoot rolling releases. Back in my day, sure..... No kids,
no responsiblities, etc....

Re: Windows to Linux

<715004481@f1.n770.z4299.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2103&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2103

From: nospam.D...@f1.n770.z4299.fidonet.org (Dan Clough)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Mon, 06 May 2024 07:47:00 +1300
 by: Dan Clough - Sun, 5 May 2024 18:47 UTC

-=> Mike wrote to Al DeRosa <=-

AD> LOL Me too, I played with it back in the day but never went forward..
AD> Ubuntu is great for beginners but so is Mint. ;)

Mi> I'm a former slackware and gentoo user. I use mainly Debian for
Mi> my servers and and PopOS as my desktop.

Mi> Why, because most packages in the wild have a .deb build.

Mi> Also, I like to focus on stable releases vs rolling releases.
Mi> Just don't have the energy to troubleshoot rolling releases. Back
Mi> in my day, sure..... No kids, no responsiblities, etc....

Just for clarification... Slackware is not a rolling release. Many
would consider it the very definition of "stable". It's also not really
a great choice for beginners, since that is sort of the topic of this
thread.

Dan
(long-time and current Slackware user) ;-)

.... Honk if you love BBSing!
=== MultiMail/Linux v0.52

Re: Windows to Linux

<2850896671@f151.n153.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2120&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2120

From: nospam.L...@f151.n153.z1.fidonet.org (Lloyd Alexandre)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Tue, 07 May 2024 22:01:55 +1300
 by: Lloyd Alexandre - Tue, 7 May 2024 09:01 UTC

AD> Just remember one thing, Google is your best friend with Linux...

I can also suggest ChatGPT. Especially if you need to write a small script or
something, and you are not much of a programmer, (or scripting expert)

Lloyd (neoshock) sysop @ Vintage Pi BBS
vintagepi.asuscomm.com

Re: Windows to Linux

<2576105489@f151.n153.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2121&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2121

From: nospam.L...@f151.n153.z1.fidonet.org (Lloyd Alexandre)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Tue, 07 May 2024 22:08:19 +1300
 by: Lloyd Alexandre - Tue, 7 May 2024 09:08 UTC

Mi> Also, I like to focus on stable releases vs rolling releases. Just don't
Mi> have the energy to troubleshoot rolling releases. Back in my day,
Mi> sure..... No kids, no responsiblities, etc....

I feel the same way. I use Arch for a few years, I did enjoy it, but now using
Debian. I would not normally suggest using Debian, but the with the newest
version I could absolutely suggest it for most people now.
I was not really into the rolling release with Arch, it was the AUR that
attracted me. But with Flatpack getting much better, as well is discovering
distrobox, I have filled the need with getting new packages. Its been 20 years
since I moved to Linux, so if I really need to I am more comfortable building
from source if need be.

Lloyd (neoshock) sysop @ Vintage Pi BBS
vintagepi.asuscomm.com

.... There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past

Windows to Linux

<1715166960@f10.n154.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2123&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2123

From: nospam.N...@f10.n154.z1.fidonet.org (Nicholas Boel)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Wed, 08 May 2024 06:16:06 +1300
 by: Nicholas Boel - Tue, 7 May 2024 17:16 UTC

On Mon, 6 May 2024 03:28:36 -0400, Mike -> Al Derosa wrote:

M> I'm a former slackware and gentoo user. I use mainly Debian for my
M> servers and and PopOS as my desktop.

I used Gentoo for quite some time, as well. It was fun while it lasted, but I
ended up going to a binary package management system.

M> Also, I like to focus on stable releases vs rolling releases. Just don't
M> have the energy to troubleshoot rolling releases. Back in my day,
M> sure..... No kids, no responsiblities, etc....

I remember Gentoo having a lot of issues if you weren't paying attention, so
maybe that's where the "rolling release" got many of it's complaints from.
However, I've been using Archlinux for over 10 years now, and have had to
"troubleshoot" maybe three times in that entire duration. Many times there is a
mail or announcement that a package may be bad and/or broke some dependencies,
so if you want to avoid issues, don't upgrade for a couple days (until the
problem is fixed).

Not being on a set schedule for upgrading or anything, it doesn't bother me one
bit waiting another day, week, month, whatever to upgrade packages.

Regards,
Nick

.... Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.

Windows to Linux

<889432417@f310.n229.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2124&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2124

From: nospam.M...@f310.n229.z1.fidonet.org (Mike)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Wed, 08 May 2024 07:08:39 +1300
 by: Mike - Tue, 7 May 2024 18:08 UTC

LA> I feel the same way. I use Arch for a few years, I did enjoy it, but now
LA> using Debian. I would not normally suggest using Debian, but the with
LA> the newest version I could absolutely suggest it for most people now.
LA> I was not really into the rolling release with Arch, it was the AUR that
LA> attracted me. But with Flatpack getting much better, as well is
LA> discovering distrobox, I have filled the need with getting new packages.
LA> Its been 20 years since I moved to Linux, so if I really need to I am
LA> more comfortable building from source if need be.

Got'cha... There is to much other things in a day that need to get
accomplished, which is why I moved from Gentoo after a couple years into debian
base distros. I mainly use them only for servers, but recently purchased a mini
pc and setup PopOS.

PopOS as some may know is building their new cosmic desktop so they are lagging
behind in some areas. But I'm still getting updated packages via flatpak,
including Amiberry which required different dependencies if installing as a
..deb. This is where flatpak is nice, grant you I have some other issues in
terms of host-run support since it's running in a sandbox.

Re: Windows to Linux

<2789549786@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2125&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2125

From: nospam.A...@f157.n267.z1.fidonet.org (Al DeRosa)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Wed, 08 May 2024 18:27:40 +1300
 by: Al DeRosa - Wed, 8 May 2024 05:27 UTC

On 07 May 2024, Lloyd Alexandre said the following...

LA> I can also suggest ChatGPT. Especially if you need to write a small
LA> script or something, and you are not much of a programmer, (or scripting
LA> expert)

Very good point!! I need to remember that..

.... DOS=HIGH? I knew it was on something...

Re: Windows to Linux

<2388318912@f151.n153.z1.fidonet.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2127&group=alt.bbs.mystic#2127

From: nospam.L...@f151.n153.z1.fidonet.org (Lloyd Alexandre)
Newsgroups: alt.bbs.mystic
Date: Thu, 09 May 2024 00:16:04 +1300
 by: Lloyd Alexandre - Wed, 8 May 2024 11:16 UTC

Mi> installing as a .deb. This is where flatpak is nice, grant you I have
Mi> some other issues in terms of host-run support since it's running in a
Mi> sandbox.

I get you, but this is where Flatseal can help in certain situations with that.
Helps give you control over socket, devices and file-system access for any
particular flatpak

computers / alt.bbs.mystic / Windows to Linux