If God had a beard, he'd be a UNIX programmer.

computers / alt.free.newsservers / Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

SubjectAuthor
* Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Vaniko
+* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.William Stickers
|`* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.The Doctor
| `- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Don
+* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Marco Moock
|+- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Nadegda
|`* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Ray Banana
| `* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Marco Moock
|  +- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Ray Banana
|  `* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Laser Chicken
|   +* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Sn!pe
|   |`* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Laser Chicken
|   | `* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Nadegda
|   |  +- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Sn!pe
|   |  `- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.lefty kOoks
|   `* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Marco Moock
|    +* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.el flusho
|    |`- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Nadegda
|    `- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Marco Moock
+* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Ed Rhodes
|`- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Marco Moock
+* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Nadegda
|+* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Nadegda
||+* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Chip Hadley
|||`- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Snoopy
||+- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.%
||+- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Chip Hadley
||+- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Chip Hadley
||+- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Chip Hadley
||`- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Chip Hadley
|`* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Checkmate
| `* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Nadegda
|  `* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Snoopy
|   `- Re: ??????????????Admins of borked Usenet providers have🌈💐🌻🌺🌹🌻💐🌷🌺🌈Jen🌈💐🌻🌺🌹🌻💐🌷🌺🌈 Dershmender 💐🌻🌺🌹🌻💐🌷🌺🐶笛🌈💐🌻🌺🌹🌻💐🌷🌺🌈
`* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Retro Guy
 +* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.candycanearter07
 |`* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Retro Guy
 | `- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.candycanearter07
 +* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Grant Taylor
 |`* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Retro Guy
 | `- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Sn!pe
 +* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Adam H. Kerman
 |`- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Retro Guy
 `* Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.VanguardLH
  +- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Marco Moock
  `- Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.Adam W.

Pages:12
Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<ttv3p5$1al$2@news.cyber23.de>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2124&group=alt.free.newsservers#2124

From: vanish...@point.invalid (Vaniko)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.admin.peering
Subject: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 03:44:53 -0600
 by: Vaniko - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 09:44 UTC

Yet another nntp service is borked with no word from its owner.

The Rocksolid Usenet / NNTP servers are no longer authenticating to
allow posts.

There is no word from the admin yet on what is going on. In fact the
admin has yet to acknowledge that he is still alive.

AIOE went down with no word from the admin for weeks.

Mixmin went down with no word from the admin for weeks.

Rocksolid went down with no word from the admin for weeks.

The admins of these three services have vanished without a trace or a
word about their vanishing services.

Hmmm....

Why would an administrator make no statement acknowledging the status of
a service that has gone down or is broken?

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<GUEML.917797$MVg8.327765@fx12.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2126&group=alt.free.newsservers#2126

From: bill.sti...@innocent.com (William Stickers)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.admin.peering
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 10:17:09 -0000
 by: William Stickers - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 10:17 UTC

Vaniko wrote:

> Yet another nntp service is borked with no word from its owner.
>
> The Rocksolid Usenet / NNTP servers are no longer authenticating to
> allow posts.
>
> There is no word from the admin yet on what is going on. In fact the
> admin has yet to acknowledge that he is still alive.
>
> AIOE went down with no word from the admin for weeks.
>
> Mixmin went down with no word from the admin for weeks.
>
> Rocksolid went down with no word from the admin for weeks.
>
> The admins of these three services have vanished without a trace or a
> word about their vanishing services.
>
> Hmmm....
>
> Why would an administrator make no statement acknowledging the status of
> a service that has gone down or is broken?

You're not owed anything.
Now stop bleating.

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<ttvlvr$1vni$54@gallifrey.nk.ca>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2127&group=alt.free.newsservers#2127

From: doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca (The Doctor)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.admin.peering
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2023 14:52:43 -0000 (UTC)
 by: The Doctor - Sat, 4 Mar 2023 14:52 UTC

In news.admin.peering William Stickers <bill.stickers@innocent.com> wrote:
: Vaniko wrote:
: >
[...]

: You're not owed anything.
: Now stop bleating.

Surprised to see AIOE as MIA.

--
Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nk.ca Ici doctor@nk.ca
We cannot defy gravity without paying a price. -unknown Beware https://mindspring.com

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<20230305a@crcomp.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2140&group=alt.free.newsservers#2140

From: g...@crcomp.net (Don)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.admin.peering
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2023 19:48:22 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Don - Sun, 5 Mar 2023 19:48 UTC

The Doctor wrote:
> In William Stickers wrote:
> : Vaniko wrote:
> : >
> : > Yet another nntp service is borked with no word from its owner.
> : >
> : > The Rocksolid Usenet / NNTP servers are no longer authenticating to
> : > allow posts.
> : >
> : > There is no word from the admin yet on what is going on. In fact the
> : > admin has yet to acknowledge that he is still alive.
> : >
> : > AIOE went down with no word from the admin for weeks.
> : >
> : > Mixmin went down with no word from the admin for weeks.
> : >
> : > Rocksolid went down with no word from the admin for weeks.
> : >
> : > The admins of these three services have vanished without a trace or a
> : > word about their vanishing services.
> : >
> : > Hmmm....
> : >
> : > Why would an administrator make no statement acknowledging the status of
> : > a service that has gone down or is broken?
>
> : You're not owed anything.
> : Now stop bleating.
>
> Surprised to see AIOE as MIA.

FWIW unofficial usenet rumor alleges aioe's in process of recovering
from a hardware breakdown.

Danke,

--
Don, KB7RPU, https://www.qsl.net/kb7rpu
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<tu4crp$1k6be$16@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2147&group=alt.free.newsservers#2147

From: mo0...@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.admin.peering
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 10:47:37 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 09:47 UTC

Am 04.03.2023 um 03:44:53 Uhr schrieb Vaniko:

> Yet another nntp service is borked with no word from its owner.

There are some words from him:

> Mixmin went down with no word from the admin for weeks.

Mixmin isn't down. Posting via port 563 works, but it is delayed.
119 is broken.

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<tu4qbm$1kdl9$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2148&group=alt.free.newsservers#2148

From: nad318b...@gmail.invalid (Nadegda)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 13:37:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Nadegda - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 13:37 UTC

On Mon, 06 Mar 2023 10:47:37 +0100, Marco Koock wrote:

> Am 04.03.2023 um 03:44:53 Uhr schrieb Vaniko:
>
>> Yet another nntp service is borked with no word from its owner.
>
> There are some words from him:
>
>> Mixmin went down with no word from the admin for weeks.
>
> Mixmin isn't down. Posting via port 563 works, but it is delayed.
> 119 is broken.

AFAIK Mixmin never allowed posting via 119, only 563; kensi, can
you confirm?

Meanwhile, can anyone give a current estimate of "Good Guy"'s BI at this
time? It's gotta be getting close to the threshold for actionable spam ...

--
FNVWe Nadegda

"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with
you." -- Mike Godwin, Aug 13, 2017, 8:03 PM
Checkmate admits that, for all intents and purposes, he carries a teddy
bear in public: <d6cnes.ket.17.19@news.alt.net>

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<m2lekaklg1.fsf@raybanana.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2151&group=alt.free.newsservers#2151

Followup: alt.free.newsservers
From: ray...@raybanana.net (Ray Banana)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.admin.peering
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 15:23:42 +0100
 by: Ray Banana - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 14:23 UTC

On 10779 September 1993, Marco Moock wrote:

> Mixmin isn't down. Posting via port 563 works, but it is delayed.
> 119 is broken.

Mixmin stopped taking feeds on January 27th.

news-in.mixmin.net
(remote status: ``Interrupted system call writing creating overview file -- throttling'')

so it's presently a posting only server at best.

--
Too many ingredients in the soup, no room for a spoon
http://www.eternal-september.org

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<tu59m4$1oh8h$1@solani.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2154&group=alt.free.newsservers#2154

From: mo0...@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.admin.peering
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 18:59:31 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 17:59 UTC

Am 06.03.2023 um 15:23:42 Uhr schrieb Ray Banana:

> Mixmin stopped taking feeds on January 27th.
>
> news-in.mixmin.net
> (remote status: ``Interrupted system call writing creating overview
> file -- throttling'')

That is on port 119. 563 works for posting.

Did you try feeding over this port?

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<m2356hpvb9.fsf@raybanana.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2156&group=alt.free.newsservers#2156

Followup: alt.free.newsservers
From: ray...@raybanana.net (Ray Banana)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.admin.peering
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 19:51:38 +0100
 by: Ray Banana - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 18:51 UTC

On 10779 September 1993, Marco Moock wrote:

>> (remote status: ``Interrupted system call writing creating overview
>> file -- throttling'')
> That is on port 119. 563 works for posting.
> Did you try feeding over this port?

Feeding and reading/posting are entirely different protocols
handled by different software modules and requiring specific
access rights.

--
Too many ingredients in the soup, no room for a spoon
http://www.eternal-september.org

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<tu65k6$2f11$1@news.cyber23.de>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2159&group=alt.free.newsservers#2159

From: las...@chicken.invalid (Laser Chicken)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.admin.peering
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 19:59:23 -0600
 by: Laser Chicken - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 01:59 UTC

On 3/6/23 11:59, Marco Moock wrote:
> Am 06.03.2023 um 15:23:42 Uhr schrieb Ray Banana:
>
>> Mixmin stopped taking feeds on January 27th.
>>
>> news-in.mixmin.net
>> (remote status: ``Interrupted system call writing creating overview
>> file -- throttling'')
>
> That is on port 119. 563 works for posting.
>
> Did you try feeding over this port?

Posted messages don't propagate. Some don't show in the local feed.

These threads are arguments for shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

--

General Tso Kung Pow
Laser Chicken Division

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<1q779tu.1jn2fhwskf0dkN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2160&group=alt.free.newsservers#2160

From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.admin.peering
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 02:08:36 +0000
This article may be reproduced for the purposes of propagation and
personal use only, no commercial use without express permission.
 by: Sn!pe - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 02:08 UTC

Laser Chicken <laser@chicken.invalid> wrote:

> On 3/6/23 11:59, Marco Moock wrote:
> > Am 06.03.2023 um 15:23:42 Uhr schrieb Ray Banana:
> >
> >> Mixmin stopped taking feeds on January 27th.
> >>
> >> news-in.mixmin.net
> >> (remote status: ``Interrupted system call writing creating overview
> >> file -- throttling'')
> >
> > That is on port 119. 563 works for posting.
> >
> > Did you try feeding over this port?
> >

> Posted messages don't propagate. Some don't show in the local feed.
>
> These threads are arguments for shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.

'And the band played on'. Enjoy what's left of Usenet while it's
still going. It'll die soon enough, when the last Usenetter falls
off his perch.

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

We are the punchline to the cosmic joke:
<http://www.last-thursday.org>

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<tu677n$2f11$3@news.cyber23.de>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2162&group=alt.free.newsservers#2162

From: las...@chicken.invalid (Laser Chicken)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.admin.peering
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 20:26:52 -0600
 by: Laser Chicken - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 02:26 UTC

On 3/6/23 20:08, Sn!pe wrote:
> Laser Chicken <laser@chicken.invalid> wrote:

>>> That is on port 119. 563 works for posting.
>>>
>>> Did you try feeding over this port?
>>>

>> Posted messages don't propagate. Some don't show in the local feed.
>>
>> These threads are arguments for shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.
>>

> 'And the band played on'. Enjoy what's left of Usenet while it's
> still going. It'll die soon enough, when the last Usenetter falls
> off his perch.

You creep around Usenet like a demented dentist with a can of ether.

--

General Tso Kung Pow
Laser Chicken Division

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<tu6h6c$9f4m$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2164&group=alt.free.newsservers#2164

From: nad318b...@gmail.invalid (Nadegda)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 05:13:48 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Nadegda - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 05:13 UTC

On Mon, 06 Mar 2023 20:26:52 -0600, Laser Chicken wrote:

> On 3/6/23 20:08, Sn!pe wrote:
>> Laser Chicken <laser@chicken.invalid> wrote:

>>> Posted messages don't propagate. Some don't show in the local feed.
>>>
>>> These threads are arguments for shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.
>>>

>> 'And the band played on'. Enjoy what's left of Usenet while it's
>> still going. It'll die soon enough, when the last Usenetter falls
>> off his perch.
>
> You creep around Usenet like a demented dentist with a can of ether.

And his schtick's getting *very* old. I mean, "imminent death of usenet,
film at 11?" Really? That was already stale when I was still in diapers.

--
FNVWe Nadegda

"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with
you." -- Mike Godwin, Aug 13, 2017, 8:03 PM
Checkmate admits that, for all intents and purposes, he carries a teddy
bear in public: <d6cnes.ket.17.19@news.alt.net>

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<tu75eg$apl4$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2169&group=alt.free.newsservers#2169

From: mo0...@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.admin.peering
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 11:59:28 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 10:59 UTC

Am 06.03.2023 schrieb Laser Chicken <laser@chicken.invalid>:

> Posted messages don't propagate. Some don't show in the local feed.

I managed to post to Mixmin and it propagated to solani.org.
Maybe some peerings are faulty.

It also does not apply to very post that has been submitted via Mixmin,
some seem to go to /dev/null, but not all.

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<1q786tk.r0dsko6i8cdqN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2170&group=alt.free.newsservers#2170

Followup: alt.dev.null
From: snipec...@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 14:09:07 +0000
 by: Sn!pe - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 14:09 UTC

Nadegda <nad318b404@gmail.invalid> wrote:

> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
> On Mon, 06 Mar 2023 20:26:52 -0600, Laser Chicken wrote:
> > On 3/6/23 20:08, Sn!pe wrote:
> >> Laser Chicken <laser@chicken.invalid> wrote:
[...]
> >> 'And the band played on'. Enjoy what's left of Usenet while it's
> >> still going. It'll die soon enough, when the last Usenetter falls
> >> off his perch.
> >>

> > You creep around Usenet like a demented dentist with a can of ether.
> >

> And his schtick's getting *very* old. I mean, "imminent death of usenet,
> film at 11?" Really? That was already stale when I was still in diapers.
> --
> FNVWe Nadegda <~~~~~[point, laugh] ≈:o)

[fu2: bit-bucket]

--
^Ï^. – Sn!pe – My pet rock Gordon just is.

We are the punchline to the cosmic joke:
<http://www.last-thursday.org>

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<tu800g$3k98t$1@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2179&group=alt.free.newsservers#2179

From: dow...@255.255.255.252 (el flusho)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.admin.peering
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2023 18:32:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: el flusho - Tue, 7 Mar 2023 18:32 UTC

On 07 Mar 2023, Marco Moock <mo01@posteo.de> posted some

> Am 06.03.2023 schrieb Laser Chicken <laser@chicken.invalid>:
>
>> Posted messages don't propagate. Some don't show in the local feed.
>
> I managed to post to Mixmin and it propagated to solani.org.
> Maybe some peerings are faulty.
>
> It also does not apply to very post that has been submitted via Mixmin,
> some seem to go to /dev/null, but not all.

kensi's krap koes to /dev/null

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<tu9adb$q733$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2180&group=alt.free.newsservers#2180

From: mo0...@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.admin.peering
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 07:36:27 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 06:36 UTC

Am 07.03.2023 um 11:59:28 Uhr schrieb Marco Moock:

> Am 06.03.2023 schrieb Laser Chicken <laser@chicken.invalid>:
>
> > Posted messages don't propagate. Some don't show in the local feed.
> >

> I managed to post to Mixmin and it propagated to solani.org.
> Maybe some peerings are faulty.
>
> It also does not apply to very post that has been submitted via
> Mixmin, some seem to go to /dev/null, but not all.

This is a posting from Monday, it arrived on solani.org.

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<tu9hpo$raol$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2181&group=alt.free.newsservers#2181

From: nad318b...@gmail.invalid (Nadegda)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 08:42:32 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Nadegda - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 08:42 UTC

On Tue, 07 Mar 2023 18:32:49 +0000, el flusho wrote:

> On 07 Mar 2023, Marco Moock <mo01@posteo.de> posted some
>
>> Am 06.03.2023 schrieb Laser Chicken <laser@chicken.invalid>:
>>
>>> Posted messages don't propagate. Some don't show in the local feed.
>>
>> I managed to post to Mixmin and it propagated to solani.org.
>> Maybe some peerings are faulty.
>>
>> It also does not apply to very post that has been submitted via Mixmin,
>> some seem to go to /dev/null, but not all.
>
> kensi

owns you.

<snicker>

--
FNVWe Nadegda

"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with
you." -- Mike Godwin, Aug 13, 2017, 8:03 PM
Checkmate admits that, for all intents and purposes, he carries a teddy
bear in public: <d6cnes.ket.17.19@news.alt.net>

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<tuame5$h3qk$2@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2194&group=alt.free.newsservers#2194

From: lefty.kO...@stanford.edu (lefty kOoks)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2023 19:07:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: lefty kOoks - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 19:07 UTC

On 06 Mar 2023, Nadegda <nad318b404@gmail.invalid> posted some

> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
> On Mon, 06 Mar 2023 20:26:52 -0600, Laser Chicken wrote:

>>> 'And the band played on'. Enjoy what's left of Usenet while it's
>>> still going. It'll die soon enough, when the last Usenetter falls
>>> off his perch.
>>
>> You creep around Usenet like a demented dentist with a can of ether.
>
> And his schtick's getting *very* old. I mean, "imminent death of usenet,
> film at 11?" Really? That was already stale when I was still in diapers.

Still waiting for those climate predictions to come true.

<https://fee.org/articles/4-catastrophic-climate-predictions-that-never-
came-true/>

The Great Die-Off
The Prediction: More women having babies in the developing world was
expected to exceed the �carrying capacity� of the earth, experts were
certain. �Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever
small increases in food supply we make,� Ehrlich said. �The death rate
will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be
starving to death during the next ten years [1970-1980].� Ehrlich
predicted that between 1980 and 1989, some 4 billion people, including 65
million Americans, would perish in the �Great Die-Off.� This would lead to
�an utter breakdown of the capacity of the planet to support humanity.�

The Prophecies:

Paul Erlich, The Progressive, Earth Day 1970
The Population Bomb, 1968 Bestseller

What Actually Happened: Motivated by the urgent call for population
control and fears of famine, India and China performed millions of forced
abortions and sterilizations. But the number of people at risk of
starvation dropped from 25 percent to 10 percent globally as genetically
modified seeds and advances in irrigation improved crop yields. Far from
the Great Die-Off, the global population nearly doubled while agricultural
capacity soared and rates of starvation plummeted. Ehrlich�s star has
continued to rise, though his signature predictions were nonsense, and now
holds an endowed chair in Population Studies at Stanford. The millions
scapegoated by his fear-mongering have not fared as well.

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<kjuh0il1grhtg70d2nngji2d8258cqcs1i@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2195&group=alt.free.newsservers#2195

From: ejay1...@yahoo.con (Ed Rhodes)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.admin.peering
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2023 21:14:07 +0000
 by: Ed Rhodes - Wed, 8 Mar 2023 21:14 UTC

On Sat, 4 Mar 2023 03:44:53 -0600, Vaniko <vanishing@point.invalid>
wrote:

>Yet another nntp service is borked with no word from its owner.
>
>The Rocksolid Usenet / NNTP servers are no longer authenticating to
>allow posts.
>
>There is no word from the admin yet on what is going on. In fact the
>admin has yet to acknowledge that he is still alive.
>
>AIOE went down with no word from the admin for weeks.
>
>Mixmin went down with no word from the admin for weeks.
>
>Rocksolid went down with no word from the admin for weeks.
>
>The admins of these three services have vanished without a trace or a
>word about their vanishing services.
>
>Hmmm....
>
>Why would an administrator make no statement acknowledging the status of
>a service that has gone down or is broken?

Because their systems are broke and they CAN'T tell anyone?
--

Die Juden sind unser Unglück.
- Heinrich Gotthard Freiherr von Treitschke (1834-1896)

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<tuc2cl$1bl21$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2196&group=alt.free.newsservers#2196

From: mo0...@posteo.de (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers,news.admin.peering
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 08:37:57 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 07:37 UTC

Am 08.03.2023 schrieb Ed Rhodes <ejay1118@yahoo.con>:

> On Sat, 4 Mar 2023 03:44:53 -0600, Vaniko <vanishing@point.invalid>
> wrote:

> >Why would an administrator make no statement acknowledging the
> >status of a service that has gone down or is broken?
>
> Because their systems are broke and they CAN'T tell anyone?

They can. They can user other free NNTP servers to post to groups.

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<tuc8v8$1cmm9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2197&group=alt.free.newsservers#2197

From: nad318b...@gmail.invalid (Nadegda)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 09:30:16 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Nadegda - Thu, 9 Mar 2023 09:30 UTC

On Wed, 08 Mar 2023 21:37:29 -0800, Checkmate <pariah@usenet.corn> wrote:

> Warning! Always make ANSI approved safety giggles when reading drivel by
> Checkmate.
>
> On Thu, 9 Mar 2023 01:39:25 +0000, Sn!pe had the audacity to say the
>> Pr. Mandrake <jfwaldby@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > kensi
>> Derbyshire
> AUK

You kooks are so, *so* pwned.

<snicker>

--
FNVWe Nadegda

"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with
you." -- Mike Godwin, Aug 13, 2017, 8:03 PM
Checkmate admits that, for all intents and purposes, he carries a teddy
bear in public: <d6cnes.ket.17.19@news.alt.net>

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<tuecnt$1qvpd$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2214&group=alt.free.newsservers#2214

From: nad318b...@gmail.invalid (Nadegda)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 04:46:53 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Nadegda - Fri, 10 Mar 2023 04:46 UTC

On Thu, 09 Mar 2023 09:10:51 -0500, % wrote:

> Nadegda wrote:
>> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
>> On Wed, 08 Mar 2023 21:37:29 -0800, Checkmate <pariah@usenet.corn> wrote:
>>
>>> Warning! Always make ANSI approved safety giggles when reading drivel by
>>> Checkmate.
>>>
>>> On Thu, 9 Mar 2023 01:39:25 +0000, Sn!pe had the audacity to say the
>>> AUK
>>
>> You kooks are so, *so* pwned.
>>
>> <snicker>
>
> https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=its+the+90s+calling+they+want+their+n00b+back

(Really? Yahoo? <smh>)

--
FNVWe Nadegda

"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm with
you." -- Mike Godwin, Aug 13, 2017, 8:03 PM
Checkmate admits that, for all intents and purposes, he carries a teddy
bear in public: <d6cnes.ket.17.19@news.alt.net>

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<MPG.3e75a930f3f98d9698c00c@usnews.blocknews.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2217&group=alt.free.newsservers#2217

From: par...@usenet.corn (Checkmate)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 20:53:39 -0800
 by: Checkmate - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 04:53 UTC

Checkmate.

On Thu, 9 Mar 2023 09:30:16 -0000 (UTC), Nadegda had the audacity to say the
following:

> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes, melt!
> On Wed, 08 Mar 2023 21:37:29 -0800, Checkmate <pariah@usenet.corn> wrote:
>
> > Warning! Always make ANSI approved safety giggles when reading drivel by
> > Checkmate.

> >> Derbyshire
> > AUK
>
> You kooks are so, *so* pwned.
>
> <snicker>

You're the one with a hand up yer butt, Socky.

--
Checkmate ®
Copyright © 2023

"its usually the lesser intelligent person , that comments
on the more intelligent person's , lack of intelligents
and we all think what we do has major significants"

-David Keeting, in perhaps the most ironic statement
ever made on Usenet.

https://youtu.be/wT-8Dm1VThc

https://youtu.be/NxSj2T2vx7M

Footloose! https://youtu.be/mXfVaXjBFK4

Kensi, "doing a little victory dance"
https://youtu.be/obInNk448nI
kensi." -Nadegda

Author, Humorist, Cynic
Philosopher, Humanitarian
Poet, Elektrishun to the Stars
Usenet Shot-Caller

In loving memory of The Battle Kitten
May 2010-February 12, 2017

Re: Admins of borked Usenet providers have vanished.

<tuisph$1pc8k$6@news.mixmin.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2220&group=alt.free.newsservers#2220

From: chad...@gmail.com (Chip Hadley)
Newsgroups: alt.free.newsservers
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 21:45:21 -0000 (UTC)
References: <ttv3p5$1al$2@news.cyber23.de> <MPG.3e71acc0733962b998bff6@usnews.blocknews.net> <tu92ua$saj$1@tncsrv09.home.tnetconsulting.net> <1q79bnb.w4tq8tj4e5nrN%snipeco.2@gmail.com> <83d2ea79-f178-4b75-8abe-7397bba25e5en@googlegroups.com> <1q7axeq.a22df7tgjqmxN%snipeco.2@gmail.com> <MPG.3e7310702fd9681d98bffc@usnews.blocknews.net> <tuc8v8$1cmm9$1@dont-email.me> <JNlOL.1474521$iU59.1423373@fx14.iad> <tuecnt$1qvpd$2@dont-email.me>
 by: Chip Hadley - Sat, 11 Mar 2023 21:45 UTC

On 09 Mar 2023, Nadegda <nad318b404@gmail.invalid> posted some

> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes,
> melt! On Thu, 09 Mar 2023 09:10:51 -0500, % wrote:
>
>> Nadegda wrote:
>>> Time to trigger the right-wing snowflakes again. Melt, snowflakes,
>>> melt! On Wed, 08 Mar 2023 21:37:29 -0800, Checkmate

>>> You kooks are so, *so* pwned.
>>>
>>> <snicker>
>>
>> https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=its+the+90s+calling+they+want+their+
>> n00b+back
>
> (Really? Yahoo?

It's only five letters, Paul. Surely you can manage it.