From: J...@M (D)
Subject: Tails 6.0 (2024-02-27)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 14:56:02 +0100 (CET)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
 by: D - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 13:56 UTC

https://tails.net/news/version_6.0/index.en.html
> [...]
> Tor Browser to 13.0.10.
> Electrum from 4.0.9 to 4.3.4
> Improve support for the Lightning protocol and hardware wallets.
> KeePassXC from 2.6.2 to 2.7.4
> Add entry tags.
> Support dark mode.
> Redesign history view.
> Metadata Cleaner from 1.0.2 to 2.4.0
> Redesign the whole user interface.
> Support dark mode.
> Add support for AIFF and HEIC files.
> Text Editor from gedit to gnome-text-editor
> Support dark mode.
> Inkscape from 1.0.2 to 1.2.2
> Audacity from 2.4.2 to 3.2.4
> Gimp from 2.10.22 to 2.10.34
> Kleopatra from 4:20.08 to 4:22.12
>Removed features
> Remove the icons on the desktop.
> The extension of GNOME Shell that we used to provide this feature is not
> well integrated into GNOME and created other problems. (#19920)
> Remove the item Wipe and Wipe available disk space from the shortcut menu
> of the Files browser.
> Secure deletion is not reliable enough on USB sticks and Solid-State Drives
> (SSDs) for us to keep advertising this feature.
> We updated our documentation on secure deletion to new recommendations: use
> encrypted volumes, overwrite the entire device, or disintegrate it physically.
> Remove the item Remove metadata from the shortcut menu of the Files browser.
> The developers of MAT2, the metadata removal library used by Metadata Cleaner
> are not providing this option anymore.
> Remove GtkHash
> You can still install GtkHash as Additional Software.
>Fixed problems
> Fix several issues with special characters and non-Latin scripts in the screen
> keyboard. (#18076)
>For more details, read our changelog.
>Known issues
> OnionShare is still included as version 2.2.
> We tried to include OnionShare 2.6 in Tails 6.0, but it has several issues
> that had security implications. (#20135 and #20140)
> Mounting external devices automatically interferes with the Back Up Persistent
> Storage utility. (#20143)
>Get Tails 6.0
> To upgrade your Tails USB stick and keep your Persistent Storage
> Automatic upgrades are only available from Tails 6.0~rc1 to 6.0.
> All other users have to do a manual upgrade.
>To install Tails 6.0 on a new USB stick
> Follow our installation instructions:
> Install from Windows
> Install from macOS
> Install from Linux
> Install from Debian or Ubuntu using the command line and GnuPG
>The Persistent Storage on the USB stick will be lost if you install instead
>of upgrading.
>To download only
> If you don't need installation or upgrade instructions, you can download Tails
> 6.0 directly:
> For USB sticks (USB image)
> For DVDs and virtual machines (ISO image)
[end quote]

Re: Tails 6.0 (2024-02-27)

<urnnot$5nik$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2127&group=news.software.readers#2127

From: gay...@sfuu.ca (Ian)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Subject: Re: Tails 6.0 (2024-02-27)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 08:42:05 -0800
 by: Ian - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 16:42 UTC

D wrote:

> [...]
>> Persistent Storage utility. (#20143)
>>Get Tails 6.0
>> To upgrade your Tails USB stick and keep your Persistent Storage
>> Automatic upgrades are only available from Tails 6.0~rc1 to 6.0.
>> All other users have to do a manual upgrade.
>>To install Tails 6.0 on a new USB stick
>> Follow our installation instructions:
>> Install from Windows
>> Install from macOS
>> Install from Linux
>> Install from Debian or Ubuntu using the command line and GnuPG
>>The Persistent Storage on the USB stick will be lost if you install
>>instead of upgrading.
>>To download only
>> If you don't need installation or upgrade instructions, you can
>> download Tails 6.0 directly:
>> For USB sticks (USB image)
>> For DVDs and virtual machines (ISO image)

Wonderful!?! A one-sentence explanation of what Tails is would have been
helpful.
--
*********** To reply by e-mail, make w single in address **************

Re: Tails 6.0 (2024-02-27)

<20240228175921.35f15f427148eb9e749a1b21@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2128&group=news.software.readers#2128

From: adm...@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 17:59:21 +0000
GNU: Terry Pratchett
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Wed, 28 Feb 2024 17:59 UTC

On Wed, 28 Feb 2024 08:42:05 -0800
Ian <gay@sfuu.ca> wrote:

> D wrote:
>

> > https://tails.net/news/version_6.0/index.en.html
> >>Tails 6.0 2024-02-27
>[removed]
> > [end quote]
>
> Wonderful!?! A one-sentence explanation of what Tails is would have been
> helpful.

!D" is posting through Dizum - the self confessed "Internet Problem
Provider" - evaluate as you will.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.