"Our vision is to speed up time, eventually eliminating it." -- Alex Schure

computers / alt.windows7.general / Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dll

SubjectAuthor
* Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dlljackpatton
+* Re: Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dllSailfish
|`* Re: Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dlljackpatton
| `- Re: Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dllSailfish
+* Re: Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dllMark
|`- Re: Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dlljackpatton
`- Re: Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dllJohn K.Eason

1
Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dll

<atq5hgda2462sobi5nng1l5fs7hnak5vpu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2165&group=alt.windows7.general#2165

From: jackpat...@astraweb.com
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dll
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 17:41:25 -0400
 by: jackpat...@astraweb.com - Tue, 10 Aug 2021 21:41 UTC

Does anyone use the Notepad++ editor for Windows and also use the third party software plugin "Linesort"
with it.

The plugin consists of a single .dll file.

The Installation Instructions are: download the "Linesort.dll" and put in the Notepad++ plugins
directory

I did that. It is not zipped encrypted in any way. I expected that when i closed and restarted NOTEPAD
++ that it would show up under "Plugins". It did not.

I am using Notepad ++ v7.8.5 (32bit) on a windows 64 bit machine.

Does anyone know where it should be?

http://www.scout-soft.com/linesort/

Thanks.

Re: Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dll

<sev00f$sps$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2167&group=alt.windows7.general#2167

From: NIXCAPSs...@NIXCAPSunforgettable.com (Sailfish)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Re: Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dll
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 15:53:11 -0700
 by: Sailfish - Tue, 10 Aug 2021 22:53 UTC

jackpatton@astraweb.com graced us with on 8/10/2021 2:41 PM:
> Does anyone use the Notepad++ editor for Windows and also use the third party software plugin "Linesort"
> with it.
>
> The plugin consists of a single .dll file.
>
> The Installation Instructions are: download the "Linesort.dll" and put in the Notepad++ plugins
> directory
>
> I did that. It is not zipped encrypted in any way. I expected that when i closed and restarted NOTEPAD
> ++ that it would show up under "Plugins". It did not.
>
> I am using Notepad ++ v7.8.5 (32bit) on a windows 64 bit machine.
>
> Does anyone know where it should be?
>
> http://www.scout-soft.com/linesort/

My Rig: Win7SP1 (64bit)

Ref: https://github.com/notepad-plus-plus/nppPluginList

According to the link above, linesort.dll plugin is only listed in the
Win7 32 bit list and not in 64 bit list. I can confirm installing it on
my 64 bit Notepad++ plugin folder neither lists it present via Plugin
Manager nor does it show up in the menus.

However, Using WinXP (32bit) and installing it in Notepad++ Plugin
folder, it both shows up in Notepad++ Plugin Manager and as a menu item
in the Notepad++ Plugin menu.

I hope this helps.

gl

--
Sailfish
CDC Covid19 Trends: https://www.facebook.com/groups/624208354841034

Re: Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dll

<1e86hgdfk7ianpn8bd03r1tdav58o09urf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2168&group=alt.windows7.general#2168

From: jackpat...@astraweb.com
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 21:14:05 -0400
 by: jackpat...@astraweb.com - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 01:14 UTC

On Tue, 10 Aug 2021 15:53:11 -0700, Sailfish <NIXCAPSsailfish@NIXCAPSunforgettable.com> wrote:

>jackpatton@astraweb.com graced us with on 8/10/2021 2:41 PM:
>> Does anyone use the Notepad++ editor for Windows and also use the third party software plugin "Linesort"
>> with it.
>>
>> The plugin consists of a single .dll file.
>>
>> The Installation Instructions are: download the "Linesort.dll" and put in the Notepad++ plugins
>> directory
>>
>> I did that. It is not zipped encrypted in any way. I expected that when i closed and restarted NOTEPAD
>> ++ that it would show up under "Plugins". It did not.
>>
>> I am using Notepad ++ v7.8.5 (32bit) on a windows 64 bit machine.
>>
>> Does anyone know where it should be?
>>
>> http://www.scout-soft.com/linesort/
>>
>My Rig: Win7SP1 (64bit)
>
>Ref: https://github.com/notepad-plus-plus/nppPluginList
>
>According to the link above, linesort.dll plugin is only listed in the
>Win7 32 bit list and not in 64 bit list. I can confirm installing it on
>my 64 bit Notepad++ plugin folder neither lists it present via Plugin
>Manager nor does it show up in the menus.
>
>However, Using WinXP (32bit) and installing it in Notepad++ Plugin
>folder, it both shows up in Notepad++ Plugin Manager and as a menu item
>in the Notepad++ Plugin menu.
>
>I hope this helps.
>
>gl

Yes, thank you, muchly. that helps a lot.

I read that it was good for win 7, 64, but your experience confirms mine -- that such is not the case.

of course we have native sort capability(past v6.58 I believe). And TextFX tools (I do, and you
probably also have them) but this linesort looked to have a couple of nice features, like the "right
sort".

jim

Re: Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dll

<sevlk0$7mq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2169&group=alt.windows7.general#2169

From: NIXCAPSs...@NIXCAPSunforgettable.com (Sailfish)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2021 22:01:59 -0700
 by: Sailfish - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 05:01 UTC

jackpatton@astraweb.com graced us with on 8/10/2021 6:14 PM:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2021 15:53:11 -0700, Sailfish <NIXCAPSsailfish@NIXCAPSunforgettable.com> wrote:
>
>> jackpatton@astraweb.com graced us with on 8/10/2021 2:41 PM:
>>> Does anyone use the Notepad++ editor for Windows and also use the third party software plugin "Linesort"
>>> with it.
>>>
>>> The plugin consists of a single .dll file.
>>>
>>> The Installation Instructions are: download the "Linesort.dll" and put in the Notepad++ plugins
>>> directory
>>>
>>> I did that. It is not zipped encrypted in any way. I expected that when i closed and restarted NOTEPAD
>>> ++ that it would show up under "Plugins". It did not.
>>>
>>> I am using Notepad ++ v7.8.5 (32bit) on a windows 64 bit machine.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know where it should be?
>>>
>>> http://www.scout-soft.com/linesort/
>>>
>> My Rig: Win7SP1 (64bit)
>>
>> Ref: https://github.com/notepad-plus-plus/nppPluginList
>>
>> According to the link above, linesort.dll plugin is only listed in the
>> Win7 32 bit list and not in 64 bit list. I can confirm installing it on
>> my 64 bit Notepad++ plugin folder neither lists it present via Plugin
>> Manager nor does it show up in the menus.
>>
>> However, Using WinXP (32bit) and installing it in Notepad++ Plugin
>> folder, it both shows up in Notepad++ Plugin Manager and as a menu item
>> in the Notepad++ Plugin menu.
>>
>> I hope this helps.
>>
>> gl
>
> Yes, thank you, muchly. that helps a lot.
>
> I read that it was good for win 7, 64, but your experience confirms mine -- that such is not the case.
>
> of course we have native sort capability(past v6.58 I believe). And TextFX tools (I do, and you
> probably also have them) but this linesort looked to have a couple of nice features, like the "right
> sort".

The XP 32bit system I used was a Virtual Machine I created using Virtual
Box (VBox) on my Win7 64bit system. That might be a a viable alternative
if you find that sort capability valuable after testing it? More at:
https://www.virtualbox.org/

Again, gl

--
Sailfish
CDC Covid19 Trends: https://www.facebook.com/groups/624208354841034

Re: Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dll

<AZqdnc8qgd-TkYn8nZ2dnUU78cPNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2178&group=alt.windows7.general#2178

Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
From: no.m...@reply.here (Mark)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 18:42:36 +0100
 by: Mark - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 17:42 UTC

Plugins have to be in their own folder within the Plugins folder.
The default Plugins folder location is in the program installation folder unless you told
it on installation to be under you AppDataRoaming folder
So, for instance, C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\plugins\linesort
or C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\plugins\linesort

Mark

> Does anyone use the Notepad++ editor for Windows and also use the third party software plugin "Linesort"
> with it.
>
> The plugin consists of a single .dll file.
>
> The Installation Instructions are: download the "Linesort.dll" and put in the Notepad++ plugins
> directory
>
> I did that. It is not zipped encrypted in any way. I expected that when i closed and restarted NOTEPAD
> ++ that it would show up under "Plugins". It did not.
>
> I am using Notepad ++ v7.8.5 (32bit) on a windows 64 bit machine.
>
> Does anyone know where it should be?
>
> http://www.scout-soft.com/linesort/
>
> Thanks.

Re: Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dll

<memo.20210811190224.10428A@jeason.cix.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2179&group=alt.windows7.general#2179

Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
From: joh...@jeasonNoSpam.cix.co.uk (John K.Eason)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 19:02 +0100 (BST)
 by: John K.Eason - Wed, 11 Aug 2021 18:02 UTC

In article <atq5hgda2462sobi5nng1l5fs7hnak5vpu@4ax.com>, jackpatton@astraweb.com ()
wrote:

> I am using Notepad ++ v7.8.5 (32bit)

v8.1.2 on a 32-bit machine here so I think you're a bit out of date!
I rarely use it under W7 nowadays and my version on W10 is 64-bit so I can't
really help much. Have you looked in the manual at https://npp-user-manual.org/ ?

--
Regards
John

Re: Notepad++ and the plugin Linesort.dll

<1q9ahg9i0e5vchkqon1to47lduvdnuvon7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2186&group=alt.windows7.general#2186

From: jackpat...@astraweb.com
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 09:58:43 -0400
 by: jackpat...@astraweb.com - Thu, 12 Aug 2021 13:58 UTC

On Wed, 11 Aug 2021 18:42:36 +0100, Mark <no.mail@reply.here> wrote:

>Plugins have to be in their own folder within the Plugins folder.
>The default Plugins folder location is in the program installation folder unless you told
>it on installation to be under you AppDataRoaming folder
>So, for instance, C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\plugins\linesort
>or C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++\plugins\linesort
>
>Mark

Whatta Champ!
I put it in the plugins folder in its own folder named "linesort" and now it shows up as "sort lines"
under plugins on the Notepad++ toolbar. "Sort Lines" has its own flyout menu with two items, "start"
and "about". About says that it is Linesort v1.1.
plus, i clicked "start" and got the menu as displayed at the web site.

Thanks!