Newsgroups: comp.arch
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 23:39:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES
From: skybuck2...@hotmail.com (skybuck2000)
 by: skybuck2000 - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 06:39 UTC

TWO WORDS: TOTAL DISASSTER

THE DEFAULT FONT RENDERING IS COMPLETELY FUCKED UP.

EVERYTHING IS SMALL, VAGUE AND WASHED OUT, HARD TO READ.

THE CRISPINESS OF WINDOWS 7 IS COMPLETELY GONE.

I CAN EVEN FEEL A SLIGHT HEADACHE... COULD BE FROM TOO LITTLE SLEEP.

I NOTICED THIS VAGUENESS FROM THE START BUT DISMISSED IT AS SOME KIND OF SCALING ISSUE IN VMWARE OR LACK OF SCREEN RESOLUTION BUT NOW THAT I HAVE UPPED THE SCREEN RESOLUTION TO HIGHER SETTINGS IT'S BEING APPERENT TO ME THAT WINDOWS 11 HAS A GIGANTIC FLAW/ISSUE.

MY SPECULATION ABOUT THIS IS THE WAY THE OS RENDERS THE ENTIRE GUI, IT MAY BE RENDERING IT/UPSCALING IT TO WORK ON 4K SCREENS.

THIS DOESN'T WORK ON LOWER SCREEN RESOLUTIONS AND IS A COMPLETE DISASSISTER..

I NOTICED THE VGA ADAPTER OF VMWARE IS STILL AT 8 BIT, I HOPE THAT MAYBE CHANGING IT TO 32 BIT OR SOMETHING ELSE MIGHT WORK BETTER...

MAYBE CHANGING THEMES MIGHT HELP.

BUT SO FAR IF THIS IS THE FUTURE OF WINDOWS, THEN WINDOWS ENDS RIGHT HERE.

I WOULD NEVER EVER USE SUCH A HORRIBLE LOOKING OPERATING SYSTEM.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA\HAHAHAHAHAHA BILLIONS OF DOLLARS DOWN THE TUBE.

I HOPE ON REAL HARDWARE IT WORKS BETTER, OTHERWISE SOMEBODY DEEP IN MICROSOFT SCREWED THEM/BILL OVER REAL HARD.

PERHAPS PAYBACK FOR CORONA CRISIS.

SEE YA !

BYE,
SKYBUCK.

Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES

<slr6jk$16vj$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=21824&group=comp.arch#21824

From: nowh...@nevernet.at (wolfgang kern)
Newsgroups: comp.arch
Subject: Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 12:15:00 +0100
 by: wolfgang kern - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 11:15 UTC

On 02/11/2021 07:39, skybuck2000 wrote:
> TWO WORDS: TOTAL DISASSTER

you expected something else ? look, it's from M$.
correct spelling: disaster or this ass there.

the only halfway usable windoze versions were:
win7pro, XPpro, 98SE and win3.11 back than.
10&11 are just bloated sacks of bug collections.
__
wolfgang

Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES

<slr923$lrj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=21826&group=comp.arch#21826

From: m.del...@this.bitsnbites.eu (Marcus)
Newsgroups: comp.arch
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 12:56:50 +0100
 by: Marcus - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 11:56 UTC

On 2021-11-02 12:15, wolfgang kern wrote:
> On 02/11/2021 07:39, skybuck2000 wrote:
>> TWO WORDS: TOTAL DISASSTER
>
> you expected something else ? look, it's from M$.
> correct spelling: disaster or this ass there.
>
> the only halfway usable windoze versions were:
> win7pro, XPpro, 98SE and win3.11 back than.
> 10&11 are just bloated sacks of bug collections.

I feel sorry for ppl that have to work in Windows (any version,
actually). Ever since I started using Linux (professionally and
privately) I can't imagine going back to Windows.

It's bloated and slow beyond repair. The paradox is that it's unfixable
since binary backwards compatibility is the raison d'ĂȘtre for Windows,
and lots and lots of software that shipped years or decades ago make
assumptions about how Windows works (e.g. filesystem behavior, access
rights, scheduling/atmoicity, etc, etc). The only way MS can deal with
it is to preserve the behavior and add layers upon layers, rather than
implementing new innovative tech. The necessary threat protection
layers only make things worse.

Many of the tools that I use daily (e.g. version control and software
build systems) are often an order of magnitude slower on Windows
compared to Linux, /on the exact same hardware/. When something takes
a minute instead of a couple of seconds, it hurts productivity.

Just switch to a modern OS instead.

/Marcus

Re: WINDOWS 11 HAS MAJOR FONT ISSUES

<slrdnb$imo$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=21829&group=comp.arch#21829

From: nowh...@nevernet.at (wolfgang kern)
Newsgroups: comp.arch
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 14:16:27 +0100
 by: wolfgang kern - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 13:16 UTC

On 02/11/2021 12:56, Marcus wrote:
> On 2021-11-02 12:15, wolfgang kern wrote:
>> On 02/11/2021 07:39, skybuck2000 wrote:
>>> TWO WORDS: TOTAL DISASSTER
>>
>> you expected something else ? look, it's from M$.
>> correct spelling: disaster or this ass there.
>>
>> the only halfway usable windoze versions were:
>> win7pro, XPpro, 98SE and win3.11 back than.
>> 10&11 are just bloated sacks of bug collections.
>
> I feel sorry for ppl that have to work in Windows (any version,
> actually). Ever since I started using Linux (professionally and
> privately) I can't imagine going back to Windows.
>
> It's bloated and slow beyond repair. The paradox is that it's unfixable
> since binary backwards compatibility is the raison d'ĂȘtre for Windows,
> and lots and lots of software that shipped years or decades ago make
> assumptions about how Windows works (e.g. filesystem behavior, access
> rights, scheduling/atmoicity, etc, etc). The only way MS can deal with
> it is to preserve the behavior and add layers upon layers, rather than
> implementing new innovative tech. The necessary threat protection
> layers only make things worse.
>
> Many of the tools that I use daily (e.g. version control and software
> build systems) are often an order of magnitude slower on Windows
> compared to Linux, /on the exact same hardware/. When something takes
> a minute instead of a couple of seconds, it hurts productivity.
>
> Just switch to a modern OS instead.

I once tried Loonix and I see it as the same BS as M$ because it's
written by too many cooks in bloatware building C. So I wrote my own to
satisfy my clients and myself with short and fast solutions. But I use
windoze for internet and games even backwards compatible become a lie.
__
wolfgang