From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Tootsie Roll Syndrome
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:04:37 -0400
 by: micky - Sat, 25 Sep 2021 23:04 UTC

I seem to have two lenses for my cell phone camera. How does it decide
which one to use?

I also have the Tootsie Roll Syndrome. I put the phone in my pocket
whith a mini-Tootlsie Roll and it go all over the corner of the phone,
the corner with the lenses. I looked at the Tootsie Roll FAQ and it
doesn't say how to clean a cell phone lens. Do you have suggestsions.

Re: Tootsie Roll Syndrome

<eli$2109260004@qaz.wtf>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21710&group=comp.mobile.android#21710

From: *...@eli.users.panix.com (Eli the Bearded)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Tootsie Roll Syndrome
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 04:04:52 -0000 (UTC)
XFrom: is a real address
Encrypted: double rot-13
 by: Eli the Bearded - Sun, 26 Sep 2021 04:04 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
> I seem to have two lenses for my cell phone camera. How does it decide
> which one to use?

Depends on your camera app. In Open Camera, use the camera with the +
superimposed icon, in the bottom right corner of this screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/jedsR45.jpg

In the top left, superimposed on image is time of day and then ID:2
indicating that this is camera #2. On my phone, camera #0 is the main
back camera, camera #1 is the main front camera, #2 is the wide angle
back camera, #3 is the (useless) black and white camera, and #4 is the
macro camera.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/net.sourceforge.opencamera/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sourceforge.opencamera&hl=en&gl=US
https://www.opencamera.org.uk/

> I also have the Tootsie Roll Syndrome. I put the phone in my pocket
> whith a mini-Tootlsie Roll and it go all over the corner of the phone,
> the corner with the lenses. I looked at the Tootsie Roll FAQ and it
> doesn't say how to clean a cell phone lens. Do you have suggestsions.

Lick it clean.

Elijah
------
tout suite

Re: Tootsie Roll Syndrome

<sir6u1$vun$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21754&group=comp.mobile.android#21754

From: phi...@privacy.net (philo)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 20:31:45 -0500
 by: philo - Mon, 27 Sep 2021 01:31 UTC

On 9/25/21 6:04 PM, micky wrote:
> I seem to have two lenses for my cell phone camera. How does it decide
> which one to use?
>
> I also have the Tootsie Roll Syndrome. I put the phone in my pocket
> whith a mini-Tootlsie Roll and it go all over the corner of the phone,
> the corner with the lenses. I looked at the Tootsie Roll FAQ and it
> doesn't say how to clean a cell phone lens. Do you have suggestsions.

Spent ten hours Googling for you and have a solution:

Put phone and Tootsie Rolls in different pocket.

Glad I could help.

Re: Tootsie Roll Syndrome

<aja4lgt2n46frmpe9o2h5be2qra8sjnnge@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21782&group=comp.mobile.android#21782

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 16:41:30 -0400
 by: micky - Mon, 27 Sep 2021 20:41 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 26 Sep 2021 04:04:52 -0000 (UTC), Eli
the Bearded <*@eli.users.panix.com> wrote:

>In comp.mobile.android, micky <NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> wrote:
>> I seem to have two lenses for my cell phone camera. How does it decide
>> which one to use?
>
>Depends on your camera app. In Open Camera, use the camera with the +
>superimposed icon, in the bottom right corner of this screenshot:
>
>https://i.imgur.com/jedsR45.jpg

>In the top left, superimposed on image is time of day and then ID:2
>indicating that this is camera #2. On my phone, camera #0 is the main
>back camera, camera #1 is the main front camera, #2 is the wide angle
>back camera, #3 is the (useless) black and white camera, and #4 is the
>macro camera.

Aha. I looked on the built-in app and I don't see anything like that.
I got up close to the subject to make it switch to macro. I don't really
know if it did but I don't see any place were 0- or 1-type things are
indicated.

>https://f-droid.org/en/packages/net.sourceforge.opencamera/

This app looks great. I clicked on Install (but my phone is not on
now so it won't install yet of cou

>https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.sourceforge.opencamera&hl=en&gl=US
>https://www.opencamera.org.uk/
>
>> I also have the Tootsie Roll Syndrome. I put the phone in my pocket
>> whith a mini-Tootlsie Roll and it go all over the corner of the phone,
>> the corner with the lenses. I looked at the Tootsie Roll FAQ and it
>> doesn't say how to clean a cell phone lens. Do you have suggestsions.
>
>Lick it clean.

Okay.

>Elijah
>------
>tout suite

Re: Tootsie Roll Syndrome

<54b4lg1ou3bcj4vm528rr152obkaebifrv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21783&group=comp.mobile.android#21783

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 16:42:24 -0400
 by: micky - Mon, 27 Sep 2021 20:42 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 26 Sep 2021 20:31:45 -0500, philo
<philo@privacy.net> wrote:

>On 9/25/21 6:04 PM, micky wrote:
>> I seem to have two lenses for my cell phone camera. How does it decide
>> which one to use?
>>
>> I also have the Tootsie Roll Syndrome. I put the phone in my pocket
>> whith a mini-Tootlsie Roll and it go all over the corner of the phone,
>> the corner with the lenses. I looked at the Tootsie Roll FAQ and it
>> doesn't say how to clean a cell phone lens. Do you have suggestsions.
>>

>Spent ten hours Googling for you and have a solution:
>
>Put phone and Tootsie Rolls in different pocket.

Aha. I'd try that.

>Glad I could help.

Re: Tootsie Roll Syndrome

<sits77$or$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=21847&group=comp.mobile.android#21847

From: phi...@privacy.net (philo)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 20:47:19 -0500
 by: philo - Tue, 28 Sep 2021 01:47 UTC

On 9/27/21 3:42 PM, micky wrote:
> In comp.mobile.android, on Sun, 26 Sep 2021 20:31:45 -0500, philo
> <philo@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>> On 9/25/21 6:04 PM, micky wrote:
>>> I seem to have two lenses for my cell phone camera. How does it decide
>>> which one to use?
>>>
>>> I also have the Tootsie Roll Syndrome. I put the phone in my pocket
>>> whith a mini-Tootlsie Roll and it go all over the corner of the phone,
>>> the corner with the lenses. I looked at the Tootsie Roll FAQ and it
>>> doesn't say how to clean a cell phone lens. Do you have suggestsions.
>>>

>> Spent ten hours Googling for you and have a solution:
>>
>> Put phone and Tootsie Rolls in different pocket.
>
> Aha. I'd try that.
>
>> Glad I could help.

Hope it works