There are never any bugs you haven't found yet.

devel / comp.theory / Britney Spears' family's donation getting declined

SubjectAuthor
* Britney Spears' family's donation getting declinedDV
`* Britney Spears' family's donation getting declinedDV
 `* Britney Spears' family's donation getting declinedDV
  `- Britney Spears' family's donation getting declinedDV

1
Britney Spears' family's donation getting declined

<f3a1b7f6-39bc-4d99-97c6-170375b2a364n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22508&group=comp.theory#22508

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 15:11:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Britney Spears' family's donation getting declined
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Wed, 20 Oct 2021 22:11 UTC

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jamie-lynn-spears-blindsided-charity-210006196.html

Why doesn't "This Is My Brave" want Britney Spears' donation? I think I caught a code in their explanation, but maybe I should just ignore that (?? -- it is a mental health organization).

I'm not accusing the organization of anything, but what is wrong with getting money from Britney Spears? Is this a Biden affiliation issue, where "Joe said no" again? Or is it about Ms. Spears apparently having not testified before Congress as requested by some possibly evil Republicans?

Who knows. It shouldn't be that humiliating to Britney Spears and her family got a donation declined, unless there is a real reason supplied as to why. Does the organization think that Spears/family are too sick to spend money responsibly or something? Have they got enough money? Did Britney Spears slap a mental patient for no reason or say something cryptic and mean about the mentally ill that I didn't hear? That wasn't indicated in the article.

Re: Britney Spears' family's donation getting declined

<bda550f9-af63-4bc0-8eae-f52852bb2214n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22541&group=comp.theory#22541

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 05:56:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 12:56 UTC

On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 6:11:09 PM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jamie-lynn-spears-blindsided-charity-210006196.html
>
> Why doesn't "This Is My Brave" want Britney Spears' donation? I think I caught a code in their explanation, but maybe I should just ignore that (?? -- it is a mental health organization).
>
> I'm not accusing the organization of anything, but what is wrong with getting money from Britney Spears? Is this a Biden affiliation issue, where "Joe said no" again? Or is it about Ms. Spears apparently having not testified before Congress as requested by some possibly evil Republicans?
>
> Who knows. It shouldn't be that humiliating to Britney Spears and her family got a donation declined, unless there is a real reason supplied as to why. Does the organization think that Spears/family are too sick to spend money responsibly or something? Have they got enough money? Did Britney Spears slap a mental patient for no reason or say something cryptic and mean about the mentally ill that I didn't hear? That wasn't indicated in the article.

I thought about this some more.

Perhaps the one possible good reason for this is: Britney Spears has supported violently anti-disabled political leader Joe Biden and said that she was "proud" to do so. Maybe the organization is right to let her focus on her own mental health challenges for now; perhaps if she can see the light of pro-disabled, anti-Biden political thought one day, she could donate some money to a mental health organization and participate meaningfully in the conversation about disability rights.

Re: Britney Spears' family's donation getting declined

<c7f61a62-5a6e-441e-a5f4-e787c97e9f0dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22542&group=comp.theory#22542

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 05:58:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Thu, 21 Oct 2021 12:58 UTC

On Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 8:56:23 AM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 6:11:09 PM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> > https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jamie-lynn-spears-blindsided-charity-210006196.html
> >
> > Why doesn't "This Is My Brave" want Britney Spears' donation? I think I caught a code in their explanation, but maybe I should just ignore that (?? -- it is a mental health organization).
> >
> > I'm not accusing the organization of anything, but what is wrong with getting money from Britney Spears? Is this a Biden affiliation issue, where "Joe said no" again? Or is it about Ms. Spears apparently having not testified before Congress as requested by some possibly evil Republicans?
> >
> > Who knows. It shouldn't be that humiliating to Britney Spears and her family got a donation declined, unless there is a real reason supplied as to why. Does the organization think that Spears/family are too sick to spend money responsibly or something? Have they got enough money? Did Britney Spears slap a mental patient for no reason or say something cryptic and mean about the mentally ill that I didn't hear? That wasn't indicated in the article.
> I thought about this some more.
>
> Perhaps the one possible good reason for this is: Britney Spears has supported violently anti-disabled political leader Joe Biden and said that she was "proud" to do so. Maybe the organization is right to let her focus on her own mental health challenges for now; perhaps if she can see the light of pro-disabled, anti-Biden political thought one day, she could donate some money to a mental health organization and participate meaningfully in the conversation about disability rights.

Just a comment: I don't know where to find the "conversation about mental health rights," but I note that Kanye West is surely "not invited" to this conversation either, based on his unashamed and glowing endorsement of Donald Trump.

I don't know where that conversation is happening. I can only talk on Usenet at this time, since I have no idea where to interact with others who might want to discuss important disability-related issues.

Re: Britney Spears' family's donation getting declined

<22e91cf2-d771-4c82-953d-c5e459a181ccn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22734&group=comp.theory#22734

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 08:05:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Tue, 26 Oct 2021 15:05 UTC

On Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 8:58:34 AM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> On Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 8:56:23 AM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> > On Wednesday, October 20, 2021 at 6:11:09 PM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> > > https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jamie-lynn-spears-blindsided-charity-210006196.html
> > >
> > > Why doesn't "This Is My Brave" want Britney Spears' donation? I think I caught a code in their explanation, but maybe I should just ignore that (?? -- it is a mental health organization).
> > >
> > > I'm not accusing the organization of anything, but what is wrong with getting money from Britney Spears? Is this a Biden affiliation issue, where "Joe said no" again? Or is it about Ms. Spears apparently having not testified before Congress as requested by some possibly evil Republicans?
> > >
> > > Who knows. It shouldn't be that humiliating to Britney Spears and her family got a donation declined, unless there is a real reason supplied as to why. Does the organization think that Spears/family are too sick to spend money responsibly or something? Have they got enough money? Did Britney Spears slap a mental patient for no reason or say something cryptic and mean about the mentally ill that I didn't hear? That wasn't indicated in the article.
> > I thought about this some more.
> >
> > Perhaps the one possible good reason for this is: Britney Spears has supported violently anti-disabled political leader Joe Biden and said that she was "proud" to do so. Maybe the organization is right to let her focus on her own mental health challenges for now; perhaps if she can see the light of pro-disabled, anti-Biden political thought one day, she could donate some money to a mental health organization and participate meaningfully in the conversation about disability rights.
> Just a comment: I don't know where to find the "conversation about mental health rights," but I note that Kanye West is surely "not invited" to this conversation either, based on his unashamed and glowing endorsement of Donald Trump.
>
> I don't know where that conversation is happening. I can only talk on Usenet at this time, since I have no idea where to interact with others who might want to discuss important disability-related issues.

I thought about the Britney Spears and "This Is My Brave" thing some more....is T.I.M.B. trying to indicate that as a metaphorical store, the organization doesn't serve Britney's kind? What??

Is it really because she praised Joe Biden? It occurred to me that mental health organizations like this one have probably accepted lots of donations from Biden supporters.

Do you mental health "helpers" understand what you look like? You may have fooled me a little bit for a few days, but why do you think that as a "store" that helps disabled people, it is OK for you not to accept disabled suppliers? Are the leaders of your organization dumb? (Note: That is not a slight against mentally ill people, because in many cases, mentally ill people are very smart--I don't see "dumb" as a mentally ill stereotype or sensitivity at all.)

I'm not going to research your organization too much, but what are you doing?

One of the big problems in politics is: "Stores" sell non-essential goods to certain types of people; e.g., pro-gay "shops" sell marriage rights to gay/bisexual men and women.

The problem is that many of these "stores" are so poorly run that like some grocery stores, they are willing to exclude or even literally attack people (not necessarily physically though) in illegal ways who are from certain "out-of-segment" groups. This leads these groups to be reprehensible and unfit to serve people from any background, unless of course they are selling something that is essential for life (I don't think a marriage certificate is essential for life/health).

The problem is, right-thinking citizens who reject the "break laws to make progress" school of thought start to boycott these unethical "stores," both supply-wise and demand-wise, and then they only serve or work with people who are desperate or morally inadequate. That is not a happy pairing of groups of people--"Where morally inadequate and desperate people come together." It sounds like a poorly run prison.

devel / comp.theory / Britney Spears' family's donation getting declined