From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Moving to new phone
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2021 17:54:39 -0400
 by: micky - Wed, 6 Oct 2021 21:54 UTC

When I move my sim to a new phone and it installs *all* the apps without
my asking it to, can I assume it installed the most recent version even
if I didn't have the most recent verssion in the previous phone?

I have High Volume Ringtones and it appears not to work anymore. i went
from Samgsung to Xiaomi.

Is there a way to move to a new phone WITHOUT it installing the apps?.
I wanted to do it myself in logical order. Not chronological.

Re: Moving to new phone

<sjmsui$1d1t$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=22569&group=comp.mobile.android#22569

From: com.gm...@nospam.scottishwildcat (Calum)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Moving to new phone
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 14:33:05 +0100
 by: Calum - Thu, 7 Oct 2021 13:33 UTC

On 06/10/2021 22:54, micky wrote:

> Is there a way to move to a new phone WITHOUT it installing the apps?.
> I wanted to do it myself in logical order. Not chronological.

Anytime I've installed a new phone in the past couple of years, it's
asked during the setup process whether I want to install the apps. But
they've all been using Google backup, other manufacturers with their own
backup-and-restore arrangements may do things differently.