From: club...@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP (Simon Clubley)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Subject: [OT] Independence, was: Re: The hardware support problem for x86
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 18:18:25 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Simon Clubley - Thu, 19 May 2022 18:18 UTC

On 2022-05-19, Bill Gunshannon <bill.gunshannon@gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems to me that rather than lighting fires they prefer to blow
> out the pilot lights and let the Nuclear industry just dry up and
> go away, like the fossil fuels industry, relying entirely on the
> totally inadequate wind and solar industries.

Your country is doing a damn good job of allowing ideology to destroy
its future independence and the ability to continue to be the master
of its own destiny. :-(

Mind you, certain parts of Europe are turning out not to be all that
great either. :-(

Simon.