Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 11:54:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A guess/opinion not backed by any certainty:
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Tue, 26 Oct 2021 18:54 UTC

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/as-supply-crisis-worsens-truckers-and-dock-workers-all-say-dont-blame-us-125007621.html

It's probably a problem with the labor unions--bad brands, I'd guess. I think I'm probably rather significantly involved in having damaged labor union brands, although of course I can't predict how my reactions to situations will be "fielded" (it's a baseball metaphor), "shaped," and "directed" by other economic actors and forces. Not everything I do is such that the exact outcome of it is completely under my control.

I like this news story because it helps me assess the effectiveness of my Usenet campaign to get my rights back. Without going into too much detail, yes, this is part of the evidence that I can use to evaluate how well my actions have worked and impacted things, and no, I don't do anything illegal or wish to ruin the economy...it is a particular kind of psychological warfare using economics, not economic warfare.

Re: A guess/opinion not backed by any certainty:

<bb5fd59b-4499-4036-8676-502823f1fc3fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22741&group=comp.theory#22741

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 11:55:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: A guess/opinion not backed by any certainty:
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Tue, 26 Oct 2021 18:55 UTC

On Tuesday, October 26, 2021 at 2:54:10 PM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/as-supply-crisis-worsens-truckers-and-dock-workers-all-say-dont-blame-us-125007621.html
>
> It's probably a problem with the labor unions--bad brands, I'd guess. I think I'm probably rather significantly involved in having damaged labor union brands, although of course I can't predict how my reactions to situations will be "fielded" (it's a baseball metaphor), "shaped," and "directed" by other economic actors and forces. Not everything I do is such that the exact outcome of it is completely under my control.
>
> I like this news story because it helps me assess the effectiveness of my Usenet campaign to get my rights back. Without going into too much detail, yes, this is part of the evidence that I can use to evaluate how well my actions have worked and impacted things, and no, I don't do anything illegal or wish to ruin the economy...it is a particular kind of psychological warfare using economics, not economic warfare.

(When I say that it is not "economic warfare," I just mean that it is not designed to ruin the national or global economy. I.e., I'm not trying to ruin any government-level GDP's.)

Re: A guess/opinion not backed by any certainty:

<82940a54-04e0-4f7f-b7f1-0b3f762990f5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22799&group=comp.theory#22799

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 06:18:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 13:18 UTC

On Tuesday, October 26, 2021 at 2:54:10 PM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/as-supply-crisis-worsens-truckers-and-dock-workers-all-say-dont-blame-us-125007621.html
>
> It's probably a problem with the labor unions--bad brands, I'd guess. I think I'm probably rather significantly involved in having damaged labor union brands, although of course I can't predict how my reactions to situations will be "fielded" (it's a baseball metaphor), "shaped," and "directed" by other economic actors and forces. Not everything I do is such that the exact outcome of it is completely under my control.
>
> I like this news story because it helps me assess the effectiveness of my Usenet campaign to get my rights back. Without going into too much detail, yes, this is part of the evidence that I can use to evaluate how well my actions have worked and impacted things, and no, I don't do anything illegal or wish to ruin the economy...it is a particular kind of psychological warfare using economics, not economic warfare.

An important point on this:

Some astute readers might notice how this went, and conclude that "The biggest mistake in the economy these days is to claim to be willing to help people who need money and then fail to deliver on your promises to do so."

I assert that this is close, but not quite the full picture. The full picture is about any sort of happiness-inducing thing that can be conveyed to another person. I.e., "The biggest mistake in the economy these days is to claim to be willing to help people acquire things that would help someone get a happier life, and then turn out to be only kidding or lying ('being a fraud artist') about enabling unhappy people to pursue happiness."

Based on the news, I assert that: The more devastating the loss of a certain "happiness-inducing thing" is, the more "fake investing advice peddlers" get punished for giving bad advice about how to get that thing for people who are very unhappy and working to "invest in their pursuit of happiness." The story about the truckers and wages is a key piece of evidence in my assertion of this.

In short: Don't lie to unhappy people, giving them fake advice about how to get something that they really want to be happier. (Money is indeed one key example of such a thing.)

devel / comp.theory / Re: A guess/opinion not backed by any certainty: