My computer can beat up your computer. -- Karl Lehenbauer

devel / comp.theory / Re: So, how many more warnings do you think I'm going to give?

SubjectAuthor
* So, how many more warnings do you think I'm going to give?DV
`* So, how many more warnings do you think I'm going to give?Malcolm McLean
 +- So, how many more warnings do you think I'm going to give?DV
 `* So, how many more warnings do you think I'm going to give?DV
  `- So, how many more warnings do you think I'm going to give?DV

1
So, how many more warnings do you think I'm going to give?

<9a18d48a-a086-494c-a661-1d600b9a810dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22794&group=comp.theory#22794

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 12:51:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: So, how many more warnings do you think I'm going to give?
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Thu, 28 Oct 2021 19:51 UTC

I haven't decided, honestly.

Let me try a change of tone:

I am a perfectly law-abiding, patriotic, and virtuous American citizen who has not been prosecuted and convicted for any crimes.

Nevertheless, the liberals of the US seem to have failed, repeatedly, to find a way to meet my simple demands: email me in a way that is in accordance with my communication preferences and release me from captivity, along with all other improperly limited mentally ill US citizens.

How amusing! The liberal elites think that I am just another "conquered" (I shan't use the more vulgar language here) pawn of Joe Biden! It is as though liberals think that the Terence-Tao-types, who may dislike me personally but very likely do understand our common prolonged circumstances, will not be watching carefully to see how I am treated when considering their own treatments by the government and the treatments of their families.

I assert my belief: My father and mother did not do anything out of the ordinary in their government careers that would infuriate well-connected political types. I can't prove that and I don't know much about their careers, but of course I am being targeted for me, not family connections.

I have still received no emails about this. It has been over ten years in illegal captivity. Everyone knows why. I have not been conveyed any kind of guarantee regarding if or when I will be released before my clearly stated deadline of December 1. I have no contact person with whom I may correspond back and forth to discuss these important matters.

What WILL Dr. Tao and company think? I can't really put correct words in their mouths, but how about: "We should all never appear too hotly talented at math in front of the US government and never stab government officials in the front in any way." It's a good guess, don't you think?

I won't swear Donald Trump and his Vice President in in 2024, I promise. I will also not accept the blame for this...Biden cannot win, whatever happens to the coronavirus, and liberating me is indeed the only option for salvaging what little remains of US liberalism, which I really do admire and cherish, you know.

To use a chess metaphor: The United States of America would be so very checkmated and King-less without its STEM running at full capacity. Indeed, I predict it will not be hurt that badly, but what WILL happen to the US government STEM-wise, as the chief responsible party, led by Joe Biden, for this frivolous outrage?

Don't email any mathematicians to ask what they think; I assert that they will not tell you the truth. I dislike them; I assert that they dislike government-types much more.

You simply HAVE been warned! Again! Science is just not a koosh ball, and yes, I got that comment from somewhere in the local community based on an overheard conversation between two seemingly pleasant people.

Do what you want, I only want one thing at the end of the day. Withhold it from me at your own expenses.

Re: So, how many more warnings do you think I'm going to give?

<ba01bf6c-2764-4f2a-9655-c6d3bfc6eed4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22797&group=comp.theory#22797

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 04:59:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: malcolm....@gmail.com (Malcolm McLean)
 by: Malcolm McLean - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 11:59 UTC

On Thursday, 28 October 2021 at 20:51:08 UTC+1, DV wrote:
> I haven't decided, honestly.
>
> Let me try a change of tone:
>
> I am a perfectly law-abiding, patriotic, and virtuous American citizen who has not been prosecuted and convicted for any crimes.
>
> Nevertheless, the liberals of the US seem to have failed, repeatedly, to find a way to meet my simple demands:
> email me in a way that is in accordance with my communication preferences and release me from captivity,
> along with all other improperly limited mentally ill US citizens.

My strong advice if you want to be released is to co-operate with the system. Drop the appeals,
don't kick up a fuss. Try to stay in good humour, and be nice to staff and other patients.

Re: So, how many more warnings do you think I'm going to give?

<406e2ae3-a252-456e-9e2a-15d4cd614467n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22798&group=comp.theory#22798

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 06:12:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 13:12 UTC

On Friday, October 29, 2021 at 7:59:37 AM UTC-4, malcolm.ar...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 October 2021 at 20:51:08 UTC+1, DV wrote:
> > I haven't decided, honestly.
> >
> > Let me try a change of tone:
> >
> > I am a perfectly law-abiding, patriotic, and virtuous American citizen who has not been prosecuted and convicted for any crimes.
> >
> > Nevertheless, the liberals of the US seem to have failed, repeatedly, to find a way to meet my simple demands:
> > email me in a way that is in accordance with my communication preferences and release me from captivity,
> > along with all other improperly limited mentally ill US citizens.
> >
> My strong advice if you want to be released is to co-operate with the system. Drop the appeals,
> don't kick up a fuss. Try to stay in good humour, and be nice to staff and other patients.

I appreciate you taking an interest in this, in spite of our previous verbal arguments.

It's sounds like you're suggesting that there is a "mental hospitalization metaphor," although I am stable.

Actually, as you are perhaps inviting me to state, I have cooperated with the system--I follow all rules, laws, and treatment recommendations. I do not even drive over the speed limit. Nevertheless, I am not treated any differently from when I did things in a different way.

It sounds like you're suggesting that I "not argue in court," and just go through the system without presenting a case in "court."

My reaction to that, whatever you mean, is that I decline to stop arguing my case. "Staying in good humor" and being supremely polite has been tried and led only to more trouble for me.

I assert that I am nice. Giving up my ability to protest and argue is not the same thing as following the rules. I advocate for all to follow the rules, and obtain no benefit from this.

Thanks again for choosing to interact with me on this issue. (If you can't tell I don't have a very "long-term memory" of various arguments on the internet, and I don't try to remember it all or keep track of it. I just respond to things as they're presented.)

-Philip

Re: So, how many more warnings do you think I'm going to give?

<0ac831a9-7de3-431c-8d27-8ea119cb4224n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22800&group=comp.theory#22800

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 09:53:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Fri, 29 Oct 2021 16:53 UTC

On Friday, October 29, 2021 at 7:59:37 AM UTC-4, malcolm.ar...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 October 2021 at 20:51:08 UTC+1, DV wrote:
> > I haven't decided, honestly.
> >
> > Let me try a change of tone:
> >
> > I am a perfectly law-abiding, patriotic, and virtuous American citizen who has not been prosecuted and convicted for any crimes.
> >
> > Nevertheless, the liberals of the US seem to have failed, repeatedly, to find a way to meet my simple demands:
> > email me in a way that is in accordance with my communication preferences and release me from captivity,
> > along with all other improperly limited mentally ill US citizens.
> >
> My strong advice if you want to be released is to co-operate with the system. Drop the appeals,
> don't kick up a fuss. Try to stay in good humour, and be nice to staff and other patients.

By the way, I thought about your post a little more.

One thing I would say is that it is difficult for me to take any advice offered to me, other than from maybe posters Alan Mackenzie and Daniel P., seriously at all, given that most of the posters other than me, including you, have indicated the truth of blatant falsehoods, about everything from the halting problem to the Hodge Conjecture. That doesn't necessarily anger me, but if someone were to say to me, "Philip, you were warned to be more polite," the obvious reaction to that would be that I was not warned by anyone who was asserting such a person's own honesty and sincerity. I don't mean that as insult, but my point is that I don't consider myself "warned" at all by a claimed-to-be credible source based on this post.

Re: So, how many more warnings do you think I'm going to give?

<92605715-5560-4430-b0ae-d212005f4381n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22803&group=comp.theory#22803

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 08:34:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Sat, 30 Oct 2021 15:34 UTC

On Friday, October 29, 2021 at 12:53:53 PM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> On Friday, October 29, 2021 at 7:59:37 AM UTC-4, malcolm.ar...@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Thursday, 28 October 2021 at 20:51:08 UTC+1, DV wrote:
> > > I haven't decided, honestly.
> > >
> > > Let me try a change of tone:
> > >
> > > I am a perfectly law-abiding, patriotic, and virtuous American citizen who has not been prosecuted and convicted for any crimes.
> > >
> > > Nevertheless, the liberals of the US seem to have failed, repeatedly, to find a way to meet my simple demands:
> > > email me in a way that is in accordance with my communication preferences and release me from captivity,
> > > along with all other improperly limited mentally ill US citizens.
> > >
> > My strong advice if you want to be released is to co-operate with the system. Drop the appeals,
> > don't kick up a fuss. Try to stay in good humour, and be nice to staff and other patients.
> By the way, I thought about your post a little more.
>
> One thing I would say is that it is difficult for me to take any advice offered to me, other than from maybe posters Alan Mackenzie and Daniel P., seriously at all, given that most of the posters other than me, including you, have indicated the truth of blatant falsehoods, about everything from the halting problem to the Hodge Conjecture. That doesn't necessarily anger me, but if someone were to say to me, "Philip, you were warned to be more polite," the obvious reaction to that would be that I was not warned by anyone who was asserting such a person's own honesty and sincerity. I don't mean that as insult, but my point is that I don't consider myself "warned" at all by a claimed-to-be credible source based on this post.

Another thing on this absurd and perplexing post of yours:

Perhaps over in Monarchy-ville or wherever you live, the word "respect" is defined to mean something along the lines of being willing to "bow to your adversary." (I will never bow to the anti-disabled.)

That is absurd, and I admit I was perplexed as to why it took me so long to see the absurdity in your post. What manner of hex is this that drives you to mention cooperation?

I have been extremely respectful--perhaps too respectful--to those who have falsely accused me of things, smeared me, tormented me, attacked me, and viciously denied me my rights. Any assertion to the effect of that I "haven't cooperated enough" with "the system," or that I've been even mildly "not respectful enough" to anyone at all in the past 10 years is absurd and false. If you want to disagree you need to find some evidence, e.g., linked Usenet posts in which I've said something I shouldn't have or something that was "uncooperative" or "disrespectful."

If you think about it, I'm being very kind and respectful to you yourself right now, by taking my valuable time to post again to point out the image-wise dangerous absurdity of continuing to insist that I've somehow behaved improperly or "not done enough." Frankly, your assertion is laughable. My brand is service-y; indeed, if I really wanted to assault your reputation, I would not write this post and let your absurd point stand unchallenged.

-Philip

devel / comp.theory / Re: So, how many more warnings do you think I'm going to give?