Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 14:19:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A few comments.
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Sat, 30 Oct 2021 21:19 UTC

(These comments are not really all definitely related to each other.)

1 > Walmart has been fine lately, although I know that could change at any time. My items have been in stock and I haven't had to go to the W. Broad Street Wal-mart. My digestive health has been returning to normal.

2 > I have been re-reading a few of my posts, and my mood in the posts, as I read them, seems to be different from my mood now. I don't want to say my tone sounds "weird" to me, but it sounds "highly urgent and more 'seemingly attemptedly cynical/masculine'" than my typical way of writing. Without giving too much detail: Based on my mental health and some experiences from a few years back, that mood difference doesn't surprise me much at all, in at least one sense.

3 > Related to #2: I feel sort of compelled to defend and explain my comments that I made while in different "cognitive states" or whatever, so here is an explanation: Basically, I feel comfortable sharing raw ideas of the sort that might go in my diary on the internet right now. I check my work for offensive content, and make sure that nothing inappropriate or poorly phrased goes on the internet. I have noticed that a few things I've written might be "true only if certain possibly false assumptions I had made about how things have been going were true," and therefore possibly false. I do assert that even if my explanations of certain things sound like "conspiracy-theory-type thinking," my zeros in particular are highly accurate. I assert that I have made very few errors in the criticisms I've made, even if there have been some statements that, while true under certain assumptions, were not actually correct. In case you're wondering, I sometimes manage my tone to "sound a different way from how adversaries might want me to sound," and I don't ever really think "I'm going to sound weird now" on purpose.. I am more likely to focus on "possibly dumb adversary reactions," and I don't mind saying this ("What an idiot!" "That's the stupidest thing!" "He's trying to make me mad, isn't he?" "How dare he!! What a nut!" --are some of the reactions I could be seen as sort of trying to bait some people into having, in the sense that I try to channel genuine anger into communications that may cause adversaries to be correspondingly off-behavior in accordance with my induced off-mood issues.) I did notice that some of my writing sounds more "out there" than I had intended, but I do assert that nothing I said should be offensive or politically/philosophically off-"anchor" for me--it isn't intended to even be weird, it just sometimes comes out that way when I'm feeling perturbed and working to strike back conscientiously without a full understanding of how I'll be perceived by most other people (sometimes, that is an advantage, since unique lenses can be valuable).

Re: A few comments.

<d8f5f447-9be3-4bc5-8d4c-a480620f596bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22808&group=comp.theory#22808

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2021 14:25:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: A few comments.
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Sat, 30 Oct 2021 21:25 UTC

On Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 5:19:41 PM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> (These comments are not really all definitely related to each other.)
>

> 1 > Walmart has been fine lately, although I know that could change at any time. My items have been in stock and I haven't had to go to the W. Broad Street Wal-mart. My digestive health has been returning to normal.
>
> 2 > I have been re-reading a few of my posts, and my mood in the posts, as I read them, seems to be different from my mood now. I don't want to say my tone sounds "weird" to me, but it sounds "highly urgent and more 'seemingly attemptedly cynical/masculine'" than my typical way of writing. Without giving too much detail: Based on my mental health and some experiences from a few years back, that mood difference doesn't surprise me much at all, in at least one sense.
>
> 3 > Related to #2: I feel sort of compelled to defend and explain my comments that I made while in different "cognitive states" or whatever, so here is an explanation: Basically, I feel comfortable sharing raw ideas of the sort that might go in my diary on the internet right now. I check my work for offensive content, and make sure that nothing inappropriate or poorly phrased goes on the internet. I have noticed that a few things I've written might be "true only if certain possibly false assumptions I had made about how things have been going were true," and therefore possibly false. I do assert that even if my explanations of certain things sound like "conspiracy-theory-type thinking," my zeros in particular are highly accurate. I assert that I have made very few errors in the criticisms I've made, even if there have been some statements that, while true under certain assumptions, were not actually correct. In case you're wondering, I sometimes manage my tone to "sound a different way from how adversaries might want me to sound," and I don't ever really think "I'm going to sound weird now" on purpose. I am more likely to focus on "possibly dumb adversary reactions," and I don't mind saying this ("What an idiot!" "That's the stupidest thing!" "He's trying to make me mad, isn't he?" "How dare he!! What a nut!" --are some of the reactions I could be seen as sort of trying to bait some people into having, in the sense that I try to channel genuine anger into communications that may cause adversaries to be correspondingly off-behavior in accordance with my induced off-mood issues.) I did notice that some of my writing sounds more "out there" than I had intended, but I do assert that nothing I said should be offensive or politically/philosophically off-"anchor" for me--it isn't intended to even be weird, it just sometimes comes out that way when I'm feeling perturbed and working to strike back conscientiously without a full understanding of how I'll be perceived by most other people (sometimes, that is an advantage, since unique lenses can be valuable).

(In case you're wondering, I see myself as struggling with emotional self control--I can't always keep a handle on how I feel about things, particularly "disturbances," these days--but I see myself as having well-above-average behavioral control. I can stop myself from acting out or "losing it" better than most people I know. I don't mind writing about it--the disclosure doesn't contain anything potentially new about me that would be valuable to adversaries, i.e., the people who want to trip me up seem to already have sensed my emotional nature, if not my skill at managing my behavior.)

devel / comp.theory / Re: A few comments.