"It's when they say 2 + 2 = 5 that I begin to argue." -- Eric Pepke

devel / comp.theory / Update on math-related IP....

SubjectAuthor
* Update on math-related IP....DV
`* Update on math-related IP....DV
 `* Update on math-related IP....DV
  `* Update on math-related IP....DV
   `- Update on math-related IP....DV

1
Update on math-related IP....

<b7838680-ab24-4960-b269-25db1c2184a8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22842&group=comp.theory#22842

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 17:12:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Update on math-related IP....
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 00:12 UTC

I am working on an idea for secure private-key cryptography. The idea is related to EXPTIME decision problems, and I hope to show that certain computations are provably not computable in PSPACE.

I am probably not going to explicitly patent intellectual property, but whenever this ordeal of mine is over, I am interested in selling intellectual property to firms, with the help of a lawyer, that such firms could patent and/or use to further their corporate goals.

I will probably do some more work on this idea over the next few days; not all ideas are fully based on provably correct propositions yet. I will likely post one or more updates as my work progresses.

-Philip White

Re: Update on math-related IP....

<4a4a9202-2f7c-43de-b586-635328f6e103n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22900&group=comp.theory#22900

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 11:13:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Update on math-related IP....
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 18:13 UTC

On Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 8:12:36 PM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> I am working on an idea for secure private-key cryptography. The idea is related to EXPTIME decision problems, and I hope to show that certain computations are provably not computable in PSPACE.
>
> I am probably not going to explicitly patent intellectual property, but whenever this ordeal of mine is over, I am interested in selling intellectual property to firms, with the help of a lawyer, that such firms could patent and/or use to further their corporate goals.
>
> I will probably do some more work on this idea over the next few days; not all ideas are fully based on provably correct propositions yet. I will likely post one or more updates as my work progresses.
>
> -Philip White

Also: I'm not sure at this time, but I think that the mathematical idea I have in mind, which is related to EXPTIME as I said above, would be usable to devise provably secure public-key cryptography schemes too.

I haven't finished proving all the theorems, but I'm pretty sure that I could within a week at any time at this point.

Re: Update on math-related IP....

<f12da5c5-6653-41fb-8cf4-d3a01379872bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22917&group=comp.theory#22917

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 16:29:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 23:29 UTC

On Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 2:13:02 PM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> On Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 8:12:36 PM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> > I am working on an idea for secure private-key cryptography. The idea is related to EXPTIME decision problems, and I hope to show that certain computations are provably not computable in PSPACE.
> >
> > I am probably not going to explicitly patent intellectual property, but whenever this ordeal of mine is over, I am interested in selling intellectual property to firms, with the help of a lawyer, that such firms could patent and/or use to further their corporate goals.
> >
> > I will probably do some more work on this idea over the next few days; not all ideas are fully based on provably correct propositions yet. I will likely post one or more updates as my work progresses.
> >
> > -Philip White
> Also: I'm not sure at this time, but I think that the mathematical idea I have in mind, which is related to EXPTIME as I said above, would be usable to devise provably secure public-key cryptography schemes too.
>
> I haven't finished proving all the theorems, but I'm pretty sure that I could within a week at any time at this point.

Another update:

I now have 4 algorithms that break DLP and FACTOR based cryptography.

One of them is one that I could sell to an appropriate firm, once it is certain that my replacement public/private-key cryptography ideas will be in use to protect data. I'm not sure that anyone would want such an algorithm, but my point is that I could now demonstrate a working algorithm of this nature that would not interfere with my other plans.

I am still not going to publish anything that would dangerous at this time. Of course, I am still waiting to have my rights restored. The CIA/NSA bozos are truly idiotic in their persistence at attacking me.

Re: Update on math-related IP....

<a3ef5346-0b90-49af-a6d0-f15cc8dd3859n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=22944&group=comp.theory#22944

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 07:21:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 14:21 UTC

On Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 7:29:42 PM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 2:13:02 PM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> > On Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 8:12:36 PM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> > > I am working on an idea for secure private-key cryptography. The idea is related to EXPTIME decision problems, and I hope to show that certain computations are provably not computable in PSPACE.
> > >
> > > I am probably not going to explicitly patent intellectual property, but whenever this ordeal of mine is over, I am interested in selling intellectual property to firms, with the help of a lawyer, that such firms could patent and/or use to further their corporate goals.
> > >
> > > I will probably do some more work on this idea over the next few days; not all ideas are fully based on provably correct propositions yet. I will likely post one or more updates as my work progresses.
> > >
> > > -Philip White
> > Also: I'm not sure at this time, but I think that the mathematical idea I have in mind, which is related to EXPTIME as I said above, would be usable to devise provably secure public-key cryptography schemes too.
> >
> > I haven't finished proving all the theorems, but I'm pretty sure that I could within a week at any time at this point.
> Another update:
>
> I now have 4 algorithms that break DLP and FACTOR based cryptography.
>
> One of them is one that I could sell to an appropriate firm, once it is certain that my replacement public/private-key cryptography ideas will be in use to protect data. I'm not sure that anyone would want such an algorithm, but my point is that I could now demonstrate a working algorithm of this nature that would not interfere with my other plans.
>
> I am still not going to publish anything that would dangerous at this time. Of course, I am still waiting to have my rights restored. The CIA/NSA bozos are truly idiotic in their persistence at attacking me.

Note, due to the (rather obvious) non-cryptography applications of the order finding algorithm, I would sell it for a rather high price or not at all. It wouldn't definitely have to be sold.

Re: Update on math-related IP....

<562d162a-734c-4e77-8379-767dc5fe3e51n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23004&group=comp.theory#23004

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 06:01:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Thu, 4 Nov 2021 13:01 UTC

On Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 10:21:03 AM UTC-4, DV wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 7:29:42 PM UTC-4, DV wrote:

> > > Also: I'm not sure at this time, but I think that the mathematical idea I have in mind, which is related to EXPTIME as I said above, would be usable to devise provably secure public-key cryptography schemes too.
> > >
> > > I haven't finished proving all the theorems, but I'm pretty sure that I could within a week at any time at this point.
> > Another update:
> >
> > I now have 4 algorithms that break DLP and FACTOR based cryptography.
> >
> > One of them is one that I could sell to an appropriate firm, once it is certain that my replacement public/private-key cryptography ideas will be in use to protect data. I'm not sure that anyone would want such an algorithm, but my point is that I could now demonstrate a working algorithm of this nature that would not interfere with my other plans.
> >
> > I am still not going to publish anything that would dangerous at this time. Of course, I am still waiting to have my rights restored. The CIA/NSA bozos are truly idiotic in their persistence at attacking me.
> Note, due to the (rather obvious) non-cryptography applications of the order finding algorithm, I would sell it for a rather high price or not at all. It wouldn't definitely have to be sold.

I've decided that I'm probably going to pursue a patent on the cryptography idea.

It should be patentable, and even if illegal restrictions by the CIA prevent me from selling the technology for a few years, I assume I would have a chance of selling the technology eventually.

With any luck, I should be ready to proceed by the end of the year.

devel / comp.theory / Update on math-related IP....