Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 10:01:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: An important cryptology-releated comment regarding AES.
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 17:01 UTC

It looks to me like AES is easy to break with undergraduate-level techniques.

According to the Wikipedia articles on AES, it can be broken in polynomial time as long as the "AddRoundKey" step is invertible, which I think it is.

I am not planning to code any cryptanalytic algorithms, since I have no interest in doing code-breaking activities myself or as part of any organization. I probably won't publish any of my cryptanalysis-relevant ideas either, aside from my BQP = P result if quantum computers are ever built.

It is a bit remarkable how weak and easily broken many of the well-known "state of the art" codes are. At least the codes are interesting, and no, I'm not that angry at the designers of well-known codes that I've broken and I'm not out to insult these people in particular.

devel / comp.theory / An important cryptology-releated comment regarding AES.