We are Microsoft. Unix is irrelevant. Openness is futile. Prepare to be assimilated.

computers / comp.mobile.ipad / Re: Quiet hours?

SubjectAuthor
* Quiet hours?John Hill
+- Re: Quiet hours?Ant
`* Re: Quiet hours?Jolly Roger
 `* Re: Quiet hours?John Hill
  `* Re: Quiet hours?Jolly Roger
   `* Re: Quiet hours?*Hemidactylus*
    `- Re: Quiet hours?Jolly Roger

1
Re: Quiet hours?

<zOWcnTIEGJghUdj5nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2282&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2282

From: ant...@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: Re: Quiet hours?
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 00:26:36 +0000
 by: Ant - Mon, 24 Apr 2023 00:26 UTC

John Hill <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, fully up to date.

> Is there a way of setting it so that I don't receive calls between certain
> hours (specifically, in the middle of the night)?

> Or at least of silencing the ringtone, though this would be less useful.

> I would have expected this but if it is there, I can't find the setting.

> But I would like to have the ability to originate a call if I so wished.

> John.

Use iOS' Focus feature?
--
"Praise the LORD, O my soul. I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live." --Psalm 146:1-2. Yay 4 Lakers 4 smacking da bears hard! Quiet weekend?
| |o o| |

Quiet hours?

<u23iq7$3rvvn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2283&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2283

From: watcombe...@yahoo.co.uk (John Hill)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Quiet hours?
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 15:28:07 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Hill - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 15:28 UTC

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, fully up to date.

Is there a way of setting it so that I don't receive calls between certain
hours (specifically, in the middle of the night)?

Or at least of silencing the ringtone, though this would be less useful.

I would have expected this but if it is there, I can't find the setting.

But I would like to have the ability to originate a call if I so wished.

John.

--
Mony a mickle maks a muckle.

Re: Quiet hours?

<kal68qF24jqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2284&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2284

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: 23 Apr 2023 16:55:54 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 23 Apr 2023 16:55 UTC

On 2023-04-23, John Hill <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, fully up to date.
>
> Is there a way of setting it so that I don't receive calls between
> certain hours (specifically, in the middle of the night)?
>
> Or at least of silencing the ringtone, though this would be less
> useful.
>
> I would have expected this but if it is there, I can't find the
> setting.
>
> But I would like to have the ability to originate a call if I so
> wished.

Settings > Focus:

<https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212608>

JR

Re: Quiet hours?

<u282s2$ptiu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2285&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2285

From: watcombe...@yahoo.co.uk (John Hill)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 08:26:42 -0000 (UTC)
 by: John Hill - Tue, 25 Apr 2023 08:26 UTC

On 23 Apr 2023 at 17:55:54 BST, "Jolly Roger" <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

> On 2023-04-23, John Hill <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, fully up to date.
>>
>> Is there a way of setting it so that I don't receive calls between
>> certain hours (specifically, in the middle of the night)?
>>
>> Or at least of silencing the ringtone, though this would be less
>> useful.
>>
>> I would have expected this but if it is there, I can't find the
>> setting.
>>
>> But I would like to have the ability to originate a call if I so
>> wished.
>
> Settings > Focus:
>
> <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212608>

Thank you. I think I have found what I want in"Do not disturb".

Did this not appear directly under Settings at one time?

John.

--
An infinitely complex system can fail in an infinite number of ways.

Re: Quiet hours?

<kaqe6oFr651U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2286&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2286

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: 25 Apr 2023 16:42:00 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 25 Apr 2023 16:42 UTC

On 2023-04-25, John Hill <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On 23 Apr 2023 at 17:55:54 BST, "Jolly Roger" <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-04-23, John Hill <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, fully up to date.
>>>
>>> Is there a way of setting it so that I don't receive calls between
>>> certain hours (specifically, in the middle of the night)?
>>>
>>> Or at least of silencing the ringtone, though this would be less
>>> useful.
>>>
>>> I would have expected this but if it is there, I can't find the
>>> setting.
>>>
>>> But I would like to have the ability to originate a call if I so
>>> wished.
>>
>> Settings > Focus:
>>
>> <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212608>
>
> Thank you. I think I have found what I want in"Do not disturb".
>
> Did this not appear directly under Settings at one time?

Yes, but Apple expanded the feature, so now Do Not Disturb is a subset
of the larger Focus feature.

JR

Re: Quiet hours?

<vyadnRFuZtC_K9D5nZ2dnZfqnPednZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2288&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2288

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
From: ecpho...@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2023 00:28:18 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 00:28 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> On 2023-04-25, John Hill <watcombeman@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>> Settings > Focus:
>>>
>>> <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212608>
>>
>> Thank you. I think I have found what I want in"Do not disturb".
>>
>> Did this not appear directly under Settings at one time?
>
> Yes, but Apple expanded the feature, so now Do Not Disturb is a subset
> of the larger Focus feature.

I usually finger flip on my phone from the top just before work to access
it from Control Center but Do Not Disturb is my go to. I guess I could
automate it. I wake to my iPhone alarm every morning. I guess I could use
my iPad instead for that. I never use Do Not Disturb on the iPad. I should
learn more about Focus.

Re: Quiet hours?

<kb7f1hFt26jU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2289&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2289

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: 30 Apr 2023 15:16:01 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 30 Apr 2023 15:16 UTC

On 2023-04-30, *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

>>> Thank you. I think I have found what I want in"Do not disturb".
>>>
>>> Did this not appear directly under Settings at one time?
>>
>> Yes, but Apple expanded the feature, so now Do Not Disturb is a
>> subset of the larger Focus feature.
>>
> I usually finger flip on my phone from the top just before work to
> access it from Control Center but Do Not Disturb is my go to. I guess
> I could automate it.

I'm not seeing a dilemma. Bring up Control Center, tap Focus, then tap
Do Not Disturb. Done deal.

JR