From: crobe...@gmail.com (Charlie Roberts)
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Subject: Question about Evie's Hand font in Gimp 2.10
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2021 18:45:47 -0400
 by: Charlie Roberts - Fri, 5 Nov 2021 22:45 UTC

I am running GIMP 2.10 in Windows 10.

I have the font Evies's Hand loaded on the machine
and it works fine in the word processor, etc. But
in GIMP the blanks come out as a square with
0020 inside.

I haev a feeling that this is somehow tied to the
"%20" string that one sees in web addresses, etc.

How can one get rid of the character and get
a real blank? Is it possible at all?

thanks

Re: Question about Evie's Hand font in Gimp 2.10

<6o13tghi8ssp22hfamu0u0101h8ldrlcgp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23&group=comp.graphics.apps.gimp#23

From: not.in....@invalid.xor (lisa)
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.gimp
Subject: Re: Question about Evie's Hand font in Gimp 2.10
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 12:41:19 +0100
 by: lisa - Sun, 2 Jan 2022 11:41 UTC

On Fri, 05 Nov 2021 18:45:47 -0400, Charlie Roberts
<croberts@gmail.com> wrote:

>I am running GIMP 2.10 in Windows 10.
running 2.10.30 on W7

>I have the font Evies's Hand loaded on the machine
>and it works fine in the word processor, etc. But
>in GIMP the blanks come out as a square with
>0020 inside.

can't recreate it

>How can one get rid of the character and get
>a real blank?

no idea

> Is it possible at all?

yes I have no problems with that font.
Blanks are blanks
--

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of it's existence." Nikola Tesla