From: Recently...@RecentlyOrLately.com (RecentlyOrLately)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Win 7 Pro Shutdown NOT !
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 17:06:14 -0700
 by: RecentlyOrLately - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 00:06 UTC

I tried to shutdown windows using the Start / Shutdown (turn off).
Win goes to the screen says shutting down.
The were no programs that needed to be forced to close.
I just hangs there. After 15 mins I hit the power switch.

What is going on ?
How do i fix this.

I had to power off and on to get back in.

Seems to be restarted OK.

Re: Win 7 Pro Shutdown NOT !

<sgukhj$m1g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2316&group=alt.windows7.general#2316

From: msc...@yahoo.com (Mike S)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Re: Win 7 Pro Shutdown NOT !
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 19:09:53 -0700
 by: Mike S - Sat, 4 Sep 2021 02:09 UTC

On 9/3/2021 5:06 PM, RecentlyOrLately wrote:
> I tried to shutdown windows using the Start / Shutdown (turn off).
> Win goes to the screen says shutting down.
> The were no programs that needed to be forced to close.
> I just hangs there.  After 15 mins I hit the power switch.
>
> What is going on ?
> How do i fix this.
>
> I had to power off and on to get back in.
>
> Seems to be restarted OK.

I saw that happen sometimes after a Windows update. I never solved it so
I ended up turning off the computer after 1 minute, that didn't seem to
hurt anything and the computer worked normally and turned off normally
after that, except when some further updates were installed.