Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2021 18:24:18 -0800 (PST)
Subject: vladimir putin
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Tue, 9 Nov 2021 02:24 UTC

0

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/former-us-marine-detained-russia-230021490.html

An excerpt:

Reed's Russian girlfriend told ABC News that he started his hunger strike last Thursday, Nov. 4. His family confirmed the news through his Russian attorney, saying in a statement Monday that he is protesting "his arbitrary detention and Russian authorities' numerous and flagrant violations of his basic human rights and his rights under Russian law."

Like I've said before: Pick a country and follow its laws. This applies to Vladimir Putin, too.

Like I've also said before: Putin already killed another US military veteran a while ago, showing that he is not to be reasoned with, but instead attacked.

Furthermore: His actions are of course even worse than the US-law-breaking CIA's actions.

Should I fear an assassination attempt by Putin against me sometime in the future? Yes. I should. The best way to avoid such an attempt is to continue standing up for many of Putin's victims; I believe that silence would make me more vulnerable to Putin-type evildoers in the world, given that I'm probably rather well-known internationally at this point, although I might be confused about this point. (Either way, criticizing Putin is the way to go for me at this point; the death or endangerment of anyone who has served the US and its values is worth fighting to avoid, especially non-violently and with words. I don't think I will need to "break my back" or whatever to compete with Putin at the level that I want to compete; I think I will be able to do it without ruining my stress levels someday.)

I am not very unreasonable. I don't think Putin should be assassinated; today, I think Russia should be democratized and Putin should be arrested and sent to a Russian jail cell someday in the future.

If Putin killed me someday, he would be squashing a voice for an aggressive competition with Russia that does not include violence against him. He would be unwise to attack me; I am to be debated, perhaps metaphorically, if Putin will get smarter. I don't object to that, and I assert that it is likely that Vladimir Putin's time in prison will come.

I haven't paid as much attention to Xi Jinping and genocide in China lately.. I hope that Chinese human rights will improve and genocide will cease; my words are already said now, I'll work to work on it more later if I am ever free.

I remember what I said about "pretending to care about human rights." I am not pretending, I want to help. I might take a year or two off before really getting into pro-human-rights (and maybe other) philanthropy, assuming I get enough money to do it...but I will do it. It is an important priority for me to get seriously involved with on my own, very very likely within 2 years of my release. (This is an indication of intent.)

devel / comp.theory / vladimir putin