Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 13:42:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Help with Information about a former DEC colleague
From: freemant...@yahoo.co.uk (freemantlet@yahoo.co.uk)
 by: freemantlet@yahoo.co - Tue, 21 Jun 2022 20:42 UTC

Here's a very long shot to a Group last accessed in 2017 !

I'm collating life information for a late and dear friend of mine, Gwyn Brookes, who worked at DEC, Worton Grange from 4/89 to 9/96.

I met Gwyn years before she joined DEC. We worked together but lost touch over the years and I was much later very saddened to learn of her passing.
I'm determined to record and celebrate her life story and would appreciate her former colleagues at DEC sharing any relevant work testimonials with me.

I was aware of Gwyn's potential at first meeting and it seems someone at DEC thought the same. Given the right role, it appears she soared which was no surprise to me.
As for me, a career supporting IBM mainframes as a Sys Prog followed by Oracle and SQL DBA roles. I still consider myself a DBA but currently doing something different by way of a break.

My only connection with DEC was an old DEC/VAX on a site and running an early Half where the route went out to DEC (wasn't DEC a sponsor in those days ?)

In the unlikely event someone happens on this and responds, thank you in advance.

Terry
June 21 2022.