Gravity brings me down.

computers / comp.mobile.ipad / Re: weird problem with Fintie case on iPad Pro 11"

SubjectAuthor
* weird problem with Fintie case on iPad Pro 11"heron stone
+* Re: weird problem with Fintie case on iPad Pro 11"heron stone
|`* Re: weird problem with Fintie case on iPad Pro 11"Ed Cryer
| `- Re: weird problem with Fintie case on iPad Pro 11"heron stone
`* Re: weird problem with Fintie case on iPad Pro 11"Wade Garrett
 `- Re: weird problem with Fintie case on iPad Pro 11"heron stone

1
weird problem with Fintie case on iPad Pro 11"

<0001HW.2A5364B6016531DC70000370338F@news.newshosting.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2339&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2339

From: her...@gendo.net (heron stone)
Subject: weird problem with Fintie case on iPad Pro 11"
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 13:19:02 -0700
 by: heron stone - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 20:19 UTC

i just received this case which has a slot to store the Apple pencil

the pencil goes from 100% to 7% in 14 hours when stored in the slot

the goes from 100% to 92% when left out on the desk

? does anyone have an idea as to what is going on here

thanks

Re: weird problem with Fintie case on iPad Pro 11"

<0001HW.2A5365AF01656C1870000C12E38F@news.newshosting.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2340&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2340

From: her...@gendo.net (heron stone)
Subject: Re: weird problem with Fintie case on iPad Pro 11"
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2023 13:23:11 -0700
 by: heron stone - Mon, 3 Jul 2023 20:23 UTC

On Jul 3, 2023, heron stone wrote
(in article<0001HW.2A5364B6016531DC70000370338F@news.newshosting.com>):

> i just received this case which has a slot to store the Apple pencil
>
> the pencil goes from 100% to 7% in 14 hours when stored in the slot
>
> the goes from 100% to 92% when left out on the desk
>
> ? does anyone have an idea as to what is going on here
>
> thanks

it goes to 92% after 17 hours on the desk

Re: weird problem with Fintie case on iPad Pro 11"

<u80v9u$3ajn$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2341&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2341

From: ed...@somewhere.in.the.uk (Ed Cryer)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 12:19:40 +0100
 by: Ed Cryer - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 11:19 UTC

heron stone wrote:
> On Jul 3, 2023, heron stone wrote
> (in article<0001HW.2A5364B6016531DC70000370338F@news.newshosting.com>):
>
>> i just received this case which has a slot to store the Apple pencil
>>
>> the pencil goes from 100% to 7% in 14 hours when stored in the slot
>>
>> the goes from 100% to 92% when left out on the desk
>>
>> ? does anyone have an idea as to what is going on here
>>
>> thanks
>
> it goes to 92% after 17 hours on the desk

It's possibly being turned on when you insert it into the loop. Have a
look at this video;
https://tinyurl.com/27xjdbqu

Ed

Re: weird problem with Fintie case on iPad Pro 11"

<0001HW.2A547A8E018A907270000388138F@news.newshosting.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2342&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2342

From: her...@gendo.net (heron stone)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2023 09:04:30 -0700
 by: heron stone - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 16:04 UTC

On Jul 4, 2023, Ed Cryer wrote
(in article <u80v9u$3ajn$1@dont-email.me>):

> heron stone wrote:
> > On Jul 3, 2023, heron stone wrote
> > (in article<0001HW.2A5364B6016531DC70000370338F@news.newshosting.com>):
> >
> > > i just received this case which has a slot to store the Apple pencil
> > >
> > > the pencil goes from 100% to 7% in 14 hours when stored in the slot
> > >
> > > the goes from 100% to 92% when left out on the desk
> > >
> > > ? does anyone have an idea as to what is going on here
> > >
> > > thanks
> >
> > it goes to 92% after 17 hours on the desk
>
> It's possibly being turned on when you insert it into the loop. Have a
> look at this video;
> https://tinyurl.com/27xjdbqu
>
> Ed

thanks Ed

i’ll check it out

Re: weird problem with Fintie case on iPad Pro 11"

<u81kok$5ji9$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2343&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2343

From: wad...@cooler.net (Wade Garrett)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 13:26:42 -0400
 by: Wade Garrett - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 17:26 UTC

On 7/3/23 4:19 PM, heron stone wrote:
> i just received this case which has a slot to store the Apple pencil
>
> the pencil goes from 100% to 7% in 14 hours when stored in the slot
>
> the goes from 100% to 92% when left out on the desk
>
> ? does anyone have an idea as to what is going on here
>
> thanks

My 7th gen iPad was in a Fintie magnetic folio case and worked fine for
years. Then one day, the iPad started self-discharging overnight. I did
the usual reboot/hard reset/wipe-setup as a new device chicken=dances
all with no joy.

So I concluded there was something wrong with it and wiped/reset it
again prior to listing it on Craig's as an As Is/Parts Only device. I
also took it out of its Fintie case to photograph it.

But something came up and I ended up setting the project aside for a
week and a half. When I resumed, the charge had dropped from 100% to 98%.

I set it up again and used it without the case for three weeks and it
worked fine. I also wiped it and restored it from a backup I had made
while it was self-discharging--- and it was still fine.

Culprit? Fontie case!

Bought a cheapie plain vanilla vinyl case on Ebay and it's worked fine
for several months now...

--
There are two genders, human flourishing requires fossil fuels, reverse
racism is racism, an open border is no border, parents determine the

Re: weird problem with Fintie case on iPad Pro 11"

<0001HW.2A563E3B01DC22E870000D53D38F@news.newshosting.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2344&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2344

From: her...@gendo.net (heron stone)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2023 17:11:39 -0700
 by: heron stone - Thu, 6 Jul 2023 00:11 UTC

On Jul 4, 2023, Wade Garrett wrote
(in article <u81kok$5ji9$1@dont-email.me>):

> On 7/3/23 4:19 PM, heron stone wrote:
> > i just received this case which has a slot to store the Apple pencil
> >
> > the pencil goes from 100% to 7% in 14 hours when stored in the slot
> >
> > the goes from 100% to 92% when left out on the desk
> >
> > ? does anyone have an idea as to what is going on here
> >
> > thanks
> My 7th gen iPad was in a Fintie magnetic folio case and worked fine for
> years. Then one day, the iPad started self-discharging overnight. I did
> the usual reboot/hard reset/wipe-setup as a new device chicken=dances
> all with no joy.
>
> So I concluded there was something wrong with it and wiped/reset it
> again prior to listing it on Craig's as an As Is/Parts Only device. I
> also took it out of its Fintie case to photograph it.
>
> But something came up and I ended up setting the project aside for a
> week and a half. When I resumed, the charge had dropped from 100% to 98%.
>
> I set it up again and used it without the case for three weeks and it
> worked fine. I also wiped it and restored it from a backup I had made
> while it was self-discharging--- and it was still fine.
>
> Culprit? Fontie case!
>
> Bought a cheapie plain vanilla vinyl case on Ebay and it's worked fine
> for several months now...

thanks Wade,

the iPad is not discharging excessively

it’s just the pencil

i don’t understand how a rubber case can cause a pencil to discharge
rapidly