Premature optimization is the root of all evil. -- D. E. Knuth

devel / comp.theory / Re: P = NP...

SubjectAuthor
* P = NP...DV
`* P = NP...DV
 `- P = NP...DV

1
P = NP...

<9d269841-30ef-4ccc-84d2-a7f993fda966n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23540&group=comp.theory#23540

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 06:20:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: P = NP...
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Mon, 15 Nov 2021 14:20 UTC

I realized that my proof that P = NP unfortunately contains a mistake that cannot be fixed.

It looks like most/all of my other math breakthroughs are correct though.

It is probably possible to prove that P != NP.

Re: P = NP...

<f2eb6a86-a45c-407b-960f-bdf20d907310n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23543&group=comp.theory#23543

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 08:45:54 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: P = NP...
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Mon, 15 Nov 2021 16:45 UTC

On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 9:21:01 AM UTC-5, DV wrote:
> I realized that my proof that P = NP unfortunately contains a mistake that cannot be fixed.
>
> It looks like most/all of my other math breakthroughs are correct though.
>
> It is probably possible to prove that P != NP.

Update:

I realized that my idea about a proof that would show that P != NP is not correct. Thus it is possible that my P = NP algorithm is still fixable; I spoke in error this morning. I was updating readers as a courtesy.

I just had a good idea: What if I just stopped talking about P = NP? Maybe some of the jealous loonies would calm down and see their wives in a different and more pleasant light if I just didn't talk about P = NP any more?

I will resolve the question of "Does my P = NP algorithm work?" eventually. I will probably not announce the result of this investigation. The algorithm, if it works, will be an investing tool that I will use to make money.

You might feel calmer, given that I'm still being trafficked, if I stopped updating you about that particular math result.

Consider it a gesture of generosity....

(I'm still doing my job search. Congressional interference should not be enough to stop it.)

Re: P = NP...

<e028dc76-9c27-47fb-9047-35c0b2b55c66n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23544&group=comp.theory#23544

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 08:50:36 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Mon, 15 Nov 2021 16:50 UTC

On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 11:45:55 AM UTC-5, DV wrote:
> On Monday, November 15, 2021 at 9:21:01 AM UTC-5, DV wrote:
> > I realized that my proof that P = NP unfortunately contains a mistake that cannot be fixed.
> >
> > It looks like most/all of my other math breakthroughs are correct though.
> >
> > It is probably possible to prove that P != NP.
> Update:
>
> I realized that my idea about a proof that would show that P != NP is not correct. Thus it is possible that my P = NP algorithm is still fixable; I spoke in error this morning. I was updating readers as a courtesy.
>
> I just had a good idea: What if I just stopped talking about P = NP? Maybe some of the jealous loonies would calm down and see their wives in a different and more pleasant light if I just didn't talk about P = NP any more?
>
> I will resolve the question of "Does my P = NP algorithm work?" eventually. I will probably not announce the result of this investigation. The algorithm, if it works, will be an investing tool that I will use to make money.
>
> You might feel calmer, given that I'm still being trafficked, if I stopped updating you about that particular math result.
>
> Consider it a gesture of generosity....
>
> (I'm still doing my job search. Congressional interference should not be enough to stop it.)

When I finally submit my patent idea, I will be sure to have LaTeX'd the idea and written it up formally, as though for an academic journal publication. I am indeed capable of writing math proofs precisely; I just like guessing how things will turn out before I finish, and sometimes I publish my firm beliefs about my math results before these results are fully ready and fully checked. Indeed, I have almost no motivation to write up any results fully right now. Even my patent idea wouldn't be looked at the way it should be by others, because I am being trafficked.

devel / comp.theory / Re: P = NP...