The most important early product on the way to developing a good product is an imperfect version.

computers / comp.os.vms / A tad off-topic but not so of-topic as "The changing world"

SubjectAuthor
* A tad off-topic but not so of-topic as "The changing world"VAXman-
+* Re: A tad off-topic but not so of-topic as "The changing world"VAXman-
|`- Re: A tad off-topic but not so of-topic as "The changing world"chris
+- Re: A tad off-topic but not so of-topic as "The changing world"Dennis Boone
`* Re: A tad off-topic but not so of-topic as "The changing world"Phillip Helbig (undress to reply
 `- Re: A tad off-topic but not so of-topic as "The changing world"abrsvc

1
A tad off-topic but not so of-topic as "The changing world"

<00B775B5.D519769E@SendSpamHere.ORG>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=23551&group=comp.os.vms#23551

From: VAXm...@SendSpamHere.ORG
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Subject: A tad off-topic but not so of-topic as "The changing world"
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2022 22:14:16 GMT
 by: VAXm...@SendSpamHere.ORG - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 22:14 UTC

Has anyone here ever dealt with transferring a domain from one registrar
to another. In my case, from GoDippy to Notwork Confusions. It's madden-
ing! I've spent countless hours in support chats with ESLs from both of
these registrars and I'm getting nowhere with their excuses, delays and
promises.

The new three greatest lies list:

The cheque is in the mail.
I won't splooge in your mouth.
Your domain transfer will complete in 24 hours.

Re: A tad off-topic but not so of-topic as "The changing world"

<00B775BE.AFA891D4@SendSpamHere.ORG>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=23552&group=comp.os.vms#23552

From: VAXm...@SendSpamHere.ORG
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2022 23:17:38 GMT
 by: VAXm...@SendSpamHere.ORG - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 23:17 UTC

In article <00B775B5.D519769E@SendSpamHere.ORG>, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
>Has anyone here ever dealt with transferring a domain from one registrar
>to another. In my case, from GoDippy to Notwork Confusions. It's madden-
>ing! I've spent countless hours in support chats with ESLs from both of
>these registrars and I'm getting nowhere with their excuses, delays and
>promises.
>
>The new three greatest lies list:
>
>The cheque is in the mail.
>I won't splooge in your mouth.
>Your domain transfer will complete in 24 hours.

off not of...

Re: A tad off-topic but not so of-topic as "The changing world"

<ta7qef$a0u$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=23553&group=comp.os.vms#23553

From: chris-no...@tridac.net (chris)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 00:32:31 +0100
 by: chris - Thu, 7 Jul 2022 23:32 UTC

On 07/08/22 00:17, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
> In article<00B775B5.D519769E@SendSpamHere.ORG>, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
>> Has anyone here ever dealt with transferring a domain from one registrar
>> to another. In my case, from GoDippy to Notwork Confusions. It's madden-
>> ing! I've spent countless hours in support chats with ESLs from both of
>> these registrars and I'm getting nowhere with their excuses, delays and
>> promises.
>>
>> The new three greatest lies list:
>>
>> The cheque is in the mail.
>> I won't splooge in your mouth.
>> Your domain transfer will complete in 24 hours.
>
> off not of...

Rofl. Had to do that some years ago, from netbenefit to fasthosts, but
had no issue with it and fasthosts are pretty good and not too
expensive, even after 10 years+.

Like the list though, cheques in the post man :-). As for the second
item, You can take the man out of the music business, but far harder
to take the music business out of the man...

Chris

Re: A tad off-topic but not so of-topic as "The changing world"

<4u-dnZsWy9uw5lr_nZ2dnUU7-YHNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=23555&group=comp.os.vms#23555

Sender: Dennis Boone <drb@yagi.h-net.org>
From: drb...@ihatespam.msu.edu (Dennis Boone)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2022 19:32:45 -0500
 by: Dennis Boone - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 00:32 UTC

> Has anyone here ever dealt with transferring a domain from one registrar
> to another. In my case, from GoDippy to Notwork Confusions. It's madden-
> ing! I've spent countless hours in support chats with ESLs from both of
> these registrars and I'm getting nowhere with their excuses, delays and
> promises.

Godaddy is just incompetent all around. I fled NetSol years ago for
similar reasons; are they essential? If not, I've retreated to the
Amazon registrar, which seems to be the most straightforward of any. Of
course you still have to unlock the domain at GD, submit the transfer
request from the destination, respond to the assorted approval emails,
etc.

De

Re: A tad off-topic but not so of-topic as "The changing world"

<ta8rde$ok1$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=23558&group=comp.os.vms#23558

From: hel...@asclothestro.multivax.de (Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 08:55:11 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Phillip Helbig (undr - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 08:55 UTC

@SendSpamHere.ORG writes:

> Has anyone here ever dealt with transferring a domain from one registrar
> to another. In my case, from GoDippy to Notwork Confusions. It's madden-
> ing! I've spent countless hours in support chats with ESLs from both of
> these registrars and I'm getting nowhere with their excuses, delays and
> promises.
>
> The new three greatest lies list:
>
> The cheque is in the mail.
> I won't splooge in your mouth.
> Your domain transfer will complete in 24 hours.

Mediocre musicians know another one: "We'll fix it in the mix". That
and the first two above are also known as "the three lies of rock 'n'
roll".

Re: A tad off-topic but not so of-topic as "The changing world"

<2acee2e6-92ea-4679-b345-2ff09f6ef667n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=23559&group=comp.os.vms#23559

Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2022 04:11:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: dansabrs...@yahoo.com (abrsvc)
 by: abrsvc - Fri, 8 Jul 2022 11:11 UTC

On Friday, July 8, 2022 at 4:55:14 AM UTC-4, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
> In article <00B775B5...@SendSpamHere.ORG>, VAXman-
> @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
> > Has anyone here ever dealt with transferring a domain from one registrar
> > to another. In my case, from GoDippy to Notwork Confusions. It's madden-
> > ing! I've spent countless hours in support chats with ESLs from both of
> > these registrars and I'm getting nowhere with their excuses, delays and
> > promises.
> >
> > The new three greatest lies list:
> >
> > The cheque is in the mail.
> > I won't splooge in your mouth.
> > Your domain transfer will complete in 24 hours.
> Mediocre musicians know another one: "We'll fix it in the mix". That
> and the first two above are also known as "the three lies of rock 'n'
> roll".
Having spent many years providing a PA to bands, I can providea nother one...

Don't piss off the sound guy!!

I had one high school "lead" singer really irritate me one time. A 5ms delay in his monitor took care of that...

Dan