My apologies if I sound angry. I feel like I'm talking to a void. -- Avery Pennarun

computers / comp.mobile.android / Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?

SubjectAuthor
* Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?micky
+* Re: Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?Adrian
|`* Re: Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?micky
| `* Re: Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?Adrian
|  `- Re: Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?micky
`- Re: Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?Andy Burns

1
Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?

<ugg6nglj1j5nc09su43714eqd55o3qg5bp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=23577&group=comp.mobile.android#23577

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 19:15:25 -0400
 by: micky - Fri, 22 Oct 2021 23:15 UTC

Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?

I got a new phone and yesterday** wanted to link it to the car, which
has a normal radio but I added GT Carkit, which connects to the phone
with bluetooth for audio output to the radio and phone calls. Has an
add-on microphone. Works well.

I must have been lucky connecting the previous phone, but this time it
took several tries.

In the phone's avaiable Bluetooth signals, there were 8 of them, listed
only by series of numbers with periods, full stops, in between, like ip
numbers, or is it MAC numbers? (I looked again just now but because I'm
home with an empty house next door, I don't get any but my own car and
headphones.)

.. I still have the old phone and all the bluetooth signals I used
were listed with words, like GT Carkit, SANGEAN radio, Shareconn-K6 (an
earbud), LG-HB (the LG tv in another thread) etc. No numbers

Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers? What sort
are tehy?

Yesterday I was in a parking lot (with 5 houses within 60 meters). Were
they the sources? I haven't been back to that location with the old
phone, but I'll go if someone tells me I should.

Re: Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?

<JNkBvNSpf0chFw+S@ku.gro.lloiff>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=23579&group=comp.mobile.android#23579

From: bull...@ku.gro.lioff (Adrian)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 00:23:21 +0100
 by: Adrian - Fri, 22 Oct 2021 23:23 UTC

In message <ugg6nglj1j5nc09su43714eqd55o3qg5bp@4ax.com>, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> writes
>Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?
>
>I got a new phone and yesterday** wanted to link it to the car, which
>has a normal radio but I added GT Carkit, which connects to the phone
>with bluetooth for audio output to the radio and phone calls. Has an
>add-on microphone. Works well.
>
>I must have been lucky connecting the previous phone, but this time it
>took several tries.
>
>In the phone's avaiable Bluetooth signals, there were 8 of them, listed
>only by series of numbers with periods, full stops, in between, like ip
>numbers, or is it MAC numbers? (I looked again just now but because I'm
>home with an empty house next door, I don't get any but my own car and
>headphones.)
>
>. I still have the old phone and all the bluetooth signals I used
>were listed with words, like GT Carkit, SANGEAN radio, Shareconn-K6 (an
>earbud), LG-HB (the LG tv in another thread) etc. No numbers
>
>Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers? What sort
>are tehy?
>
>Yesterday I was in a parking lot (with 5 houses within 60 meters). Were
>they the sources? I haven't been back to that location with the old
>phone, but I'll go if someone tells me I should.

Could someone nearby be using Bluetooth Low Energy Beacons ?

Adrian
--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops

Re: Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?

<eat6ngdbj0m7k7ligbr521tjksjbmg2lsu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=23590&group=comp.mobile.android#23590

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder6.news.weretis.net!4.us.feeder.erje.net!2.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!news.uzoreto.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr1.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!peer02.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!peer03.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!feeder.cambriumusenet.nl!feed.tweaknews.nl!posting.tweaknews.nl!fx09.ams1.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 22:40:20 -0400
 by: micky - Sat, 23 Oct 2021 02:40 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sat, 23 Oct 2021 00:23:21 +0100, Adrian
<bulleid@ku.gro.lioff> wrote:

>In message <ugg6nglj1j5nc09su43714eqd55o3qg5bp@4ax.com>, micky
><NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> writes
>>Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?
>>
>>I got a new phone and yesterday** wanted to link it to the car, which
>>has a normal radio but I added GT Carkit, which connects to the phone
>>with bluetooth for audio output to the radio and phone calls. Has an
>>add-on microphone. Works well.
>>
>>I must have been lucky connecting the previous phone, but this time it
>>took several tries.
>>
>>In the phone's avaiable Bluetooth signals, there were 8 of them, listed
>>only by series of numbers with periods, full stops, in between, like ip
>>numbers, or is it MAC numbers? (I looked again just now but because I'm
>>home with an empty house next door, I don't get any but my own car and
>>headphones.)
>>
>>. I still have the old phone and all the bluetooth signals I used
>>were listed with words, like GT Carkit, SANGEAN radio, Shareconn-K6 (an
>>earbud), LG-HB (the LG tv in another thread) etc. No numbers
>>
>>Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers? What sort
>>are tehy?
>>
>>Yesterday I was in a parking lot (with 5 houses within 60 meters). Were
>>they the sources? I haven't been back to that location with the old
>>phone, but I'll go if someone tells me I should.
>
>Could someone nearby be using Bluetooth Low Energy Beacons ?
>
>Adrian

Gosh, I don't know. I never heard of them before. It's an old but
suburban n'hood. I was farther from the supermarket, maybe 150 feet,
than from the 5 homes which were left to right in front of me just past
the row of parkins spots I parked in. Other stores were even farther
than the supermarket.

Re: Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?

<ithr18FosskU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=23599&group=comp.mobile.android#23599

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 08:13:42 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Sat, 23 Oct 2021 07:13 UTC

micky wrote:

> Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?

Yes, in developer options there is a toggle to show or hide bluetooth devices
that only have MAC addr but no name.

Re: Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?

<oYeq4lBsI+chFw6Q@ku.gro.lloiff>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=23606&group=comp.mobile.android#23606

From: bull...@ku.gro.lioff (Adrian)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 11:21:32 +0100
 by: Adrian - Sat, 23 Oct 2021 10:21 UTC

In message <eat6ngdbj0m7k7ligbr521tjksjbmg2lsu@4ax.com>, micky
<NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> writes
>Gosh, I don't know. I never heard of them before. It's an old but
>suburban n'hood. I was farther from the supermarket, maybe 150 feet,
>than from the 5 homes which were left to right in front of me just past
>the row of parkins spots I parked in. Other stores were even farther
>than the supermarket.

There are many reasons why there may be some around. I was playing
around with them 3-4 years back for a home project. One was in my car,
so where ever that was, you'd pick up the beacon if you were within
range, but I don't know what the range was.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops
Every time someone says "I don't believe in trolls", another one dies.

Re: Are there bluetooth sources that have no name, only numbers?

<7vc8ngdb0d38fm2u8k7hja3jl0ef98f0u4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=23623&group=comp.mobile.android#23623

From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2021 12:12:58 -0400
 by: micky - Sat, 23 Oct 2021 16:12 UTC

In comp.mobile.android, on Sat, 23 Oct 2021 11:21:32 +0100, Adrian
<bulleid@ku.gro.lioff> wrote:

>In message <eat6ngdbj0m7k7ligbr521tjksjbmg2lsu@4ax.com>, micky
><NONONOmisc07@fmguy.com> writes
>>Gosh, I don't know. I never heard of them before. It's an old but
>>suburban n'hood. I was farther from the supermarket, maybe 150 feet,
>>than from the 5 homes which were left to right in front of me just past
>>the row of parkins spots I parked in. Other stores were even farther
>>than the supermarket.
>
>There are many reasons why there may be some around. I was playing
>around with them 3-4 years back for a home project. One was in my car,
>so where ever that was, you'd pick up the beacon if you were within
>range, but I don't know what the range was.
>
>Adrian

I got the car and phone paired after all, but when I'm near that
location, I'll stop and see if those 8 bluetooths are still there.

I don't remember it being so difficult to pair the previous phone with
the car, but this time it seemed to be that i could only do this when I
pressed DISK which is what electrically connected the bluetooth add-on
to the radio. Because the add-on connects where a CD changer was meant
to connect. Makes sense. I had just been turning on the radio and
expecting it to be able to pair.