Logic is the chastity belt of the mind!

devel / comp.theory / Re: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"

SubjectAuthor
* "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"DV
`* "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"wij
 `* "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"DV
  `* "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"wij
   `* "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"DV
    `* "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"wij
     `* "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"DV
      `* "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"wij
       `* "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"DV
        `* "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"wij
         `* "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"DV
          `* "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"wij
           `* "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"DV
            `* "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"wij
             `- "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"wij

1
"Can you just accept that you have to do it?"

<ddf1f78d-7b15-494a-88aa-5d533f818204n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23591&group=comp.theory#23591

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 06:20:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 14:20 UTC

It's a totally awesome phrase that might very well irritate you.

It will bother you because you've been consumed by prejudice, hate, and laziness. It will bother you because I can do it and you likely will be unable to for years. You might never accept it, and when it ruins you, you will scream in a sense if you see it. It's related to the fact that you are babies in so many ways.

You might understand the set of people to whom I am talking to in this post even better than I do.

Conscientiousness wins.

Re: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"

<4ba2cc5d-13b1-4bc6-9d16-ad7bc671cf6fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23592&group=comp.theory#23592

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 06:49:42 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 14:49 UTC

On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 22:20:14 UTC+8, DV wrote:
> It's a totally awesome phrase that might very well irritate you.
>
> It will bother you because you've been consumed by prejudice, hate, and laziness. It will bother you because I can do it and you likely will be unable to for years. You might never accept it, and when it ruins you, you will scream in a sense if you see it. It's related to the fact that you are babies in so many ways.
>
> You might understand the set of people to whom I am talking to in this post even better than I do.
>
> Conscientiousness wins.

I turned down a job again. I apply a programmer job, the manager essentially
want me to be in charge of the whole R&D department. Yes, this is the 3rd times.
I don't think I have to accept it because I still can.

Re: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"

<21d78baa-84a7-4c51-82c6-13b9eff7b13dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23594&group=comp.theory#23594

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 07:19:42 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 15:19 UTC

On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 9:49:44 AM UTC-5, wij wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 22:20:14 UTC+8, DV wrote:
> > It's a totally awesome phrase that might very well irritate you.
> >
> > It will bother you because you've been consumed by prejudice, hate, and laziness. It will bother you because I can do it and you likely will be unable to for years. You might never accept it, and when it ruins you, you will scream in a sense if you see it. It's related to the fact that you are babies in so many ways.
> >
> > You might understand the set of people to whom I am talking to in this post even better than I do.
> >
> > Conscientiousness wins.
> I turned down a job again. I apply a programmer job, the manager essentially
> want me to be in charge of the whole R&D department. Yes, this is the 3rd times.
> I don't think I have to accept it because I still can.

I didn't like your interaction with me in which you implied that I might be a "nut," so I generally plan to avoid interacting with you on this forum.

That said, I wasn't really thinking of you or referring to you. I was referring mainly to people who have particular kinds of jobs, including in politics and customer service, who are wildly opposed to doing their jobs in service to mentally ill people or other minority groups, including religious/LGBTQ/ethnic/etc. .

A person who will not do a job that they have signed up to do properly and in accordance with standard US levels of basic professionalism should lose that job. It doesn't matter who the US President is, these people must comply with laws and do the assigned work and do it properly. There are no good excuses.

Re: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"

<3bab84ff-7a3d-4d07-9234-cbfdd6da79adn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23596&group=comp.theory#23596

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 07:37:33 -0800 (PST)
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 15:37 UTC

On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 23:19:43 UTC+8, DV wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 9:49:44 AM UTC-5, wij wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 22:20:14 UTC+8, DV wrote:
> > > It's a totally awesome phrase that might very well irritate you.
> > >
> > > It will bother you because you've been consumed by prejudice, hate, and laziness. It will bother you because I can do it and you likely will be unable to for years. You might never accept it, and when it ruins you, you will scream in a sense if you see it. It's related to the fact that you are babies in so many ways.
> > >
> > > You might understand the set of people to whom I am talking to in this post even better than I do.
> > >
> > > Conscientiousness wins.
> > I turned down a job again. I apply a programmer job, the manager essentially
> > want me to be in charge of the whole R&D department. Yes, this is the 3rd times.
> > I don't think I have to accept it because I still can.
> I didn't like your interaction with me in which you implied that I might be a "nut," so I generally plan to avoid interacting with you on this forum..
>
> That said, I wasn't really thinking of you or referring to you. I was referring mainly to people who have particular kinds of jobs, including in politics and customer service, who are wildly opposed to doing their jobs in service to mentally ill people or other minority groups, including religious/LGBTQ/ethnic/etc. .
>
> A person who will not do a job that they have signed up to do properly and in accordance with standard US levels of basic professionalism should lose that job. It doesn't matter who the US President is, these people must comply with laws and do the assigned work and do it properly. There are no good excuses.

Sorry about that. It is because I don't care sometimes people see me and treat
me as idiot. I subconciously assumed you were the same.
I just curious that your job seeking experience is almost opposite
to mine. But, the same thing is I am jobless as well.

Re: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"

<04696696-5155-4775-80f5-6fb73204f352n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23597&group=comp.theory#23597

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 08:13:41 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 16:13 UTC

On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 10:37:35 AM UTC-5, wij wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 November 2021 at 23:19:43 UTC+8, DV wrote:

> > > I turned down a job again. I apply a programmer job, the manager essentially
> > > want me to be in charge of the whole R&D department. Yes, this is the 3rd times.
> > > I don't think I have to accept it because I still can.
> > I didn't like your interaction with me in which you implied that I might be a "nut," so I generally plan to avoid interacting with you on this forum.
> >
> > That said, I wasn't really thinking of you or referring to you. I was referring mainly to people who have particular kinds of jobs, including in politics and customer service, who are wildly opposed to doing their jobs in service to mentally ill people or other minority groups, including religious/LGBTQ/ethnic/etc. .
> >
> > A person who will not do a job that they have signed up to do properly and in accordance with standard US levels of basic professionalism should lose that job. It doesn't matter who the US President is, these people must comply with laws and do the assigned work and do it properly. There are no good excuses.
> Sorry about that. It is because I don't care sometimes people see me and treat
> me as idiot. I subconciously assumed you were the same.
> I just curious that your job seeking experience is almost opposite
> to mine. But, the same thing is I am jobless as well.

It is nice of your to apologize--that is refreshing, no one apologizes for offending me any more these days...at least non-temporarily. I suppose it would be okay to interact with you on Google groups again.

I'm not sure that I saw you as an idiot...I remember that you said something pro-Trump that makes me think that you see the world differently from how I do, which is fine. You might be very smart, I don't know. One thing I learned recently is that many people who are very kind and virtuous are dumb in certain ways, and I don't mind that, while many people who are very intelligent and talented in certain ways are extremely evil and sadistic--bad people. My point is that I don't usually judge people based on intellect, so much as virtue...I don't care if people are dumb, it's like being bad at backgammon other than the fact that it might make you less able to make money, contribute to society, and get your way more. Being predatory is much much worse than being untalented, according to me.

How did your job seeking experience go?

My assumption, which may be incorrect, is that a lot of people read my internet posts. I have posted very excellent math/CS ideas on the internet for free, including a proof of the Hodge Conjecture (assuming I got the statement of the conjecture right) and a great idea, yesterday, about file compression. I'm a competent programmer, and yet I've gotten no interest in programming job offers.

Maybe I've over-estimated what sort of attention I'm getting; almost no one talks to me so it is hard to be sure. Most of my very intelligent and useful claims are met with firm denials from well-credentialed con artist jackal-trolls; perhaps some programmer HR types are confused about what education says about credibility (I assert: it's often linked to "capability to tell the truth about math/CS," not intent).

What sort of job are you looking for? I might be able to share some good advice...I do have good skill at programming and business/economics, it is just that I seem to be very despised by some politically well-connected political morons who have "human/corporate tentacles" that they see as dispensable and don't understand what they're doing to themselves, their careers, and perhaps even their families' reputations, based on an incessant addiction to persecuting me for sport.

Re: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"

<ec3a3970-6d63-4d87-bec2-daea22d04dc9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23604&group=comp.theory#23604

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 09:07:15 -0800 (PST)
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 17:07 UTC

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 00:13:42 UTC+8, DV wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 10:37:35 AM UTC-5, wij wrote:

> > > I didn't like your interaction with me in which you implied that I might be a "nut," so I generally plan to avoid interacting with you on this forum.
> > >
> > > That said, I wasn't really thinking of you or referring to you. I was referring mainly to people who have particular kinds of jobs, including in politics and customer service, who are wildly opposed to doing their jobs in service to mentally ill people or other minority groups, including religious/LGBTQ/ethnic/etc. .
> > >
> > > A person who will not do a job that they have signed up to do properly and in accordance with standard US levels of basic professionalism should lose that job. It doesn't matter who the US President is, these people must comply with laws and do the assigned work and do it properly. There are no good excuses.
> > Sorry about that. It is because I don't care sometimes people see me and treat
> > me as idiot. I subconciously assumed you were the same.
> > I just curious that your job seeking experience is almost opposite
> > to mine. But, the same thing is I am jobless as well.
> It is nice of your to apologize--that is refreshing, no one apologizes for offending me any more these days...at least non-temporarily. I suppose it would be okay to interact with you on Google groups again.

I am glad no scar in your heart.

> I'm not sure that I saw you as an idiot...I remember that you said something pro-Trump that makes me think that you see the world differently from how I do, which is fine. You might be very smart, I don't know. One thing I learned recently is that many people who are very kind and virtuous are dumb in certain ways, and I don't mind that, while many people who are very intelligent and talented in certain ways are extremely evil and sadistic--bad people. My point is that I don't usually judge people based on intellect, so much as virtue...I don't care if people are dumb, it's like being bad at backgammon other than the fact that it might make you less able to make money, contribute to society, and get your way more. Being predatory is much much worse than being untalented, according to me.

I don't like Trump, but that is no business of mine.
I think mostly because we are 10000 mile apart, we live in different cultures.
Actually, I am very different (inside) from people around me.
People like to think they are smart and superior. That is fine.
But, by treating others exactly as a dumb or inferior, or acquire dignity
by humiliation is very bad.

> How did your job seeking experience go?

I am male. I am considering some job that can make me more stronger, powerful,
healthier.

> My assumption, which may be incorrect, is that a lot of people read my internet posts. I have posted very excellent math/CS ideas on the internet for free, including a proof of the Hodge Conjecture (assuming I got the statement of the conjecture right) and a great idea, yesterday, about file compression. I'm a competent programmer, and yet I've gotten no interest in programming job offers.

I had impression of your proof. It did look like out of professions, but I am
not good in topology.

> Maybe I've over-estimated what sort of attention I'm getting; almost no one talks to me so it is hard to be sure. Most of my very intelligent and useful claims are met with firm denials from well-credentialed con artist jackal-trolls; perhaps some programmer HR types are confused about what education says about credibility (I assert: it's often linked to "capability to tell the truth about math/CS," not intent).

Sorry, my local time is late. your English is too good to me. I can't digest them all, and in time.

> What sort of job are you looking for? I might be able to share some good advice...I do have good skill at programming and business/economics, it is just that I seem to be very despised by some politically well-connected political morons who have "human/corporate tentacles" that they see as dispensable and don't understand what they're doing to themselves, their careers, and perhaps even their families' reputations, based on an incessant addiction to persecuting me for sport.

Re: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"

<b812c40f-dcc7-41c7-bd4f-90ebde5387ffn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23605&group=comp.theory#23605

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 09:18:49 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Wed, 17 Nov 2021 17:18 UTC

On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 12:07:17 PM UTC-5, wij wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 00:13:42 UTC+8, DV wrote:

> > > Sorry about that. It is because I don't care sometimes people see me and treat
> > > me as idiot. I subconciously assumed you were the same.
> > > I just curious that your job seeking experience is almost opposite
> > > to mine. But, the same thing is I am jobless as well.
> > It is nice of your to apologize--that is refreshing, no one apologizes for offending me any more these days...at least non-temporarily. I suppose it would be okay to interact with you on Google groups again.
> >
> I am glad no scar in your heart.
> > I'm not sure that I saw you as an idiot...I remember that you said something pro-Trump that makes me think that you see the world differently from how I do, which is fine. You might be very smart, I don't know. One thing I learned recently is that many people who are very kind and virtuous are dumb in certain ways, and I don't mind that, while many people who are very intelligent and talented in certain ways are extremely evil and sadistic--bad people. My point is that I don't usually judge people based on intellect, so much as virtue...I don't care if people are dumb, it's like being bad at backgammon other than the fact that it might make you less able to make money, contribute to society, and get your way more. Being predatory is much much worse than being untalented, according to me.
> >
> I don't like Trump, but that is no business of mine.
> I think mostly because we are 10000 mile apart, we live in different cultures.

What country are you from?

> Actually, I am very different (inside) from people around me.
> People like to think they are smart and superior. That is fine.
> But, by treating others exactly as a dumb or inferior, or acquire dignity
> by humiliation is very bad.

I disagree.

> > How did your job seeking experience go?
> >
> I am male. I am considering some job that can make me more stronger, powerful,
> healthier.

Can you be more specific? Are you interested in computer programming?

> > My assumption, which may be incorrect, is that a lot of people read my internet posts. I have posted very excellent math/CS ideas on the internet for free, including a proof of the Hodge Conjecture (assuming I got the statement of the conjecture right) and a great idea, yesterday, about file compression. I'm a competent programmer, and yet I've gotten no interest in programming job offers.
> >
> I had impression of your proof. It did look like out of professions, but I am
> not good in topology.

The proof was right; I am good at topology, I checked it myself.

> > Maybe I've over-estimated what sort of attention I'm getting; almost no one talks to me so it is hard to be sure. Most of my very intelligent and useful claims are met with firm denials from well-credentialed con artist jackal-trolls; perhaps some programmer HR types are confused about what education says about credibility (I assert: it's often linked to "capability to tell the truth about math/CS," not intent).
> >
> Sorry, my local time is late. your English is too good to me. I can't digest them all, and in time.

That's fine. The word/phrase choice in your sentence sounds a little bit suspicious to me, so I am being kind and notifying you about that. You are not bothering me though.

> > What sort of job are you looking for? I might be able to share some good advice...I do have good skill at programming and business/economics, it is just that I seem to be very despised by some politically well-connected political morons who have "human/corporate tentacles" that they see as dispensable and don't understand what they're doing to themselves, their careers, and perhaps even their families' reputations, based on an incessant addiction to persecuting me for sport.

Re: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"

<a9df38db-0e4e-49e1-8bf3-61475fa7b4a2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23611&group=comp.theory#23611

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 16:57:25 -0800 (PST)
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 00:57 UTC

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 01:18:51 UTC+8, DV wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 12:07:17 PM UTC-5, wij wrote:

> > > It is nice of your to apologize--that is refreshing, no one apologizes for offending me any more these days...at least non-temporarily. I suppose it would be okay to interact with you on Google groups again.
> > >
> > I am glad no scar in your heart.
> > > I'm not sure that I saw you as an idiot...I remember that you said something pro-Trump that makes me think that you see the world differently from how I do, which is fine. You might be very smart, I don't know. One thing I learned recently is that many people who are very kind and virtuous are dumb in certain ways, and I don't mind that, while many people who are very intelligent and talented in certain ways are extremely evil and sadistic--bad people. My point is that I don't usually judge people based on intellect, so much as virtue...I don't care if people are dumb, it's like being bad at backgammon other than the fact that it might make you less able to make money, contribute to society, and get your way more. Being predatory is much much worse than being untalented, according to me.
> > >
> > I don't like Trump, but that is no business of mine.
> > I think mostly because we are 10000 mile apart, we live in different cultures.
> What country are you from?

Republic of China (Taiwan)

> > Actually, I am very different (inside) from people around me.
> > People like to think they are smart and superior. That is fine.
> > But, by treating others exactly as a dumb or inferior, or acquire dignity
> > by humiliation is very bad.
> I disagree.

Your opinion?

> > > How did your job seeking experience go?
> > >
> > I am male. I am considering some job that can make me more stronger, powerful,
> > healthier.
> Can you be more specific? Are you interested in computer programming?

Yes, I am interested in programming. But that doesn't mean I had to get a programming
job (although most of my job are about programming). Because I can actually do lots
more. E.g. I can do wood/metal works, electrical circuit design, (not to say firmware), probably
chemistry, painting, labor/cleaning works...
If more specific: I think I am one of the inventors of the "4-propeller hellicopter"
(it is now called UAV), I was a military UAV pilot, too (trained in Northrop,
the division manager gave me a commemorating plate because I solved a puzzle of theirs
which made them embarrassing of their expertise)...

> > > My assumption, which may be incorrect, is that a lot of people read my internet posts. I have posted very excellent math/CS ideas on the internet for free, including a proof of the Hodge Conjecture (assuming I got the statement of the conjecture right) and a great idea, yesterday, about file compression. I'm a competent programmer, and yet I've gotten no interest in programming job offers.
> > >
> > I had impression of your proof. It did look like out of professions, but I am
> > not good in topology.
> The proof was right; I am good at topology, I checked it myself.

I did not really look into it. "right or not" need be verified by peers.

> > > Maybe I've over-estimated what sort of attention I'm getting; almost no one talks to me so it is hard to be sure. Most of my very intelligent and useful claims are met with firm denials from well-credentialed con artist jackal-trolls; perhaps some programmer HR types are confused about what education says about credibility (I assert: it's often linked to "capability to tell the truth about math/CS," not intent).
> > >
> > Sorry, my local time is late. your English is too good to me. I can't digest them all, and in time.
> That's fine. The word/phrase choice in your sentence sounds a little bit suspicious to me, so I am being kind and notifying you about that. You are not bothering me though.
> > > What sort of job are you looking for? I might be able to share some good advice...I do have good skill at programming and business/economics, it is just that I seem to be very despised by some politically well-connected political morons who have "human/corporate tentacles" that they see as dispensable and don't understand what they're doing to themselves, their careers, and perhaps even their families' reputations, based on an incessant addiction to persecuting me for sport.

Re: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"

<b39eef05-fa5d-4a1f-bb24-85cb0545578fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23615&group=comp.theory#23615

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 17:14:42 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 01:14 UTC

On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 7:57:27 PM UTC-5, wij wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 01:18:51 UTC+8, DV wrote:

> > > I am glad no scar in your heart.
> > > >
> > > I don't like Trump, but that is no business of mine.
> > > I think mostly because we are 10000 mile apart, we live in different cultures.
> > What country are you from?
> Republic of China (Taiwan)

If that is true, that is quite bold of you to post on the internet. I don't know much about China, but I understand that censorship and government scrutiny of communications is quite different from how that works in the US.

Even if you're merely "in character" as someone who you are not, I don't mind conversing with you a little bit as long as you are not extremely insensitive--e.g., as I mentioned, I have a mental health disability.

Please don't ask me too much about DOD, though--I used to work in government and don't want to be seen as having extensive DOD-related interactions with foreigners on the internet, although of course my posts can be monitored and scrutinized, including by DOD employees who are more ethical than some contractors I've worked with in the past.

Do you care to discuss how you feel about China and the PLA? What about the USA? (You really don't have to answer these questions if answering them would be inconvenient.)

> > > Actually, I am very different (inside) from people around me.
> > > People like to think they are smart and superior. That is fine.
> > > But, by treating others exactly as a dumb or inferior, or acquire dignity
> > > by humiliation is very bad.
> > I disagree.
> Your opinion?

I think it is fine to humiliate people who have acted out in certain ways. Of course, legitimate efforts to educate and/or reason with those who are serious about being good citizens or human beings or whatever. I think that people who violate US law in the USA and can't be prosecuted due to DOJ/Congressional corruption are legitimate public discussion and criticism targets, as long as critics follow US law. No one should lie about others in public, and attacking people for no good reason and/or for sport is absurd....but sometimes, criticism, including vicious/humiliating criticism, is the only way to fight.

That said, I think it would be pleasant for me personally to be able to stop criticizing others and just say pleasant things, at least for the most part.

> > > I am male. I am considering some job that can make me more stronger, powerful,
> > > healthier.
> > Can you be more specific? Are you interested in computer programming?
> Yes, I am interested in programming. But that doesn't mean I had to get a programming
> job (although most of my job are about programming). Because I can actually do lots
> more. E.g. I can do wood/metal works, electrical circuit design, (not to say firmware), probably
> chemistry, painting, labor/cleaning works...
> If more specific: I think I am one of the inventors of the "4-propeller hellicopter"
> (it is now called UAV), I was a military UAV pilot, too (trained in Northrop,
> the division manager gave me a commemorating plate because I solved a puzzle of theirs
> which made them embarrassing of their expertise)...

That is neat. Of the subjects you mentioned, I am at least somewhat familiar with: computer programming, circuits, and chemistry. (I've done a little cleaning...bleach's superior effectiveness over water alone was a big discovery for me! Many movie quotes seemed oddly more relevant to me the first time I bleached a moldy shower in my old apartment. I really haven't worked that hard at cleaning though.)

> > > I had impression of your proof. It did look like out of professions, but I am
> > > not good in topology.
> > The proof was right; I am good at topology, I checked it myself.
> I did not really look into it. "right or not" need be verified by peers.
> > > >
> > > Sorry, my local time is late. your English is too good to me. I can't digest them all, and in time.
> > That's fine. The word/phrase choice in your sentence sounds a little bit suspicious to me, so I am being kind and notifying you about that. You are not bothering me though.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"

<763ff172-5184-498e-a301-1369c598b76fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23624&group=comp.theory#23624

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 18:36:05 -0800 (PST)
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 02:36 UTC

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 09:14:44 UTC+8, DV wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 7:57:27 PM UTC-5, wij wrote:

> > > What country are you from?
> > Republic of China (Taiwan)
> If that is true, that is quite bold of you to post on the internet. I don't know much about China, but I understand that censorship and government scrutiny of communications is quite different from how that works in the US.

Well, I can prove to you: I can say loudly that President Tsai, Chairman Xi are both
pigs. But not appropriate for me to say other country's.
My experience in US is that US in several ways was not really 'free' and equal
as in mainland China or Taiwan, just different kind of freedom.

> Even if you're merely "in character" as someone who you are not, I don't mind conversing with you a little bit as long as you are not extremely insensitive--e.g., as I mentioned, I have a mental health disability.

If you want to poke into my mind, 'secret agent' of my country already tried
that long ago, it would make your/their heads twice as big, you could say this is a
warning.

I can detect nothing 'mentally disabled'.

> Please don't ask me too much about DOD, though--I used to work in government and don't want to be seen as having extensive DOD-related interactions with foreigners on the internet, although of course my posts can be monitored and scrutinized, including by DOD employees who are more ethical than some contractors I've worked with in the past.

Be easy with that. They would suffer the sick, too (if you were).

> Do you care to discuss how you feel about China and the PLA? What about the USA? (You really don't have to answer these questions if answering them would be inconvenient.)

I don't know about PLA. What are you interested?

> > > I disagree.
> > Your opinion?
> I think it is fine to humiliate people who have acted out in certain ways.. Of course, legitimate efforts to educate and/or reason with those who are serious about being good citizens or human beings or whatever. I think that people who violate US law in the USA and can't be prosecuted due to DOJ/Congressional corruption are legitimate public discussion and criticism targets, as long as critics follow US law. No one should lie about others in public, and attacking people for no good reason and/or for sport is absurd...but sometimes, criticism, including vicious/humiliating criticism, is the only way to fight.
>
> That said, I think it would be pleasant for me personally to be able to stop criticizing others and just say pleasant things, at least for the most part.

> > > Can you be more specific? Are you interested in computer programming?
> > Yes, I am interested in programming. But that doesn't mean I had to get a programming
> > job (although most of my job are about programming). Because I can actually do lots
> > more. E.g. I can do wood/metal works, electrical circuit design, (not to say firmware), probably
> > chemistry, painting, labor/cleaning works...
> > If more specific: I think I am one of the inventors of the "4-propeller hellicopter"
> > (it is now called UAV), I was a military UAV pilot, too (trained in Northrop,
> > the division manager gave me a commemorating plate because I solved a puzzle of theirs
> > which made them embarrassing of their expertise)...
> That is neat. Of the subjects you mentioned, I am at least somewhat familiar with: computer programming, circuits, and chemistry. (I've done a little cleaning...bleach's superior effectiveness over water alone was a big discovery for me! Many movie quotes seemed oddly more relevant to me the first time I bleached a moldy shower in my old apartment. I really haven't worked that hard at cleaning though.)

Cleaning things (surface processing) playing chemical knowledge in mind is fun.
Probably sometimes in the future we can exchange experiences. E.g. I had
succeeded using dye to make IR filters, and use it to 'look into' girls underware.
But unfortunately, the first victim was an old lady!

> > > The proof was right; I am good at topology, I checked it myself.
> > I did not really look into it. "right or not" need be verified by peers..

> > > That's fine. The word/phrase choice in your sentence sounds a little bit suspicious to me, so I am being kind and notifying you about that. You are not bothering me though.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"

<b9cf7576-1356-4eef-8fab-629a8b34219an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23629&group=comp.theory#23629

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 19:32:34 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 03:32 UTC

On Wednesday, November 17, 2021 at 9:36:07 PM UTC-5, wij wrote:
> [...]
> > > which made them embarrassing of their expertise)...
> > That is neat. Of the subjects you mentioned, I am at least somewhat familiar with: computer programming, circuits, and chemistry. (I've done a little cleaning...bleach's superior effectiveness over water alone was a big discovery for me! Many movie quotes seemed oddly more relevant to me the first time I bleached a moldy shower in my old apartment. I really haven't worked that hard at cleaning though.)
> Cleaning things (surface processing) playing chemical knowledge in mind is fun.
> Probably sometimes in the future we can exchange experiences. E.g. I had
> succeeded using dye to make IR filters, and use it to 'look into' girls underware.
> But unfortunately, the first victim was an old lady!

Click here to read the complete article
Re: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"

<419bb46d-c994-494b-9c4e-bbbd1558b49cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23635&group=comp.theory#23635

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 01:24:05 -0800 (PST)
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 09:24 UTC

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 11:32:35 UTC+8, DV wrote:
> [...]
>
> I would prefer that you once again not interact with me again on the internet, unless you are going to apologize for advocating for assaulting womens' rights and safety as a lower bound.
>
> -Philip

Click here to read the complete article
Re: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"

<0f8bd2ba-2705-40b5-b324-344d3001c08fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23639&group=comp.theory#23639

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 05:06:41 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 13:06 UTC

On Thursday, November 18, 2021 at 4:24:07 AM UTC-5, wij wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 11:32:35 UTC+8, DV wrote:

> > > Well, I can prove to you: I can say loudly that President Tsai, Chairman Xi are both
> > > pigs. But not appropriate for me to say other country's.
> > > My experience in US is that US in several ways was not really 'free' and equal
> > > as in mainland China or Taiwan, just different kind of freedom.
> > > >
> > > If you want to poke into my mind, 'secret agent' of my country already tried
> > > that long ago, it would make your/their heads twice as big, you could say this is a
> > > warning.
> > >
> > > I can detect nothing 'mentally disabled'.
> > > >
> > > Be easy with that. They would suffer the sick, too (if you were).
> > > I don't know about PLA. What are you interested?

> > > Cleaning things (surface processing) playing chemical knowledge in mind is fun.
> > > Probably sometimes in the future we can exchange experiences. E.g. I had
> > > succeeded using dye to make IR filters, and use it to 'look into' girls underware.
> > > But unfortunately, the first victim was an old lady!
> > OK well it sounds like you have just pivoted back to being extremely inappropriate and perhaps even illegal, under US law (aiding and abetting US federal stalking is illegal, as is aiding and abetting the aiding and abetting of US federal stalking, I'm pretty sure). You should not victimize women or share strategies for doing so on the internet. I don't get what your angle is but it sounds like "whatever you're doing [and/or trying to do] you shouldn't be doing it," as I once heard it said.
> >
> > I won't report you to the FBI over this...maybe you're kidding, and I feel certain that whatever country you are from, your posts and mine are being carefully read by the FBI anyway. I would imagine you can be identified. If you are trying to come clean about some sort of illegal activity from the past, this might be a good place to do it. If you have a guilty conscience, which I do not, and you want to share information with the FBI in exchange for gentler treatment from the law and its supporters, I recommend leaving a tip at fbi.gov , even if you don't ever receive a reply.
> >
> > I would prefer that you once again not interact with me again on the internet, unless you are going to apologize for advocating for assaulting womens' rights and safety as a lower bound.
> >
> > -Philip

> I can apologize to you.
> But, are you aware that you use this public place as your personal toilet?
> I have no problem of that, maybe I am wrong, just politely questioning.

Click here to read the complete article
Re: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"

<3973e1ee-43b2-423d-904d-6a129205c978n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23640&group=comp.theory#23640

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 06:14:33 -0800 (PST)
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Thu, 18 Nov 2021 14:14 UTC

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 21:06:42 UTC+8, DV wrote:
> > I can apologize to you.
> > But, are you aware that you use this public place as your personal toilet?
> > I have no problem of that, maybe I am wrong, just politely questioning.
> I speak on the internet and, in contrast to you (and others), say nothing offensive/inappropriate. Your metaphor is crass and incorrect.

Nop, I mean no offense. Actually, I personally quite enjoy your 'diary',
which is like reading poem with unspeakable rhythm that can resonate something
inside.
Strangely, I don't usually enjoy poem, not to say in English.

Re: "Can you just accept that you have to do it?"

<70021df4-aec2-4286-91fe-ef01963c5e4cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23669&group=comp.theory#23669

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2021 20:49:31 -0800 (PST)
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 04:49 UTC

On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 22:14:35 UTC+8, wij wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 21:06:42 UTC+8, DV wrote:
> > > I can apologize to you.
> > > But, are you aware that you use this public place as your personal toilet?
> > > I have no problem of that, maybe I am wrong, just politely questioning.
> > I speak on the internet and, in contrast to you (and others), say nothing offensive/inappropriate. Your metaphor is crass and incorrect.
> Nop, I mean no offense. Actually, I personally quite enjoy your 'diary',
> which is like reading poem with unspeakable rhythm that can resonate something
> inside.
> Strangely, I don't usually enjoy poem, not to say in English.

I was trying to protect you, maybe I was wrong, somewhere.