There are bugs and then there are bugs. And then there are bugs. -- Karl Lehenbauer

devel / comp.theory / Re: Important cryptology update: I spotted the trap.

SubjectAuthor
* Important cryptology update: I spotted the trap.DV
`* Important cryptology update: I spotted the trap.DV
 `* Important cryptology update: I spotted the trap.DV
  +* Important cryptology update: I spotted the trap.wij
  |`* Important cryptology update: I spotted the trap.DV
  | `- Important cryptology update: I spotted the trap.wij
  `- Important cryptology update: I spotted the trap.DV

1
Important cryptology update: I spotted the trap.

<64d5010c-46e1-4b6c-9f07-766c7f50549dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23692&group=comp.theory#23692

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 12:15:34 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Important cryptology update: I spotted the trap.
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 20:15 UTC

I won't be publishing or sharing my cryptanalysis algorithms for FACTOR/DLP at all, because I realized that would put me at a competitive disadvantage in terms of some activities I want to pursue. (It has to do with other applications of the algorithms that solve these problems.)

I will very likely not ever publish my AES algorithm either, since that could give clues as to how I approach cryptanalytic tasks.

I will probably publish a factored RSA number to the internet eventually. I would be happy to sell my new cryptosystem idea, but again, I will very likely not ever share any ideas about cryptanalysis algorithms, due to their applicability.

Re: Important cryptology update: I spotted the trap.

<c44ccb8d-1ac4-4351-8fd5-9baad1e89b18n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23693&group=comp.theory#23693

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 12:24:14 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 20:24 UTC

On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 3:15:36 PM UTC-5, DV wrote:
> I won't be publishing or sharing my cryptanalysis algorithms for FACTOR/DLP at all, because I realized that would put me at a competitive disadvantage in terms of some activities I want to pursue. (It has to do with other applications of the algorithms that solve these problems.)
>
> I will very likely not ever publish my AES algorithm either, since that could give clues as to how I approach cryptanalytic tasks.
>
> I will probably publish a factored RSA number to the internet eventually. I would be happy to sell my new cryptosystem idea, but again, I will very likely not ever share any ideas about cryptanalysis algorithms, due to their applicability.

I will probably not build the website for compression, since if the site were hacked, I could lose my technologies.

Anyway...I will say, "OK academic CS types, I didn't come very close to falling into the trap. Your trap was legal to set up, I acknowledge it. Let us see if you will fall into my trap. My trap, based on something I know that you are much less likely to figure out for yourselves that what I figured out that you likely knew, is legal too."

I predict that they will fall into the trap. What is the trap? I will not tell you.

It won't really kill anyone though if one or more people fall into it.

Re: Important cryptology update: I spotted the trap.

<be636c05-a8c2-4b1b-b5c7-ac9187889e76n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23697&group=comp.theory#23697

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 14:42:04 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Fri, 19 Nov 2021 22:42 UTC

On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 3:24:16 PM UTC-5, DV wrote:
> On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 3:15:36 PM UTC-5, DV wrote:
> > I won't be publishing or sharing my cryptanalysis algorithms for FACTOR/DLP at all, because I realized that would put me at a competitive disadvantage in terms of some activities I want to pursue. (It has to do with other applications of the algorithms that solve these problems.)
> >
> > I will very likely not ever publish my AES algorithm either, since that could give clues as to how I approach cryptanalytic tasks.
> >
> > I will probably publish a factored RSA number to the internet eventually. I would be happy to sell my new cryptosystem idea, but again, I will very likely not ever share any ideas about cryptanalysis algorithms, due to their applicability.
> I will probably not build the website for compression, since if the site were hacked, I could lose my technologies.
>
> Anyway...I will say, "OK academic CS types, I didn't come very close to falling into the trap. Your trap was legal to set up, I acknowledge it. Let us see if you will fall into my trap. My trap, based on something I know that you are much less likely to figure out for yourselves that what I figured out that you likely knew, is legal too."
>
> I predict that they will fall into the trap. What is the trap? I will not tell you.
>
> It won't really kill anyone though if one or more people fall into it.

Update: I take it back. (There is a trap for you, but I don't mean that is about that.)

The update is that I will still build the website that uses the algorithm; I realized that the application of my algorithmic ideas doesn't actually work in the way that I thought it did. I posted an update immediately because I didn't want to be in a situation where I knew that the algorithms weren't going to be ones I would publish and didn't immediately retract the offer.

So I will publish the website that will use the algorithms after all, and I will be willing to sell the AES/FACTOR/DLP algorithms as part of the cryptosystem package that I would sell as IP to a firm.

My job that I emailed about is not in programming, but I will pursue it and other job offers as much as I can.

I am still open to job offers, particularly in programming. The website might be up within a week, but not definitely.

Re: Important cryptology update: I spotted the trap.

<50d52596-4406-459a-bc3a-c62d9bd4d038n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23707&group=comp.theory#23707

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 18:08:49 -0800 (PST)
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 02:08 UTC

On Saturday, 20 November 2021 at 06:42:05 UTC+8, DV wrote:
> On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 3:24:16 PM UTC-5, DV wrote:
> > On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 3:15:36 PM UTC-5, DV wrote:
> > > I won't be publishing or sharing my cryptanalysis algorithms for FACTOR/DLP at all, because I realized that would put me at a competitive disadvantage in terms of some activities I want to pursue. (It has to do with other applications of the algorithms that solve these problems.)
> > >
> > > I will very likely not ever publish my AES algorithm either, since that could give clues as to how I approach cryptanalytic tasks.
> > >
> > > I will probably publish a factored RSA number to the internet eventually. I would be happy to sell my new cryptosystem idea, but again, I will very likely not ever share any ideas about cryptanalysis algorithms, due to their applicability.
> > I will probably not build the website for compression, since if the site were hacked, I could lose my technologies.
> >
> > Anyway...I will say, "OK academic CS types, I didn't come very close to falling into the trap. Your trap was legal to set up, I acknowledge it. Let us see if you will fall into my trap. My trap, based on something I know that you are much less likely to figure out for yourselves that what I figured out that you likely knew, is legal too."
> >
> > I predict that they will fall into the trap. What is the trap? I will not tell you.
> >
> > It won't really kill anyone though if one or more people fall into it.
> Update: I take it back. (There is a trap for you, but I don't mean that is about that.)
>
> The update is that I will still build the website that uses the algorithm; I realized that the application of my algorithmic ideas doesn't actually work in the way that I thought it did. I posted an update immediately because I didn't want to be in a situation where I knew that the algorithms weren't going to be ones I would publish and didn't immediately retract the offer.
>
> So I will publish the website that will use the algorithms after all, and I will be willing to sell the AES/FACTOR/DLP algorithms as part of the cryptosystem package that I would sell as IP to a firm.
>
> My job that I emailed about is not in programming, but I will pursue it and other job offers as much as I can.
>
> I am still open to job offers, particularly in programming. The website might be up within a week, but not definitely.

How are you today?

Re: Important cryptology update: I spotted the trap.

<a969c4a7-67a2-4c95-bf36-2914ac536bd7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23714&group=comp.theory#23714

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 19:19:33 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 03:19 UTC

On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 9:08:50 PM UTC-5, wij wrote:
> On Saturday, 20 November 2021 at 06:42:05 UTC+8, DV wrote:

> > > I will probably not build the website for compression, since if the site were hacked, I could lose my technologies.
> > >
> > > Anyway...I will say, "OK academic CS types, I didn't come very close to falling into the trap. Your trap was legal to set up, I acknowledge it. Let us see if you will fall into my trap. My trap, based on something I know that you are much less likely to figure out for yourselves that what I figured out that you likely knew, is legal too."
> > >
> > > I predict that they will fall into the trap. What is the trap? I will not tell you.
> > >
> > > It won't really kill anyone though if one or more people fall into it..
> > Update: I take it back. (There is a trap for you, but I don't mean that is about that.)
> >
> > The update is that I will still build the website that uses the algorithm; I realized that the application of my algorithmic ideas doesn't actually work in the way that I thought it did. I posted an update immediately because I didn't want to be in a situation where I knew that the algorithms weren't going to be ones I would publish and didn't immediately retract the offer.
> >
> > So I will publish the website that will use the algorithms after all, and I will be willing to sell the AES/FACTOR/DLP algorithms as part of the cryptosystem package that I would sell as IP to a firm.
> >
> > My job that I emailed about is not in programming, but I will pursue it and other job offers as much as I can.
> >
> > I am still open to job offers, particularly in programming. The website might be up within a week, but not definitely.
> How are you today?

I will answer you this time: I would prefer not to interact with you on the internet. Perhaps you have mentioned some things I find inappropriate as a means to throw off Chinese government officials who might be after you or something, but either way, it sounds like it would be better if we did not interact much on the internet.

I don't mean you any harm, I just would prefer not to have lengthy discussions if you are involved in something inappropriate or, alternatively, if you are being hunted by the Chinese government and need to cover your actions--talking with me likely wouldn't improve your situation, given my status as a human rights abuses critic.

Re: Important cryptology update: I spotted the trap.

<64c91b0a-0faa-4dfa-be48-3e77dd0e0910n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23716&group=comp.theory#23716

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 19:41:26 -0800 (PST)
From: wyni...@gmail.com (wij)
 by: wij - Sat, 20 Nov 2021 03:41 UTC

On Saturday, 20 November 2021 at 11:19:35 UTC+8, DV wrote:
> On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 9:08:50 PM UTC-5, wij wrote:

> > > Update: I take it back. (There is a trap for you, but I don't mean that is about that.)
> > >
> > > The update is that I will still build the website that uses the algorithm; I realized that the application of my algorithmic ideas doesn't actually work in the way that I thought it did. I posted an update immediately because I didn't want to be in a situation where I knew that the algorithms weren't going to be ones I would publish and didn't immediately retract the offer.
> > >
> > > So I will publish the website that will use the algorithms after all, and I will be willing to sell the AES/FACTOR/DLP algorithms as part of the cryptosystem package that I would sell as IP to a firm.
> > >
> > > My job that I emailed about is not in programming, but I will pursue it and other job offers as much as I can.
> > >
> > > I am still open to job offers, particularly in programming. The website might be up within a week, but not definitely.
> > How are you today?
> I will answer you this time: I would prefer not to interact with you on the internet. Perhaps you have mentioned some things I find inappropriate as a means to throw off Chinese government officials who might be after you or something, but either way, it sounds like it would be better if we did not interact much on the internet.
>
> I don't mean you any harm, I just would prefer not to have lengthy discussions if you are involved in something inappropriate or, alternatively, if you are being hunted by the Chinese government and need to cover your actions--talking with me likely wouldn't improve your situation, given my status as a human rights abuses critic.

Why would you think that way? How can I appear here in anyway if the government or
any secret police or anyone don't like me, and want to hunt me?
I know now your moral sense is super super high, so I won't talk about my
'heroic' history. So, better, you first. I might begin to like you.

Re: Important cryptology update: I spotted the trap.

<e78cbe88-19e3-413d-8245-31899b0f385en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=23893&group=comp.theory#23893

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 09:53:23 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (DV)
 by: DV - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 17:53 UTC

On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 5:42:05 PM UTC-5, DV wrote:
> On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 3:24:16 PM UTC-5, DV wrote:
> > On Friday, November 19, 2021 at 3:15:36 PM UTC-5, DV wrote:
> > > I won't be publishing or sharing my cryptanalysis algorithms for FACTOR/DLP at all, because I realized that would put me at a competitive disadvantage in terms of some activities I want to pursue. (It has to do with other applications of the algorithms that solve these problems.)
> > >
> > > I will very likely not ever publish my AES algorithm either, since that could give clues as to how I approach cryptanalytic tasks.
> > >
> > > I will probably publish a factored RSA number to the internet eventually. I would be happy to sell my new cryptosystem idea, but again, I will very likely not ever share any ideas about cryptanalysis algorithms, due to their applicability.
> > I will probably not build the website for compression, since if the site were hacked, I could lose my technologies.
> >
> > Anyway...I will say, "OK academic CS types, I didn't come very close to falling into the trap. Your trap was legal to set up, I acknowledge it. Let us see if you will fall into my trap. My trap, based on something I know that you are much less likely to figure out for yourselves that what I figured out that you likely knew, is legal too."
> >
> > I predict that they will fall into the trap. What is the trap? I will not tell you.
> >
> > It won't really kill anyone though if one or more people fall into it.
> Update: I take it back. (There is a trap for you, but I don't mean that is about that.)
>
> The update is that I will still build the website that uses the algorithm; I realized that the application of my algorithmic ideas doesn't actually work in the way that I thought it did. I posted an update immediately because I didn't want to be in a situation where I knew that the algorithms weren't going to be ones I would publish and didn't immediately retract the offer.
>
> So I will publish the website that will use the algorithms after all, and I will be willing to sell the AES/FACTOR/DLP algorithms as part of the cryptosystem package that I would sell as IP to a firm.
>
> My job that I emailed about is not in programming, but I will pursue it and other job offers as much as I can.
>
> I am still open to job offers, particularly in programming. The website might be up within a week, but not definitely.

Update:

I might change my mind about this again, but here is my current plan:

I am open to selling:

- the approach to breaking AES
- the new cryptosystem approach that relies on EXPTIME problems

I am again withdrawing my willingness to sell:

- the RSA/DLP solver algorithm

> > > I will probably publish a factored RSA number to the internet eventually. I would be happy to sell my new cryptosystem idea, but again, I will very likely not ever share any ideas about cryptanalysis algorithms, due to their applicability.
> > I will probably not build the website for compression, since if the site were hacked, I could lose my technologies.

The above quotations are related to why I am not selling it.

I am still willing to publish a factored RSA number to the internet once my C++ compiler is no longer sabotaged by CIA criminals.

As I said, I might change my mind again. I've decided that selling the AES solver to an appropriate firm would be safe for me, but the RSA/DLP solver would not be.

My investigation continues; it is of course hard to investigate math innovation research when my computers have been sabotaged by government crooks. I am a patriotic law-abiding American citizen and not an Iranian, which is why the government crooks' chortles will be a mark of shame for these citizenship-and-service failures in American history.

I am curious as to which international leaders have objected to what has been done to me. Do Israel, Great Britain, and France have opinions about this evil action by the US government?