From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Relocate App Icon, Samsung Galaxy A11
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 11:55:44 -0500
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 16:55 UTC

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy A11 (Tracfone) phone.

An ap I downloaded from Play Store that I like ("File Manager +")
is on a third screen. There are ap icons on the second screen that
I have NO interest in. I would like to know how to relocate the FM
icon to the second screen (there is a space). Also, would like to
relocate the ap icons I have no interest in to the 3rd screen.

The .PDF instructions manual has NO procedure for relocating
or moving an app icon except putting it on home screen (doesn't stay
after a reboot).

Thank You in advance, John

Re: Relocate App Icon, Samsung Galaxy A11

<iualt1FhoegU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24077&group=comp.mobile.android#24077

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Relocate App Icon, Samsung Galaxy A11
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 17:19:29 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 17:19 UTC

jaugustine@verizon.net wrote:

> There are ap icons on the second screen that I have NO interest in. I would
> like to know how to relocate the FM icon to the second screen (there is a
> space). Also, would like to relocate the ap icons I have no interest in to
> the 3rd screen.

Depends on what launcher you're using (you can replace the one your phone came
with) but generally drag and drop, you might need a long press to start the
action ...

Re: Relocate App Icon, Samsung Galaxy A11

<16pae3n7qri3a$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24097&group=comp.mobile.android#24097

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 14:23:43 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 19:23 UTC

<jaugustine@verizon.net> wrote:

> Samsung Galaxy A11 (Tracfone) phone.
>
> An ap I downloaded from Play Store that I like ("File Manager +") is
> on a third screen. There are ap icons on the second screen that I
> have NO interest in. I would like to know how to relocate the FM
> icon to the second screen (there is a space). Also, would like to
> relocate the ap icons I have no interest in to the 3rd screen.
>
> The .PDF instructions manual has NO procedure for relocating or
> moving an app icon except putting it on home screen (doesn't stay
> after a reboot).

At one time, there was Android's home screen, and its other screens.
That changed to where "home screen" means every screen in Android, and
what used to be called "home screen" was changed to "default home
screen". What terminology is used depends on how old is the article(s)
you read online.

See Andy's instructions. When you long press an icon, the screen
display changes, and you can drag the icon to whichever [home] screen
you want.

If you don't want some icons, like some you mentioned on a second
screen, long press them, see the screen change, and drag the icon up to
the Remove spot. That does not remove the app(s). They will still be
listed in the app drawer (unless you hid them). You're just removing
the icon shortcuts to the apps.

Don't know where you got the user manual. Was it from:

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/SM-A115WZKAXAC/
which links to:
https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_CA&OriginYN=N&ModelType=N&ModelName=SM-A115W&CttFileID=7762337&CDCttType=UM&VPath=UM%2F202007%2F20200721084508514%2FA115W_UG_CA_QQ_ENG_D3.pdf

Page 24, "Understanding the screen"
Dragging

When dragging an icon, you have to drag to the left or right side screen
edge to drag an icon to another screen.

You can tutorials on Youtube, like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDVbXnTIWjM

You may have a "lock layout" option in the Android settings. This
prevents someone, especially someone you let use your phone, from
changing the layout of icons to different than you want. Instructions
can be found here:

https://techk.in/2020/06/home-screen-layout-locked.html

Re: Relocate App Icon, Samsung Galaxy A11

<r5j2ogtn5mkaj4rh0k5idrtpaei57ech2k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24172&group=comp.mobile.android#24172

From: jaugust...@verizon.net
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2021 09:47:11 -0500
 by: jaugust...@verizon.net - Tue, 2 Nov 2021 14:47 UTC

<SNIP>
>Don't know where you got the user manual. Was it from:
>
>https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/SM-A115WZKAXAC/
>which links to:
>https://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_CA&OriginYN=N&ModelType=N&ModelName=SM-A115W&CttFileID=7762337&CDCttType=UM&VPath=UM%2F202007%2F20200721084508514%2FA115W_UG_CA_QQ_ENG_D3.pdf
>
>Page 24, "Understanding the screen"
>Dragging
>
>When dragging an icon, you have to drag to the left or right side screen
>edge to drag an icon to another screen.

Hi Vanguard,

The above two lines ("When dragging....") of yours SOLVED my issue by
golly.

I have two different instruction manuals (.PDFs) for this model
(Galaxy A11) and similar model. I searched through both manuals (Adobe
Reader) for every "icon" occurrence. NO where did I see what you said
above.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, John