"All language designers are arrogant. Goes with the territory..." (By Larry Wall)

computers / alt.comp.os.windows-11 / Re: Program a Grandstream ATA

SubjectAuthor
* Program a Grandstream ATAKenW
+* Program a Grandstream ATAPaul
|`* Program a Grandstream ATAKenW
| `* Program a Grandstream ATAChar Jackson
|  `- Program a Grandstream ATAPaul
+- Program a Grandstream ATAGraham J
`* Program a Grandstream ATAKenW
 `* Program a Grandstream ATAKen Blake
  `* Program a Grandstream ATAKenW
   `* Program a Grandstream ATAPaul
    `- Program a Grandstream ATAKenW

1
Program a Grandstream ATA

<pgv0ai5ntjlbp855g44e5h8v469j7tc3bd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2396&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2396

From: ken1...@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Program a Grandstream ATA
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2023 13:30:55 -0600
 by: KenW - Sat, 1 Jul 2023 19:30 UTC

I usually go through my router to do this. I was wondering if I can
connect directly from my computer (rj45) to get into the thing.
My be a dumb question, but never tried it before. I want to upload a
backup file to the new ATA.

Thanks

KenW

Re: Program a Grandstream ATA

<u7qde8$32a8v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2398&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2398

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Re: Program a Grandstream ATA
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 19:38:47 -0400
 by: Paul - Sat, 1 Jul 2023 23:38 UTC

On 7/1/2023 3:30 PM, KenW wrote:
> I usually go through my router to do this. I was wondering if I can
> connect directly from my computer (rj45) to get into the thing.
> My be a dumb question, but never tried it before. I want to upload a
> backup file to the new ATA.
>
> Thanks
>
> KenW

They can be too flexible.

A few devices now, they "autoload". When you get a locked modem/router
as a rental, there are two URLS. This is a "popular way" to run network
boxes, whether modem/router or ATA. On rentals, it makes ISP happy.

https://latest.firmware.upgrade.location.com \___ These will be on the ISP server
https://latest.config.file.location.com /

When the device powers up, it can do a delta-check, and
see if the file offered by some URL value there, is a
higher number than what the device is currently programmed
with.

By placing "white space" in those URL boxes, you block that feature.

But on some modem/routers, there is a three-level password scheme,
and only if you purchase an "unlocked" device at retail, can you
change stuff like that (neuter it and stop the updates).

The Grandstream also has local file capabilities.
which is likely what you would want to put a config back.
I have no experience with save/restore, so can't help you there with details
(whether it is binary or text mode).

[Picture]

https://i.postimg.cc/QtPSSkdS/sample-grandstream.gif

There are two ways you can run an ATA, and as far as I know,
both make it visible on your LAN subnet. So (if you know the
address or know how it is set up), you can log into it. I do this
all the time, when the thing needs a reboot. Because I set it up,
and I know the address.

Paul

Re: Program a Grandstream ATA

<avg1aihku2gvqt63o08b9tkd9gnr19b2fr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2399&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2399

From: ken1...@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2023 18:34:17 -0600
 by: KenW - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 00:34 UTC

On Sat, 1 Jul 2023 19:38:47 -0400, Paul <nospam@needed.invalid> wrote:

>On 7/1/2023 3:30 PM, KenW wrote:
>> I usually go through my router to do this. I was wondering if I can
>> connect directly from my computer (rj45) to get into the thing.
>> My be a dumb question, but never tried it before. I want to upload a
>> backup file to the new ATA.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> KenW
>
>They can be too flexible.
>
>A few devices now, they "autoload". When you get a locked modem/router
>as a rental, there are two URLS. This is a "popular way" to run network
>boxes, whether modem/router or ATA. On rentals, it makes ISP happy.
>
> https://latest.firmware.upgrade.location.com \___ These will be on the ISP server
> https://latest.config.file.location.com /
>
>When the device powers up, it can do a delta-check, and
>see if the file offered by some URL value there, is a
>higher number than what the device is currently programmed
>with.
>
>By placing "white space" in those URL boxes, you block that feature.
>
>But on some modem/routers, there is a three-level password scheme,
>and only if you purchase an "unlocked" device at retail, can you
>change stuff like that (neuter it and stop the updates).
>
>The Grandstream also has local file capabilities.
>which is likely what you would want to put a config back.
>I have no experience with save/restore, so can't help you there with details
>(whether it is binary or text mode).
>
> [Picture]
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/QtPSSkdS/sample-grandstream.gif
>
>There are two ways you can run an ATA, and as far as I know,
>both make it visible on your LAN subnet. So (if you know the
>address or know how it is set up), you can log into it. I do this
>all the time, when the thing needs a reboot. Because I set it up,
>and I know the address.
>
> Paul

I have been using a Grandstream ATA for a few years so kind of
familiar with it. Instead of going through the whole setup, I think my
file will fill in most of the information even with updated hardware.
I think I will just go with a router and forget straight from a
computer. I know the address the old one used if the router allows it.

KenW

Re: Program a Grandstream ATA

<7tv1ail34ev9e7mdt6532q42c5gd0jiehe@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2400&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2400

From: non...@none.invalid (Char Jackson)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 00:00:32 -0500
 by: Char Jackson - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 05:00 UTC

On Sat, 01 Jul 2023 18:34:17 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 1 Jul 2023 19:38:47 -0400, Paul <nospam@needed.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On 7/1/2023 3:30 PM, KenW wrote:
>>> I usually go through my router to do this. I was wondering if I can
>>> connect directly from my computer (rj45) to get into the thing.
>>> My be a dumb question, but never tried it before. I want to upload a
>>> backup file to the new ATA.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> KenW
>>
>>They can be too flexible.
>>
>>A few devices now, they "autoload". When you get a locked modem/router
>>as a rental, there are two URLS. This is a "popular way" to run network
>>boxes, whether modem/router or ATA. On rentals, it makes ISP happy.
>>
>> https://latest.firmware.upgrade.location.com \___ These will be on the ISP server
>> https://latest.config.file.location.com /
>>
>>When the device powers up, it can do a delta-check, and
>>see if the file offered by some URL value there, is a
>>higher number than what the device is currently programmed
>>with.
>>
>>By placing "white space" in those URL boxes, you block that feature.
>>
>>But on some modem/routers, there is a three-level password scheme,
>>and only if you purchase an "unlocked" device at retail, can you
>>change stuff like that (neuter it and stop the updates).
>>
>>The Grandstream also has local file capabilities.
>>which is likely what you would want to put a config back.
>>I have no experience with save/restore, so can't help you there with details
>>(whether it is binary or text mode).
>>
>> [Picture]
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/QtPSSkdS/sample-grandstream.gif
>>
>>There are two ways you can run an ATA, and as far as I know,
>>both make it visible on your LAN subnet. So (if you know the
>>address or know how it is set up), you can log into it. I do this
>>all the time, when the thing needs a reboot. Because I set it up,
>>and I know the address.
>>
>> Paul
>
>I have been using a Grandstream ATA for a few years so kind of
>familiar with it. Instead of going through the whole setup, I think my
>file will fill in most of the information even with updated hardware.
>I think I will just go with a router and forget straight from a
>computer. I know the address the old one used if the router allows it.

There's nothing too special about a router. It's just a device that lets
you talk to nodes on logical networks other than your LAN. If you'd like
to talk to a device that is physically connected to your LAN but is not
a member of your LAN, without asking a router to do the translation, the
easy thing to do is to add an IP address to your computer that's a
member of the target device's network. Presto, you can now access that
device directly, without using a router. (If you currently use DHCP,
you'll have to temporarily assign a static IP to your PC, which can be
the IP it already has via DHCP.)

That sounds more complicated than it is. Say your LAN is at
192.168.1.0/24 and you want to connect directly to a device, without
going through a router, that's at 192.168.51.10. You simply go to your
"Network and Internet Settings", then click "Change Adapter Options",
then right click on your NIC and select Properties. Select "Internet
Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)", Properties, Advanced. You're going to
add an IP address in the subnet of the target device, which means your
PC will have two IP addresses - the usual address for your LAN and a
second address that lets your PC talk to the other device. Add the new
IP address, in this example it might be 192.168.51.11, with a subnet
mask of 255.255.255.0 (the mask isn't critical, but that will work), and
leave the gateway blank. Exit your way out to the desktop.

At this point, your original IP will be used for everything except
talking to the new device, but Windows is smart enough to use the new
address if you try to talk to that new device. When you're done, you can
IPs assigned. As far as I can tell, there's no limit to the number of IP
addresses you can configure on a single NIC and Windows will always pick
the right one, automatically.

Re: Program a Grandstream ATA

<u7r8cu$38m82$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2401&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2401

From: nob...@nowhere.co.uk (Graham J)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 08:18:53 +0100
 by: Graham J - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 07:18 UTC

KenW wrote:
> I usually go through my router to do this. I was wondering if I can
> connect directly from my computer (rj45) to get into the thing.
> My be a dumb question, but never tried it before. I want to upload a
> backup file to the new ATA.

Most network devices will use the DHCP protocol to get an IP address
from the router. The router - via it's management interface - will show
you the IP address that it has issued to your new Grandstream ATA. It
will not be the same as the IP address issued to your previous
Grandstream ATA because the MAC address wil be different.

If you need help to understand this in more detail, ask here again for a
good tutorial website.

If you don't have a router - unlikely in your case - you could connect
your computer direct to the Grandstream ATA but for this to work it
requires that both devices implement the autoconfiguration protocol, and
then you have to find out which IP address has been issued to the ATA -
no easy unless the ATA has a dedicated utility whcih you install on the
computer for the purpose.

A very few devices come pre-configured with a specific IP addres
hard-coded into themselves. In this case the manufacturer's guidance
notes should tell you what to do.

--
Graham J

Re: Program a Grandstream ATA

<u7rcne$393ma$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2402&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2402

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 04:32:45 -0400
 by: Paul - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 08:32 UTC

On 7/2/2023 1:00 AM, Char Jackson wrote:
> [...]
> Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)", Properties, Advanced. You're going to
> add an IP address in the subnet of the target device, which means your
> PC will have two IP addresses - the usual address for your LAN and a
> second address that lets your PC talk to the other device. Add the new
> IP address, in this example it might be 192.168.51.11, with a subnet
> mask of 255.255.255.0 (the mask isn't critical, but that will work), and
> leave the gateway blank. Exit your way out to the desktop.
>
> At this point, your original IP will be used for everything except
> talking to the new device, but Windows is smart enough to use the new
> address if you try to talk to that new device. When you're done, you can
> IPs assigned. As far as I can tell, there's no limit to the number of IP
> addresses you can configure on a single NIC and Windows will always pick

In Google, "grandstream <model number> user manual" will get you a PDF.

The LAN address appears to be

https://www.lumen.com/help/en-us/voip/equipment/configuring-your-grandstream-ht813-ata.html

192.168.2.1 # More than one model number uses this.

The ATA, you can plug a phone into an FXS port and hear a dial tone
(even though the WAN connection is not connected to the router or whatever).
The reason you hear dial tone, is the box is capable of "local interaction"
over the phone interface. You can even hook two Grandstreams together
and use them like "tomato tins and string" (someone will have to hold
your beer, while you do this).

Go off-hook, and press "***" on your touch tone phone and it has a voice response
and tells you that you have entered the Menu.

Type one more "*" and it dumps the first config field via voice prompt.
It indicates it is using DHCP or it is using Static IP, but the unit
seems to be focused on the WAN port. So I presume if the WAN port was
connected to a router, it would pull a DHCP address from the pool on the router.

The WAN port is not configured for login by default, unless when you hear menu item 12
played back, you press "9" and that enabled WAN port http access.
If you step the menu down, using the "*" key, eventually you hear

WAN Port Web Access "Disabled"

Press "9" to toggle between enable / disable <=== you want to temporarily "enable" this

and after that, the DHCP address it acquires on the WAN port, you
can use your web browser (on another router port) and enter
your best guess as to what the DHCP it used. My old router, you could
log into the router and dump the DHCP table, and instantly
know what IP the Grandstream is on. The new router does not
show that table, so it is "sequential ping" until you find it,
which will only take a minute or two.

The password could be "admin", but that won't last for long and
it could be just about anything by now. Because the damn box can
autoconfigure over the WAN connection and reach out to the outside
world. And shut the door in your face.

After that, the Grandstream will listen for HTTP on the WAN port, instead of
just on the 192.168.2.1 LAN port.

+-----------------------+
| router |
| |
+--+----+----+----+-----+
| |
Grandstream PC LAN port ---- user/webbrowser with "admin" password
WAN port
DHCP mode
http enabled ("9")

Paul

Re: Program a Grandstream ATA

<f2u2aitndb9ki1nmi7ssjl5vsraie90563@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2403&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2403

From: ken1...@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 07:19:03 -0600
 by: KenW - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 13:19 UTC

On Sat, 01 Jul 2023 13:30:55 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:

>I usually go through my router to do this. I was wondering if I can
>connect directly from my computer (rj45) to get into the thing.
>My be a dumb question, but never tried it before. I want to upload a
>backup file to the new ATA.
>
>Thanks
>

>KenW

Thanks for all the information. To be on the safe side and not screw
up anything, I will go through the router. Since turning 80, I don't
trust my brain with new stuff, At least I still know my name
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KenW

Re: Program a Grandstream ATA

<jm43aid6dlv0ifji1dis34us788ctt2ci8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2404&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2404

From: Ken...@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 08:10:34 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 15:10 UTC

On Sun, 02 Jul 2023 07:19:03 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 01 Jul 2023 13:30:55 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:
>
>>I usually go through my router to do this. I was wondering if I can
>>connect directly from my computer (rj45) to get into the thing.
>>My be a dumb question, but never tried it before. I want to upload a
>>backup file to the new ATA.
>>
>>Thanks
>>

>>KenW
>
>Thanks for all the information. To be on the safe side and not screw
>up anything, I will go through the router. Since turning 80, I don't
>trust my brain with new stuff,

You're a youngster. I'm 85 and also don't trust my brain with new
stuff,..

>At least I still know my name

....but I think I know your first name; it seems very familiar to me.

Re: Program a Grandstream ATA

<0353ai5161dpvglurdp7eo48cq5svajgp7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2405&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2405

From: ken1...@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 09:14:51 -0600
 by: KenW - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 15:14 UTC

On Sun, 02 Jul 2023 08:10:34 -0700, Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 02 Jul 2023 07:19:03 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 01 Jul 2023 13:30:55 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:
>>
>>>I usually go through my router to do this. I was wondering if I can
>>>connect directly from my computer (rj45) to get into the thing.
>>>My be a dumb question, but never tried it before. I want to upload a
>>>backup file to the new ATA.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>>>KenW
>>
>>Thanks for all the information. To be on the safe side and not screw
>>up anything, I will go through the router. Since turning 80, I don't
>>trust my brain with new stuff,
>

>You're a youngster. I'm 85 and also don't trust my brain with new
>stuff,..
>

>>At least I still know my name
>

>...but I think I know your first name; it seems very familiar to me.
+1

KenW

Re: Program a Grandstream ATA

<u7sq3i$3dtj8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2409&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2409

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2023 17:27:12 -0400
 by: Paul - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 21:27 UTC

On 7/2/2023 11:14 AM, KenW wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Jul 2023 08:10:34 -0700, Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com>
> wrote:

>>> Thanks for all the information. To be on the safe side and not screw
>>> up anything, I will go through the router. Since turning 80, I don't
>>> trust my brain with new stuff,
>>

>> You're a youngster. I'm 85 and also don't trust my brain with new
>> stuff,..
>>

>>> At least I still know my name
>>

>> ...but I think I know your first name; it seems very familiar to me.
> +1
>

> KenW

I have two GrandStreams.

The one bought at retail, was "unlocked", according to the seller. I may have
got it at the computer store, but it looks like a "lot" of units acquired from
some small VOIP firm (maybe excess stock kinda thing). I programmed it manually,
including a year later, fixing a bug where the thing refused to hang up.

Well, little did I know, that the ISP was shipping their own GrandStream
to me, until it arrived one day. I treat this as my backup, in case
the other bricks.

I used a DLink IPV4 router that is retired.

192.168.3.1 Netmask /16 (should see all subnets on 192.168.x.x)
192.168.3.177 My laptop

I plugged the GrandStream WAN port into the DLink. It is supposed
to acquire a DHCP address. It did. In the DLink table for DHCP I see

192.168.3.177 My Laptop
192.168.3.178 <=== Grandstream does not register a name (GS WAN port uses DHCP)

I could not ping 192.168.1.178 . I did not try a browser, because
it is likely still locked on the WAN port anyway.

Next, I tried unplugging the WAN port of the GrandStream, and switching
over to the LAN port of the GrandStream.

This is supposed to present a fixed address 192.168.2.1 .

Again, I could not ping it. Ping to 192.168.2.1 does not work.

I used Advanced IP Scanner (free) to do an HTTP only scan.

It can "see" 192.168.2.1 . Yes, I tried a couple browsers, and
they pretend there is nothing there (timeout). A check with Wireshark,
shows consistent info (no packet comes out of the GS, if Firefox
tries to reach it at 192.168.2.1 ).

Advanced IP Scanner (Http only scan, no ICMP ping selected)

192.168.2.1 GrandStream Networks
192.168.3.1 DLink router (web interface)
192.168.3.177 My laptop

The ISP-provided GrandStream, smacks of lock-down, even though the
helpful manual does not admit to such behaviors. It only remarks about
the WAN port having an option to prevent login (default).

If the laptop points a browser at 192.168.2.1, there is no response.
Even though IPConfig confirms the netmask is /16 . Just like how the DHCP
router is set.

The mystery then, is what is this doing, during an HTTP scan ?

Name: Advanced_IP_Scanner_2.5.4594.1.exe
Size: 21,050,672 bytes (20 MiB)
SHA256: 26D5748FFE6BD95E3FEE6CE184D388A1A681006DC23A0F08D53C083C593C193B

Trouble originates at the station.

Paul

Re: Program a Grandstream ATA

<cjt3ai5t8uhm3568gapvnt513954uogf64@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2410&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2410

From: ken1...@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2023 16:17:56 -0600
 by: KenW - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 22:17 UTC

On Sun, 2 Jul 2023 17:27:12 -0400, Paul <nospam@needed.invalid> wrote:

>On 7/2/2023 11:14 AM, KenW wrote:
>> On Sun, 02 Jul 2023 08:10:34 -0700, Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com>
>> wrote:

>>> You're a youngster. I'm 85 and also don't trust my brain with new
>>> stuff,..

>>> ...but I think I know your first name; it seems very familiar to me.
>> +1
>>

>> KenW
>>

>I have two GrandStreams.
>
>The one bought at retail, was "unlocked", according to the seller. I may have
>got it at the computer store, but it looks like a "lot" of units acquired from
>some small VOIP firm (maybe excess stock kinda thing). I programmed it manually,
>including a year later, fixing a bug where the thing refused to hang up.
>
>Well, little did I know, that the ISP was shipping their own GrandStream
>to me, until it arrived one day. I treat this as my backup, in case
>the other bricks.
>
>I used a DLink IPV4 router that is retired.
>
> 192.168.3.1 Netmask /16 (should see all subnets on 192.168.x.x)
> 192.168.3.177 My laptop
>
>I plugged the GrandStream WAN port into the DLink. It is supposed
>to acquire a DHCP address. It did. In the DLink table for DHCP I see
>
> 192.168.3.177 My Laptop
> 192.168.3.178 <=== Grandstream does not register a name (GS WAN port uses DHCP)
>
>I could not ping 192.168.1.178 . I did not try a browser, because
>it is likely still locked on the WAN port anyway.
>
>Next, I tried unplugging the WAN port of the GrandStream, and switching
>over to the LAN port of the GrandStream.
>
>This is supposed to present a fixed address 192.168.2.1 .
>
>Again, I could not ping it. Ping to 192.168.2.1 does not work.
>
>I used Advanced IP Scanner (free) to do an HTTP only scan.
>
>It can "see" 192.168.2.1 . Yes, I tried a couple browsers, and
>they pretend there is nothing there (timeout). A check with Wireshark,
>shows consistent info (no packet comes out of the GS, if Firefox
>tries to reach it at 192.168.2.1 ).
>
> Advanced IP Scanner (Http only scan, no ICMP ping selected)
>
> 192.168.2.1 GrandStream Networks
> 192.168.3.1 DLink router (web interface)
> 192.168.3.177 My laptop
>
>The ISP-provided GrandStream, smacks of lock-down, even though the
>helpful manual does not admit to such behaviors. It only remarks about
>the WAN port having an option to prevent login (default).
>
>If the laptop points a browser at 192.168.2.1, there is no response.
>Even though IPConfig confirms the netmask is /16 . Just like how the DHCP
>router is set.
>
>The mystery then, is what is this doing, during an HTTP scan ?
>
>Name: Advanced_IP_Scanner_2.5.4594.1.exe
>Size: 21,050,672 bytes (20 MiB)
>SHA256: 26D5748FFE6BD95E3FEE6CE184D388A1A681006DC23A0F08D53C083C593C193B

> Trouble originates at the station.
>
> Paul
I tried to upload a config file and it did not work. So have to do it
from scratch. VOIP.ms has what I need so just have to do it.
Also tried to print and printer didn't work. Just reseated the usb
cable. Never easy these days !!!

KenW