From: NONONOmi...@fmguy.com (micky)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: visual voicemail
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 17:53:24 -0400
 by: micky - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 21:53 UTC

I have a new phone, about a month in use, and I'm sure I've called
someone and received a call or more, but today someone called and I
couldnt' find any way to answer. I kept getting a screen that wants me
to set up my visual voicemail.

Do I want visual voicemail. Only 3 people and one airline have my cell
phone number, and only one of these ever calls me, 2 or 3 times in a
month. If others call, my message says I don't play my messages and not
to leave a message unless I'm expecting them to call. Will Visual
Voicemail make life easier or harder?
Also I haven't found a way to NOT set it up, but I suppose I can find
that. ??

Android 11
MIUI 12.5 -- it seems to make a big deal about this, but do other phones
have something similar?

Changing phone takes a bunch of time to set everything up again.

Re: visual voicemail

<slu5cs$i2q$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24210&group=comp.mobile.android#24210

From: joebeanf...@nospam.duh (Joe Beanfish)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: visual voicemail
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 14:12:44 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Joe Beanfish - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 14:12 UTC

On Mon, 01 Nov 2021 17:53:24 -0400, micky wrote:

> I have a new phone, about a month in use, and I'm sure I've called
> someone and received a call or more, but today someone called and I
> couldnt' find any way to answer. I kept getting a screen that wants me
> to set up my visual voicemail.
>
> Do I want visual voicemail. Only 3 people and one airline have my cell
> phone number, and only one of these ever calls me, 2 or 3 times in a
> month. If others call, my message says I don't play my messages and not
> to leave a message unless I'm expecting them to call. Will Visual
> Voicemail make life easier or harder?
> Also I haven't found a way to NOT set it up, but I suppose I can find
> that. ??
>
> Android 11
> MIUI 12.5 -- it seems to make a big deal about this, but do other phones
> have something similar?

"visual voicemail" provides on screen list and possibly text of voicemails
as opposed to "audio voicemail" where you have to call and wade thru voice
prompts and menus to listen to it or delete it. Go ahead and configure it.