From: *...@eli.users.panix.com (Eli the Bearded)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: telephone calls not working
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 19:12:01 -0000 (UTC)
XFrom: is a real address
Encrypted: double rot-13
 by: Eli the Bearded - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 19:12 UTC

I have a One Plus N10 (Android 11, 2021-10-01 update level, connected
with T Mobile in the US). Recently the phone part of the device has
started to be flakey in a very mysterious way.

I can get calls, the phone rings, and answer them, and the person on the
other end can hear me, but I get perfect silence. I can make calls to
regular numbers and I get perfect silence. I first noticed this on 18
October with a call from my wife.

I can make a call to check voice mail (not a regular call) and the
sound works.

When I'm having the perfect silence problem, I can fix it by rebooting
the phone. I don't know how long it stays fixed, but it goes back to not
working in a few days for sure.

I have tested with two different phone apps, the one that came with the
device and the one from Simple Mobile Tools (simplemobiletools.com) and
both show the same problem.

Two apps showing the issue: probably not a (simple) app problem

Sound works for voice mail calls: probably not a (simple) hardware problem

Sound works after reboot: probably not a (simple) carrier problem

That's all the simple issues checked, I think.

WTF else should I be checking? I am using the built in speakers on the
device, not a headset.

Elijah
------
gets family calls at least a few times per week

Re: telephone calls not working

<pu06og5mu68d6qfi6on4s3k69bppusavrt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24222&group=comp.mobile.android#24222

From: ken1...@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: telephone calls not working
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2021 15:52:13 -0600
 by: KenW - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 21:52 UTC

On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 19:12:01 -0000 (UTC), Eli the Bearded
<*@eli.users.panix.com> wrote:

>I have a One Plus N10 (Android 11, 2021-10-01 update level, connected
>with T Mobile in the US). Recently the phone part of the device has
>started to be flakey in a very mysterious way.
>
>I can get calls, the phone rings, and answer them, and the person on the
>other end can hear me, but I get perfect silence. I can make calls to
>regular numbers and I get perfect silence. I first noticed this on 18
>October with a call from my wife.
>
>I can make a call to check voice mail (not a regular call) and the
>sound works.
>
>When I'm having the perfect silence problem, I can fix it by rebooting
>the phone. I don't know how long it stays fixed, but it goes back to not
>working in a few days for sure.
>
>I have tested with two different phone apps, the one that came with the
>device and the one from Simple Mobile Tools (simplemobiletools.com) and
>both show the same problem.
>
>Two apps showing the issue: probably not a (simple) app problem
>
>Sound works for voice mail calls: probably not a (simple) hardware problem
>
>Sound works after reboot: probably not a (simple) carrier problem
>
>That's all the simple issues checked, I think.
>
>WTF else should I be checking? I am using the built in speakers on the
>device, not a headset.
>
>Elijah
>------
>gets family calls at least a few times per week

Do a reset, soft or backup the phone and do a hard reset. Google is
great if you back up to it.

KenW