Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.

computers / comp.mobile.android / Re: Telephone reception vs signal strength

SubjectAuthor
* Telephone reception vs signal strengthRoger Mills
+* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthWoody
|+* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthTweed
||`* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthRoger Mills
|| `* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthPamela
||  `* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthtony sayer
||   `* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthRoger Mills
||    `- Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthtony sayer
|`- Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthRoger Mills
+* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthChris
|`- Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthRoger Mills
+* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthVanguardLH
|+* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthWoody
||+- Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthVanguardLH
||`* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthAndy Burns
|| `- Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthJoerg Lorenz
|`* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthRoger Mills
| `* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthVanguardLH
|  +* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthWoody
|  |`- Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthRoger Mills
|  `- Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthRoger Mills
`* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthMartin Brown
 `* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthWoody
  `* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthMartin Brown
   +* Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthWoody
   |`- Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthFrank Slootweg
   `- Re: Telephone reception vs signal strengthtony sayer

Pages:12
Re: Telephone reception vs signal strength

<TTMHK4AIitghFwtU@bancom.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24216&group=comp.mobile.android#24216

From: ton...@bancom.co.uk (tony sayer)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Telephone reception vs signal strength
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 18:44:24 +0000
 by: tony sayer - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 18:44 UTC

In article <iuaa59FfhfcU1@mid.individual.net>, Roger Mills
<watt.tyler@gmail.com> scribeth thus
>On 31/10/2021 19:06, tony sayer wrote:
>
>> Got a few MOTO 4 G's around here and similar to same problems with the
>> audio.
>>
>> Cure is to take off the screen dismantle the PCB from its mountings then
>> clean and re spring the connectors that go to the PCB board from the
>> speaker etc, all sorted once done that and whist you've got it apart
>> change the battery!
>>
>> Job done:)...
>>

>If that was my problem, the sound wouldn't work for other apps - but it
>does - it's only the phone app that plays up.

Yes, may not fix all maladies but it sure helps some of them!....

--
Tony Sayer

Re: Telephone reception vs signal strength

<NDoAOFBZjtghFwOj@bancom.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24217&group=comp.mobile.android#24217

From: ton...@bancom.co.uk (tony sayer)
Newsgroups: uk.telecom.mobile,comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 18:45:45 +0000
 by: tony sayer - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 18:45 UTC

In article <slh3j8$com$1@gioia.aioe.org>, Martin Brown
<'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> scribeth thus
>On 29/10/2021 09:31, Woody wrote:
>>
>> Have you tried wi-fi calling Martin? Most SPs now provide the capability
>> and from the experience of a relative I can tell you it really does work
>> - well, in most cases anyway!
>
>My phone an elderly Moto G4 is a bit long in the tooth for that. Even so
>its battery life is still comparable with what a new one would manage.
>(when new it would last nearly a week between charges)
>
>I will get around to replacing it one day.

Good dog 'n bone that got three of 'em here;!)...

--
Tony Sayer