Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 09:20:54 -0600
Newsgroups: comp.theory,comp.ai.philosophy,sci.logic,sci.math
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
Subject: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V35
 by: olcott - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 15:20 UTC

When-so-ever simulating halt decider H(X,Y) determines that the
simulated behavior of its input correctly matches a infinite behavior
pattern such that the input would never stop running unless its
simulation is aborted H correctly aborts this input and returns 0.

// Simplified Linz(1990) Ĥ and Strachey(1965) P
void P(u32 x)
{ if (H(x, x))
HERE: goto HERE;
}

This correctly eliminates the pathological feedback loop between the
halt decider and its input that otherwise make input like the above
input impossible for H(P,P) to decide.

Halting problem undecidability and infinitely nested simulation V2

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/356105750_Halting_problem_undecidability_and_infinitely_nested_simulation_V2

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V35

<b0yqJ.96653$7D4.14942@fx37.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=24252&group=comp.theory#24252

Newsgroups: comp.theory
From: Rich...@Damon-Family.org (Richard Damon)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 18:47:17 -0500
 by: Richard Damon - Fri, 3 Dec 2021 23:47 UTC

On 12/3/21 10:20 AM, olcott wrote:
> When-so-ever simulating halt decider H(X,Y) determines that the
> simulated behavior of its input correctly matches a infinite behavior
> pattern such that the input would never stop running unless its
> simulation is aborted H correctly aborts this input and returns 0.

(See other reply for more details)

Except in this case the input to H doesn't correctly atch a correct
infinite behavior pattern, so H is NOT correct in returning 0.

> // Simplified Linz(1990) Ĥ and Strachey(1965) P
> void P(u32 x)
> {
>   if (H(x, x))
>     HERE: goto HERE;
> }
>
> This correctly eliminates the pathological feedback loop between the
> halt decider and its input that otherwise make input like the above
> input impossible for H(P,P) to decide.

The 'pathological feedback' is VALID, and your H just gets the wrong
answer to the halting problem because it decided to be a POOP decider
instead.

> Halting problem undecidability and infinitely nested simulation V2
>
> https://www.researchgate.net/publication/356105750_Halting_problem_undecidability_and_infinitely_nested_simulation_V2

Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V35

<9d9e8cd6-acc3-4a5d-adb7-61684d6907afn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=24262&group=comp.theory#24262

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 00:52:56 -0800 (PST)
From: jul...@diegidio.name (Julio Di Egidio)
 by: Julio Di Egidio - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 08:52 UTC

On Saturday, 4 December 2021 at 00:47:23 UTC+1, richar...@gmail.com wrote:
> On 12/3/21 10:20 AM, olcott wrote:

> > simulation is aborted H correctly aborts this input and returns 0.
> >
> (See other reply for more details)

What a fucking shithole...

Are you just stupid or yet another agent of the enemy?

Stop feeding the trolls, MORON.

*Plonk*

Julio

Re: Concise refutation of halting problem proofs V35

<stGdnRHj-IAcHDb8nZ2dnUU7-RsAAAAA@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=24271&group=comp.theory#24271

Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 08:56:00 -0600
Newsgroups: comp.theory
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 14:56 UTC

On 12/4/2021 2:52 AM, Julio Di Egidio wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 December 2021 at 00:47:23 UTC+1, richar...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On 12/3/21 10:20 AM, olcott wrote:
>
>>> simulation is aborted H correctly aborts this input and returns 0.
>>>
>> (See other reply for more details)
>
> What a fucking shithole...
>
> Are you just stupid or yet another agent of the enemy?
>
> Stop feeding the trolls, MORON.
>
> *Plonk*
>
> Julio

The real problem is that you are either too stupid or dishonest to
acknowledge this obvious fact: