Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2021 13:30:29 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Another Innovative IP Breakthrough: My PTIME Algorithm For the Restricted Assignment Problem Is Available to Be Purchased
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Sat, 4 Dec 2021 21:30 UTC

Hi everyone,

I found this article:

"A Quasi-Polynomial Approximation for the Restricted Assignment Problem"

....on arxiv.org, via the SIAM Journal for either Computing or Applied Math--I checked both and forget which journal it was.

I am pleased to announce that I have developed a PTIME algorithm that is faster than the algorithm described in the paper. I believe this idea to be patentable, based on a sort-of good of understanding of material in the book, "Patent It Yourself." (My opinion does not constitute serious or professional legal advice, though.)

I would be willing to sell this algorithm and sign an NDA prohibiting from discussing it; of course I am very good at keeping secrets.

I am not going to disclose any details of my algorithm, which I believe would make the world of computing a better and more efficient place, at this time. I might patent it someday.

Please get in touch with me if you would like to ask about purchasing my algorithm! Some of my IP may not be available to sold in the future; my diff eq idea and cues-processing AI ideas are much less likely to be sold, at least for any sort of "extremely reasonable and affordable price," given that December 1 has passed. I might not sell these ideas at all, but I would still definitely sell my very good cryptology ideas. Nevertheless, I still have many other very good IP ideas that I have developed and will develop in the future--I am OK with reading academic journal articles as long as I don't support such journals financially--and would be likely very willing to sell some other of my very excellent and high-quality IP ideas.

Thanks for reading my post!

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: Another Innovative IP Breakthrough: My PTIME Algorithm For the Restricted Assignment Problem Is Available to Be Purchased

<1883decd-a6b9-42e1-bc8e-31a6b9393950n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=24831&group=comp.theory#24831

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 06:57:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Another Innovative IP Breakthrough: My PTIME Algorithm For the
Restricted Assignment Problem Is Available to Be Purchased
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 14:57 UTC

On Saturday, December 4, 2021 at 4:30:31 PM UTC-5, B.H. wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I found this article:
>
> "A Quasi-Polynomial Approximation for the Restricted Assignment Problem"
>
> ...on arxiv.org, via the SIAM Journal for either Computing or Applied Math--I checked both and forget which journal it was.
>
> I am pleased to announce that I have developed a PTIME algorithm that is faster than the algorithm described in the paper. I believe this idea to be patentable, based on a sort-of good of understanding of material in the book, "Patent It Yourself." (My opinion does not constitute serious or professional legal advice, though.)
>
> I would be willing to sell this algorithm and sign an NDA prohibiting from discussing it; of course I am very good at keeping secrets.
>
> I am not going to disclose any details of my algorithm, which I believe would make the world of computing a better and more efficient place, at this time. I might patent it someday.
>
> Please get in touch with me if you would like to ask about purchasing my algorithm! Some of my IP may not be available to sold in the future; my diff eq idea and cues-processing AI ideas are much less likely to be sold, at least for any sort of "extremely reasonable and affordable price," given that December 1 has passed. I might not sell these ideas at all, but I would still definitely sell my very good cryptology ideas. Nevertheless, I still have many other very good IP ideas that I have developed and will develop in the future--I am OK with reading academic journal articles as long as I don't support such journals financially--and would be likely very willing to sell some other of my very excellent and high-quality IP ideas.
>
> Thanks for reading my post!
>
> -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)

I don't know the full list of applications for this idea, but this looks like my best idea to sell. Based on having glanced briefly at some resources on the internet, it looks like this idea might be useful in manufacturing factories. I might be interested in selling this technology to a car firm, perhaps for $100 million or more, since, if I am able to sell IP professionally, that is about my target pre-tax goal for acquiring money. I appreciate that this idea could be a purchased "non-core-business idea," so that the legitimate concern that some firms may have about purchasing technology rather than producing it in-house would not be an issue--car firms don't use algorithms like this one to build cars so much as to improve factory efficiency, I assume.

I've decided that due to some unfortunate circumstances, it would not be ideal for me to reveal or sell my cryptology ideas, including the new cryptosystem and the solution to how to break AES. As a result, I will probably not sell these ideas and try to hang on to them instead. I might sell my cryptology ideas if I really had to, but it looks like a bad idea right now.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)