I was attacked by dselect as a small child and have since avoided debian. -- Andrew Morton

devel / comp.theory / Re: Today is my 35th birthday. FLIPI Index

SubjectAuthor
* Today is my 35th birthday.B.H.
`* Today is my 35th birthday.olcott
 +* Today is my 35th birthday.B.H.
 |`* Today is my 35th birthday. FLIPI Indexolcott
 | `* Today is my 35th birthday. FLIPI IndexB.H.
 |  `- Today is my 35th birthday. FLIPI Indexolcott
 `- Today is my 35th birthday.B.H.

1
Today is my 35th birthday.

<6b72a96a-3016-4f17-9cc7-22352e48a95an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=24333&group=comp.theory#24333

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 09:54:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Today is my 35th birthday.
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 17:54 UTC

Hi everyone,

Just in the spirit of discussing things I'd like to talk about that are relevant a little bit, since it's my birthday, I though I would just take a moment to express a philosophical belief I hold about competition:

Basically, I am very OK with the idea that consensual competition is healthy and an acceptable way to pursue one's interests and settle disputes. In other words, although some things are guaranteed, other things must be competed for...and I assert that such competitions ought to be voluntary and consensual, where all candidate participants are clearly notified about the competition and allowed to choose whether to participate or not, eligibility permitting.

So, my birthday wish for me this year is one I will "do myself": In accordance with my birthday wish, I am sending out this message to ethical computer-science and other firms requesting that such firms seeking to compete with their competitors in an ethical way reach out to me to consider either offering me a job or seeking to secure my intellectual property via purchase.. The best way to compete alongside or against me or anyone else in the US who, like me, is a law-abiding citizen and an adult with a non-problematic criminal record (I actually have no criminal record at all) is to simply "invite me to the competition"--i.e., ask to consider purchasing my IP or hiring me.

Thanks for reading! I am trying to have a relaxing birthday this year. It looks like I am getting kind of old.

-Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Re: Today is my 35th birthday.

<MeOdnVYWHesKzzP8nZ2dnUU7-WWdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=24334&group=comp.theory#24334

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 12:12:38 -0600
Subject: Re: Today is my 35th birthday.
Newsgroups: comp.theory
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Mon, 6 Dec 2021 18:12 UTC

On 12/6/2021 11:54 AM, B.H. wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Just in the spirit of discussing things I'd like to talk about that are relevant a little bit, since it's my birthday, I though I would just take a moment to express a philosophical belief I hold about competition:
>
> Basically, I am very OK with the idea that consensual competition is healthy and an acceptable way to pursue one's interests and settle disputes. In other words, although some things are guaranteed, other things must be competed for...and I assert that such competitions ought to be voluntary and consensual, where all candidate participants are clearly notified about the competition and allowed to choose whether to participate or not, eligibility permitting.
>
> So, my birthday wish for me this year is one I will "do myself": In accordance with my birthday wish, I am sending out this message to ethical computer-science and other firms requesting that such firms seeking to compete with their competitors in an ethical way reach out to me to consider either offering me a job or seeking to secure my intellectual property via purchase. The best way to compete alongside or against me or anyone else in the US who, like me, is a law-abiding citizen and an adult with a non-problematic criminal record (I actually have no criminal record at all) is to simply "invite me to the competition"--i.e., ask to consider purchasing my IP or hiring me.
>
> Thanks for reading! I am trying to have a relaxing birthday this year. It looks like I am getting kind of old.
>
> -Philip White (philipjwhite@yahoo.com)

Happy birthday !!!

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: Today is my 35th birthday.

<eab7be07-50e7-4790-b8fe-0f1951cf4892n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=24335&group=comp.theory#24335

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 16:28:20 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 00:28 UTC

On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 1:12:46 PM UTC-5, olcott wrote:
> On 12/6/2021 11:54 AM, B.H. wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Just in the spirit of discussing things I'd like to talk about that are relevant a little bit, since it's my birthday, I though I would just take a moment to express a philosophical belief I hold about competition:
> >
> > Basically, I am very OK with the idea that consensual competition is healthy and an acceptable way to pursue one's interests and settle disputes. In other words, although some things are guaranteed, other things must be competed for...and I assert that such competitions ought to be voluntary and consensual, where all candidate participants are clearly notified about the competition and allowed to choose whether to participate or not, eligibility permitting.
> >
> > So, my birthday wish for me this year is one I will "do myself": In accordance with my birthday wish, I am sending out this message to ethical computer-science and other firms requesting that such firms seeking to compete with their competitors in an ethical way reach out to me to consider either offering me a job or seeking to secure my intellectual property via purchase. The best way to compete alongside or against me or anyone else in the US who, like me, is a law-abiding citizen and an adult with a non-problematic criminal record (I actually have no criminal record at all) is to simply "invite me to the competition"--i.e., ask to consider purchasing my IP or hiring me.
> >
> > Thanks for reading! I am trying to have a relaxing birthday this year. It looks like I am getting kind of old.
> >
> > -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)
> >
> Happy birthday !!!
>
> --
> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott
>
> Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> Genius hits a target no one else can see.
> Arthur Schopenhauer

Thanks for thinking of me. I remember that you mentioned your cancer-related illness, and I hope that your health will improve this holiday season.

Best wishes,
Philip

Re: Today is my 35th birthday.

<06e286c2-0ab7-47f9-854b-ee11b241a39dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=24336&group=comp.theory#24336

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 16:29:55 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 00:29 UTC

On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 1:12:46 PM UTC-5, olcott wrote:
> On 12/6/2021 11:54 AM, B.H. wrote:
> >
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Just in the spirit of discussing things I'd like to talk about that are relevant a little bit, since it's my birthday, I though I would just take a moment to express a philosophical belief I hold about competition:
> >
> > Basically, I am very OK with the idea that consensual competition is healthy and an acceptable way to pursue one's interests and settle disputes. In other words, although some things are guaranteed, other things must be competed for...and I assert that such competitions ought to be voluntary and consensual, where all candidate participants are clearly notified about the competition and allowed to choose whether to participate or not, eligibility permitting.
> >
> > So, my birthday wish for me this year is one I will "do myself": In accordance with my birthday wish, I am sending out this message to ethical computer-science and other firms requesting that such firms seeking to compete with their competitors in an ethical way reach out to me to consider either offering me a job or seeking to secure my intellectual property via purchase. The best way to compete alongside or against me or anyone else in the US who, like me, is a law-abiding citizen and an adult with a non-problematic criminal record (I actually have no criminal record at all) is to simply "invite me to the competition"--i.e., ask to consider purchasing my IP or hiring me.
> >
> > Thanks for reading! I am trying to have a relaxing birthday this year. It looks like I am getting kind of old.
> >
> > -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)
> >
> Happy birthday !!!
>
> --
> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott
>
> Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> Genius hits a target no one else can see.
> Arthur Schopenhauer

(My previous message was apparently shot down. Here it is again...)

Thanks for thinking of me. I remember that you mentioned your cancer-related illness, and I hope that your health will improve this holiday season.

Best wishes,
Philip

Re: Today is my 35th birthday. FLIPI Index

<PYidnZ5wKN3lMjP8nZ2dnUU7-d3NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=24339&group=comp.theory#24339

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 18:48:52 -0600
Subject: Re: Today is my 35th birthday. FLIPI Index
Newsgroups: comp.theory
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 00:48 UTC

On 12/6/2021 6:28 PM, B.H. wrote:
> On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 1:12:46 PM UTC-5, olcott wrote:
>> On 12/6/2021 11:54 AM, B.H. wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> Just in the spirit of discussing things I'd like to talk about that are relevant a little bit, since it's my birthday, I though I would just take a moment to express a philosophical belief I hold about competition:
>>>
>>> Basically, I am very OK with the idea that consensual competition is healthy and an acceptable way to pursue one's interests and settle disputes. In other words, although some things are guaranteed, other things must be competed for...and I assert that such competitions ought to be voluntary and consensual, where all candidate participants are clearly notified about the competition and allowed to choose whether to participate or not, eligibility permitting.
>>>
>>> So, my birthday wish for me this year is one I will "do myself": In accordance with my birthday wish, I am sending out this message to ethical computer-science and other firms requesting that such firms seeking to compete with their competitors in an ethical way reach out to me to consider either offering me a job or seeking to secure my intellectual property via purchase. The best way to compete alongside or against me or anyone else in the US who, like me, is a law-abiding citizen and an adult with a non-problematic criminal record (I actually have no criminal record at all) is to simply "invite me to the competition"--i.e., ask to consider purchasing my IP or hiring me.
>>>
>>> Thanks for reading! I am trying to have a relaxing birthday this year. It looks like I am getting kind of old.
>>>
>>> -Philip White (philip...@yahoo.com)
>>>
>> Happy birthday !!!
>>
>> --
>> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott
>>
>> Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
>> Genius hits a target no one else can see.
>> Arthur Schopenhauer
>

> Thanks for thinking of me. I remember that you mentioned your cancer-related illness, and I hope that your health will improve this holiday season.
>
> Best wishes,
> Philip

According to the official FLIPI index I have one year left if covid-19
does not kill me first. Chemotherapy tends to cancel vaccine efficacy.

The immunocompromised (such as Chemotherapy patients) have a 17-fold
greater breakthrough infection rate and 450% higher mortality rate.

https://www.mdcalc.com/follicular-lymphoma-international-prognostic-index-flipi

--
Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott

Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Re: Today is my 35th birthday. FLIPI Index

<08146414-d2ba-4b4f-a984-fa17962b5285n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=24340&group=comp.theory#24340

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 18:38:13 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 02:38 UTC

On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 7:56:27 PM UTC-5, olcott wrote:
> On 12/6/2021 6:28 PM, B.H. wrote:

> >> Happy birthday !!!
> >>
> >> --
> >> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott
> >>
> >> Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> >> Genius hits a target no one else can see.
> >> Arthur Schopenhauer
> >

> > Thanks for thinking of me. I remember that you mentioned your cancer-related illness, and I hope that your health will improve this holiday season..
> >
> > Best wishes,
> > Philip
> >
> According to the official FLIPI index I have one year left if covid-19
> does not kill me first. Chemotherapy tends to cancel vaccine efficacy.
>
> The immunocompromised (such as Chemotherapy patients) have a 17-fold
> greater breakthrough infection rate and 450% higher mortality rate.
>
> https://www.mdcalc.com/follicular-lymphoma-international-prognostic-index-flipi
> --
> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott
>
> Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
> Genius hits a target no one else can see.
> Arthur Schopenhauer

Ouch. I have no formal training in biology/medicine, but even if there is a long wait for a cancer cure for any reason, it ought to be possible to bring all people who pass away back to life somday. I am saying this in the spirit of being supportive, and I hope I'm not bothering you by mentioning it...I read something about the preservation of matter and information in a physics book a while ago, and although I'm rusty on most of my physics reading/studying and definitely haven't completed my own ideas on curing diseases and/or bringing people back from the dead, I'm almost positive, based on some secret STEM-related understandings of mine, that one day, science/technology will advance enough to make death a thing of the past and resurrection possible, even if any individual religious paradigm is wrong, my physics/chemistry/etc. theory of everything is irreperably flawed, and full preservation of people's bodies hasn't been possible.

As far as I know you're likely to be a virtuous person, so aside from any unpleasant pain (I don't know much about this in medical situations), you shouldn't suffer for long and should be able to come back someday.

Again, I hope you don't think I'm trying to be weird. Of course you can't independently confirm what I'm saying and I'm not very "authoritatively credentialed"...I'm intending to try to help you feel better about what must be a difficult time for you although I don't know you well, since there should be good news in the (possibly distant) future when science improves.

-Philip

Re: Today is my 35th birthday. FLIPI Index

<0cSdnYACE66ARDP8nZ2dnUU7-KOdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=24341&group=comp.theory#24341

Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 21:46:35 -0600
Newsgroups: comp.theory
From: NoO...@NoWhere.com (olcott)
 by: olcott - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 03:46 UTC

On 12/6/2021 8:38 PM, B.H. wrote:
> On Monday, December 6, 2021 at 7:56:27 PM UTC-5, olcott wrote:

>>> Thanks for thinking of me. I remember that you mentioned your cancer-related illness, and I hope that your health will improve this holiday season.
>>>
>>> Best wishes,
>>> Philip
>>>
>> According to the official FLIPI index I have one year left if covid-19
>> does not kill me first. Chemotherapy tends to cancel vaccine efficacy.
>>
>> The immunocompromised (such as Chemotherapy patients) have a 17-fold
>> greater breakthrough infection rate and 450% higher mortality rate.
>>
>> https://www.mdcalc.com/follicular-lymphoma-international-prognostic-index-flipi
>> --
>> Copyright 2021 Pete Olcott
>>
>> Talent hits a target no one else can hit;
>> Genius hits a target no one else can see.
>> Arthur Schopenhauer
>

> Ouch. I have no formal training in biology/medicine, but even if there is a long wait for a cancer cure for any reason, it ought to be possible to bring all people who pass away back to life somday. I am saying this in the spirit of being supportive, and I hope I'm not bothering you by mentioning it...I read something about the preservation of matter and information in a physics book a while ago, and although I'm rusty on most of my physics reading/studying and definitely haven't completed my own ideas on curing diseases and/or bringing people back from the dead, I'm almost positive, based on some secret STEM-related understandings of mine, that one day, science/technology will advance enough to make death a thing of the past and resurrection possible, even if any individual religious paradigm is wrong, my physics/chemistry/etc. theory of everything is irreperably flawed, and full preservation of people's bodies hasn't been possible.
>
> As far as I know you're likely to be a virtuous person, so aside from any unpleasant pain (I don't know much about this in medical situations), you shouldn't suffer for long and should be able to come back someday.
>
> Again, I hope you don't think I'm trying to be weird. Of course you can't independently confirm what I'm saying and I'm not very "authoritatively credentialed"...I'm intending to try to help you feel better about what must be a difficult time for you although I don't know you well, since there should be good news in the (possibly distant) future when science improves.
>
> -Philip

Thanks for your words of support.
Again happy birthday !