Presidency: The greased pig in the field game of American politics. -- Ambrose Bierce

computers / comp.mobile.ipad / Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to Hemidactylus

SubjectAuthor
* Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to HemidactylusWally J
+- Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue"Alan
`* Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to Hemidactynospam
 `* Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to HemidactyWally J
  +* Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to Hemidactynospam
  |`* Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to HemidactyWally J
  | `- Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue"Alan
  `- Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue"Alan

1
Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to Hemidactylus

<ua3an3$3rp11$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2432&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2432

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to Hemidactylus
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 11:20:52 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 15:20 UTC

*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote

> Kook. Not sure if your institution let you near online devices to again
> become a public nuisance. They might want to rethink that and hire more
> mental health techs and guards moving forward.

Note that I mention that Apple sells yellow iPhones.
Even providing the link to the Apple youtube video about them.
*And you call that fact a mental health issue.*

Why?

Note that I mention that Apple removed the battery from the box.
Saying that they did it for the environment.
*And you call that fact a mental health issue.*

Note that I mention that Apple removed the headphone jack.
Saying that they did it to be "courageously" ahead of their time.
*And you call that fact a mental health issue.*

Why is it that _everything_ Apple does, you call a mental health issue?
Can it simply be that you _hate_ every fact about what Apple actually does?

Want more facts about what Apple actually does Hemidactylus?

Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to Hemidactylus

<ua3ebl$2li5i$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2434&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2434

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue"
to Hemidactylus
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 09:22:13 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 16:22 UTC

On 2023-07-29 08:20, Wally J wrote:
> *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote
>
>> Kook. Not sure if your institution let you near online devices to again
>> become a public nuisance. They might want to rethink that and hire more
>> mental health techs and guards moving forward.
>
> Note that I mention that Apple sells yellow iPhones.
> Even providing the link to the Apple youtube video about them.
> *And you call that fact a mental health issue.*

He didn't call that a mental health issue, Arlen.

> Why?
>
> Note that I mention that Apple removed the battery from the box.
> Saying that they did it for the environment.
> *And you call that fact a mental health issue.*
>
> Note that I mention that Apple removed the headphone jack.
> Saying that they did it to be "courageously" ahead of their time.
> *And you call that fact a mental health issue.*
>
> Why is it that _everything_ Apple does, you call a mental health issue?
> Can it simply be that you _hate_ every fact about what Apple actually does?
>
> Want more facts about what Apple actually does Hemidactylus?

Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to Hemidactylus

<290720231415443372%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2438&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2438

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 14:15:44 -0400
 by: nospam - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 18:15 UTC

In article <ua3an3$3rp11$1@paganini.bofh.team>, Wally J
<walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:

> Note that I mention that Apple sells yellow iPhones.

so did htc, motorola and other companies.

<https://i.insider.com/50bf83386bb3f77b7f000005>

<https://i0.wp.com/cdnssl.ubergizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/motor
ola-moto-g-2nd-gen-hands-on-5.jpg>

in fact, the motorola x was available in an unmanageable rainbow of
colours:
<https://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3008485/HT_moto_x_smartphone_colors_
thg_130801_16x9_992__1_.jpg>

some people like yellow.

> Note that I mention that Apple removed the battery from the box.

there never was a battery in the box to remove.

perhaps you're confused with the cheap christmas toys you wish you had
because your parents ignored you.

> Note that I mention that Apple removed the headphone jack.

only the analog one, because the digital one was more functional and
there's no need for two.

the first android phone didn't have an analog headphone jack.

several more android phones did not have an analog headphone jack
*before* apple.

Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to Hemidactylus

<ua3s04$bqtb$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2440&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2440

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 16:15:49 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 20:15 UTC

nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote

> the first android phone didn't have an analog headphone jack.

Given almost all Androids still have the rather functional jack,
your arguments are ridiculous (because you just make them up).

Saying the latest iPhone is no improvement on the first Android
is also a patently ridiculous argument only you could come up with.

The iPhone is _less functional_ without the headphone jack, nospam.

There is nothing a phone without the jack can do that the phone with teh
jack can't do - and - the phone with the jack can clearly do more.

That's just a fact.
The real problem is you folks _hate_ all factual truths about Apple.

Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to Hemidactylus

<290720231629214994%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2441&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2441

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 16:29:21 -0400
 by: nospam - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 20:29 UTC

In article <ua3s04$bqtb$1@paganini.bofh.team>, Wally J
<walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:

> Given almost all Androids still have the rather functional jack,

not the ones that actually sell in large volumes.

this has been explained to you before but as always, you ignore it to
continue with your trolling.

Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to Hemidactylus

<ua3t6r$2mvsf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2442&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2442

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
to Hemidactylus
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 13:35:38 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 20:35 UTC

On 2023-07-29 13:15, Wally J wrote:
> nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote
>
>> the first android phone didn't have an analog headphone jack.
>
> Given almost all Androids still have the rather functional jack,
> your arguments are ridiculous (because you just make them up).

GSMArena shows that there are 1366 Android phones from 2021-2023.

Of those, 956 have a 3.5mm headphone jack.

70% is not "almost all", Arlen.

Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to Hemidactylus

<ua4474$jefq$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2443&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2443

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 18:36:06 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 22:36 UTC

nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote

>> Given almost all Androids still have the rather functional jack,
>
> not the ones that actually sell in large volumes.

By removing the jack and saying it was "courageous", Apple is extremely
obviously very clearly saying that it thinks its customer base is stupid.

Your excuse that removing the port "adds functionality" is ridiculous.
Don't you ever think before you make up excuses for bad behaviors of Apple?

Given almost every Android phone (except for the few copying Apple's model)
has the functional jack, combined they sell in large volumes, nospam.

The result is that almost every phone ever sold has the jack.
Except the poor (rather stupid) iPhone owners.

Re: Why is it that EVERYTHING APPLE DOES is a "mental health issue" to Hemidactylus

<ua46mg$2npp7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2444&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2444

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system
to Hemidactylus
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 16:17:36 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 23:17 UTC

On 2023-07-29 15:36, Wally J wrote:
> nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote
>
>>> Given almost all Androids still have the rather functional jack,
>>
>> not the ones that actually sell in large volumes.
>
> By removing the jack and saying it was "courageous", Apple is extremely
> obviously very clearly saying that it thinks its customer base is stupid.
>
> Your excuse that removing the port "adds functionality" is ridiculous.
> Don't you ever think before you make up excuses for bad behaviors of Apple?

No one has said that removing the port adds functionality, Arlen.

> Given almost every Android phone (except for the few copying Apple's model)
> has the functional jack, combined they sell in large volumes, nospam.

Most high-end phones are going away from an analog headphone jack.

> The result is that almost every phone ever sold has the jack.
> Except the poor (rather stupid) iPhone owners.

There are (according to GSMArena) 298 phones available from 2021 to
today that are in the same price range as Apple's iPhones.

Of those, only 69—less than 25%—have analog headphone jacks.