From: arl_123...@hotmail.com (J.B. Wood)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: Xfinity Mobile
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 08:07:52 -0400
 by: J.B. Wood - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 12:07 UTC

Hello, all. As an Xfinity CATV subscriber I recently received an offer
for Xfinity Mobile phone service (I currently have Verizon) that
includes a free Motorola One 5G Ace phone for new subscribers. Has
anyone taken this offer? Your comment is greatly appreciated. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com

Re: Xfinity Mobile

<sercps$aip$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=244&group=alt.online-service.comcast#244

From: ahk...@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: Re: Xfinity Mobile
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 14:06:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 14:06 UTC

J.B. Wood <arl_123234@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello, all. As an Xfinity CATV subscriber I recently received an offer
>for Xfinity Mobile phone service (I currently have Verizon) that
>includes a free Motorola One 5G Ace phone for new subscribers. Has
>anyone taken this offer? Your comment is greatly appreciated. Sincerely,

On my mobile phone, I can control whether I send calls and data to Wifi.
I don't think that's possible with Comcast. I just don't think it's
always cellular phone service but voice and data over Wifi if you are
close enough to a Comcast Wifi signal.

Re: Xfinity Mobile

<CsKdnV0t3_hP_oz8nZ2dnUU7-LfNnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=245&group=alt.online-service.comcast#245

Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
From: roger.wi...@C0MCAST.NET (Roger W)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 13:19:43 -0400
 by: Roger W - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 17:19 UTC

On 8/9/2021 10:06 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> J.B. Wood <arl_123234@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello, all. As an Xfinity CATV subscriber I recently received an offer
>> for Xfinity Mobile phone service (I currently have Verizon) that
>> includes a free Motorola One 5G Ace phone for new subscribers. Has
>> anyone taken this offer? Your comment is greatly appreciated. Sincerely,
> On my mobile phone, I can control whether I send calls and data to Wifi.
> I don't think that's possible with Comcast. I just don't think it's
> always cellular phone service but voice and data over Wifi if you are
> close enough to a Comcast Wifi signal.

Xfinity Voice uses available wifi first but automatically switches to Verizon network if wifi not available. You can also manually disable wifi or Verizon.

Re: Xfinity Mobile

<serqd8$ge9$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=246&group=alt.online-service.comcast#246

From: HapilyRe...@fakeaddress.com (Retirednoguilt)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 13:59:02 -0400
 by: Retirednoguilt - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 17:59 UTC

On 8/9/2021 1:19 PM, Roger W wrote:
> On 8/9/2021 10:06 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
>> J.B. Wood <arl_123234@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, all.  As an Xfinity CATV subscriber I recently received an offer
>>> for Xfinity Mobile phone service (I currently have Verizon) that
>>> includes a free Motorola One 5G Ace phone for new subscribers.  Has
>>> anyone taken this offer?  Your comment is greatly appreciated.
>>> Sincerely,
>> On my mobile phone, I can control whether I send calls and data to Wifi.
>> I don't think that's possible with Comcast. I just don't think it's
>> always cellular phone service but voice and data over Wifi if you are
>> close enough to a Comcast Wifi signal.
>
> Xfinity Voice uses available wifi first but automatically switches to
> Verizon network if wifi not available. You can also manually disable
> wifi or Verizon.

Ironic that Comcast chose to use wireless network of their primary
competitor in the internet and "cable" tv business and why Verizon chose
to enable a prime competitor rather than make it harder for Comcast to
compete with them for wireless customers. Probably explains why I would
have failed as an entrepreneur. Never would have thunk it.

Re: Xfinity Mobile

<ses0j0$9q2$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=247&group=alt.online-service.comcast#247

From: Bea...@invalid.com (Bears)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 15:44:32 -0400
 by: Bears - Mon, 9 Aug 2021 19:44 UTC

On 8/9/21 10:06 AM, this is what Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> J.B. Wood <arl_123234@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello, all. As an Xfinity CATV subscriber I recently received an offer
>> for Xfinity Mobile phone service (I currently have Verizon) that
>> includes a free Motorola One 5G Ace phone for new subscribers. Has
>> anyone taken this offer? Your comment is greatly appreciated. Sincerely,
>
> On my mobile phone, I can control whether I send calls and data to Wifi.
> I don't think that's possible with Comcast. I just don't think it's
> always cellular phone service but voice and data over Wifi if you are
> close enough to a Comcast Wifi signal.

I use T-Mobile for cell and Xfinity for wi-fi at home.
I'm able to use phone over wi-fi maybe not for phone (which I seldom use) but I can use it for text messages SMS which is basically cell as
I understand cell.

--
Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.2 64bit, Dell Inspiron 5570 laptop
Quad Core i7-8550U, 16G Memory, 512G SSD, 750G & 1TB HDDs

Re: Xfinity Mobile

<r5l3hg94ven9nj5v7udla2dj83861g0qi1@4ax.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=248&group=alt.online-service.comcast#248

From: cable_sh...@comcast.net
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2021 18:25:07 -0700
 by: cable_sh...@comcast.net - Tue, 10 Aug 2021 01:25 UTC

On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 13:59:02 -0400, Retirednoguilt
<HapilyRetired@fakeaddress.com> wrote:

>On 8/9/2021 1:19 PM, Roger W wrote:

>>> On my mobile phone, I can control whether I send calls and data to Wifi.
>>> I don't think that's possible with Comcast. I just don't think it's
>>> always cellular phone service but voice and data over Wifi if you are
>>> close enough to a Comcast Wifi signal.
>>
>> Xfinity Voice uses available wifi first but automatically switches to
>> Verizon network if wifi not available. You can also manually disable
>> wifi or Verizon.
>>
>Ironic that Comcast chose to use wireless network of their primary
>competitor in the internet and "cable" tv business and why Verizon chose
>to enable a prime competitor rather than make it harder for Comcast to
>compete with them for wireless customers. Probably explains why I would
>have failed as an entrepreneur. Never would have thunk it.

They all scratch each other's backs. Verizon uses Comcast for cellular
tower backhauls. I remember the employee perks at the time before
Xfnity Mobile included discounts for AT$T Wireless and Verizon
Wireless.