Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad.

computers / comp.mail.sendmail / Re: email not rfc 5322 compliant

SubjectAuthor
* email not rfc 5322 compliantPaul
+- Re: email not rfc 5322 compliantbje
`- Re: email not rfc 5322 compliantD. Stussy

1
email not rfc 5322 compliant

<2f07c1ba-e789-4531-a86d-97285954f7efn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=242&group=comp.mail.sendmail#242

Newsgroups: comp.mail.sendmail
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 00:16:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: email not rfc 5322 compliant
From: paul.kag...@gmail.com (Paul)
 by: Paul - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 07:16 UTC

Hello, I have setup my sendmail in FreeBSD but I am having issues with the sending of messages being flagged as spam by the spam filters. For example, Rspamd or Google, etc..

I have not setup SPF, Dmarc, DKIM on the email but I do know that the email works in the sense it is able to send and receive.

I would like to have it send an email to the customer for example, after a sale that sends them the receipt. It will be from a domain that receives email at a different server. Can I add two ips to SPF? or simply add another entry? Also, is this the only issue? How do I do the dkim?

Re: email not rfc 5322 compliant

<sbhm0k$s25$2@remote6hme0.ripco.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=243&group=comp.mail.sendmail#243

From: bje...@ripco.com
Newsgroups: comp.mail.sendmail
Subject: Re: email not rfc 5322 compliant
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 11:53:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: bje...@ripco.com - Wed, 30 Jun 2021 11:53 UTC

Paul <paul.kagan.81@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I have setup my sendmail in FreeBSD but I am having issues with the
> sending of messages being flagged as spam by the spam filters. For
> example, Rspamd or Google, etc..
>
> I have not setup SPF, Dmarc, DKIM on the email but I do know that the
> email works in the sense it is able to send and receive.
>
> I would like to have it send an email to the customer for example, after a
> sale that sends them the receipt. It will be from a domain that receives
> email at a different server. Can I add two ips to SPF? or simply add
> another entry? Also, is this the only issue? How do I do the dkim?

Just talking out of my ass here but you must have something else majorly
wrong.

Although mailers should at least have SPF and DKIM, I don't think missing
either or both should trigger the mail as spam.

You do know to use either you need access to the mailers zone record for the
domain?

If you can't get SPF to work, trying DKIM is going to blow the back of your
head off.

Here, if you can, try sending one of those receipts to ripco@ripco.com and
if it comes in, I'll see what our servers say about the content and
spammyness of it.

Are you getting the bounces back? Are you checking the headers for any clue
on why the email was rejected?

-bruce
bje@ripco.com

Re: email not rfc 5322 compliant

<sbub7g$fl8$1@server.snarked.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=245&group=comp.mail.sendmail#245

From: spa...@spam.org (D. Stussy)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.sendmail
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2021 00:09:35 -0700
 by: D. Stussy - Mon, 5 Jul 2021 07:09 UTC

"Paul" wrote in message news:2f07c1ba-e789-4531-a86d-97285954f7efn@googlegroups.com...
Hello, I have setup my sendmail in FreeBSD but I am having issues with the sending of messages being flagged as spam by the spam
filters. For example, Rspamd or Google, etc..

I have not setup SPF, Dmarc, DKIM on the email but I do know that the email works in the sense it is able to send and receive.

I would like to have it send an email to the customer for example, after a sale that sends them the receipt. It will be from a
domain that receives email at a different server. Can I add two ips to SPF? or simply add another entry? Also, is this the only
issue? How do I do the dkim?
-------

SPF, DMARC, and DKIM have nothing to do with RFC 5321 or 5322 compliance.

Gmail has a problem with not following the ABNF syntax for messages. THAT would be a compliance issue.