I was attacked by dselect as a small child and have since avoided debian. -- Andrew Morton

computers / comp.mobile.android / WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples

SubjectAuthor
* WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner exAndy Burnelli
+* Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, workingJoerg Lorenz
|+* Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginneAndy Burnelli
||+* Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, workingJoerg Lorenz
|||`- Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginneAndy Burnelli
||`* Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities,Chris
|| `- Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginneAndy Burnelli
|`- Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginneAndy Burnelli
+- Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginneAndy Burnelli
+- Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginneAndy Burnelli
+- Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginneAndy Burnelli
`* Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginneAndy Burnelli
 `- Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, workingMitra Su Arıtma

1
WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples

<sne31h$1i77$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24606&group=comp.mobile.android#24606

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 18:26:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 21 Nov 2021 18:26 UTC

This post took many (many) hours to test & write for your benefit.

Please test & report back (please!) how they work for you!
(It isn't easy figuring this stuff out so I need your help!)

WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples
(please improve by adding more working examples)
Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples
(please improve by adding more working examples)

Note: I haven't found these documented _anywhere_ on the net; have you?
Note: All were successfully tested on my Android 11 Samsung A32 5G.

1. Install "Intent" freeware, by Krow
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=krow.dev.scheme>
Start "Instant Intent" & press the (+) & enter the fields specified below.
Press the airplane arrow icon to open up the specified Activity above.
(Note you can long press in History to save as a Favorite and then copy & paste for future steps.)

a. Action = ACTION.MAIN (android.intent.action.MAIN)
Package Name = com.google.android.gms
Class Name = co.g.Space
Category = CATEGORY.LAUNCHER (android.intent.category.LAUNCHER)

b. Action = ACTION.MAIN (android.intent.action.MAIN)
Package Name = com.google.android.gms
Class Name = com.google.android.gms.ads.settings.AdsSettingsActivity
Category = CATEGORY.LAUNCHER (android.intent.category.LAUNCHER)

c. Action = ACTION.MAIN (android.intent.action.MAIN)
Package Name = com.google.android.gms
Class Name = com.google.android.gms.nearby.exposurenotification.settings.SettingsActivity
Category = CATEGORY.LAUNCHER (android.intent.category.LAUNCHER)

d. Action = ACTION.MAIN (android.intent.action.MAIN)
Package Name = com.android.settings
Class Name = com.android.settings.Settings$WifiCallingSettingsActivity
Category = CATEGORY.LAUNCHER (android.intent.category.LAUNCHER)

e. Action = ACTION.MAIN (android.intent.action.MAIN)
Package Name = com.android.settings
Class Name = com.android.settings.Settings$WifiCallingSettingsActivity
Category = CATEGORY.LAUNCHER (android.intent.category.LAUNCHER)

f. Action = ACTION.MAIN (android.intent.action.MAIN)
Package Name = com.android.settings
Class Name = com.android.settings.wifi.calling.WifiCallingSuggestionActivity
Category = CATEGORY.LAUNCHER (android.intent.category.LAUNCHER)

g. Action = ACTION.MAIN (android.intent.action.MAIN)
Package Name = com.android.settings
Class Name = com.android.settings.notification.history.NotificationHistoryActivity
Category = CATEGORY.LAUNCHER (android.intent.category.LAUNCHER)

h. Action = ACTION.MAIN (android.intent.action.MAIN)
Package Name = com.android.settings
Class Name = com.android.settings.wifi.WifiStatusTest
Category = CATEGORY.LAUNCHER (android.intent.category.LAUNCHER)

i. Action = ACTION.MAIN (android.intent.action.MAIN)
Package Name = com.android.settings
Class Name = com.android.settings.Settings$SecVolumeSettingsActivity
Category = CATEGORY.LAUNCHER (android.intent.category.LAUNCHER)

j. Action = ACTION.MAIN (android.intent.action.MAIN)
Package Name = com.android.settings
Class Name = com.android.settings.Settings$WifiControlHistoryActivity
Category = CATEGORY.LAUNCHER (android.intent.category.LAUNCHER)

k. Action = ACTION.MAIN (android.intent.action.MAIN)
Package Name = com.google.android.gms
Class Name = com.google.android.gms.location.settings.LocationAccuracyActivity
Category = CATEGORY.LAUNCHER (android.intent.category.LAUNCHER)

l. Action = ACTION.MAIN (android.intent.action.MAIN)
Package Name = com.android.settings
Class Name = com.android.settings.accessibility.AccessibilitySettingsForSetupWizardActivity
Category = CATEGORY.LAUNCHER (android.intent.category.LAUNCHER)

m. Action = ACTION.MAIN (android.intent.action.MAIN)
Package Name = com.android.settings
Class Name = com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings$AppMemoryUsageActivity
Category = CATEGORY.LAUNCHER (android.intent.category.LAUNCHER)

2. Copy any of those syntactically correct URI examples above to your clipboard.
a. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.google.android.gms;component=com.google.android.gms/co.g.Space;end
b. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.google.android.gms;component=com.google.android.gms/.ads.settings.AdsSettingsActivity;end
b. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.google.android.gms;component=com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.ads.settings.AdsSettingsActivity;end
c. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.google.android.gms;component=com.google.android.gms/.nearby.exposurenotification.settings.SettingsActivity;end
c. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.google.android.gms;component=com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.nearby.exposurenotification.settings.SettingsActivity;end
d. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.android.settings;component=com.android.settings/.Settings$WifiCallingSettingsActivity;end
d. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.android.settings;component=com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings$WifiCallingSettingsActivity;end
e. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.android.settings;component=com.android.settings/.Settings%24WifiCallingSettingsActivity;end
f. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.android.settings;component=com.android.settings/.wifi.calling.WifiCallingSuggestionActivity;end
g. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.android.settings;component=com.android.settings/.notification.history.NotificationHistoryActivity;end
g. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.android.settings;component=com.android.settings/com.android.settings.notification.history.NotificationHistoryActivity;end
h. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.android.settings;component=com.android.settings/com.android.settings.wifi.WifiStatusTest;end
i. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.android.settings;component=com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings$SecVolumeSettingsActivity;end
j. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.android.settings;component=com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings$WifiControlHistoryActivity;end
k. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.google.android.gms;component=com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.location.settings.LocationAccuracyActivity;end
l. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.android.settings;component=com.android.settings/com.android.settings.accessibility.AccessibilitySettingsForSetupWizardActivity;end
m. intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.android.settings;component=com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings$AppMemoryUsageActivity;end

3. Install "Instant Intent" freeware, by TrianguloY
<https://github.com/TrianguloY/intent>
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trianguloy.instantintent>

4. Start "Instant Intent" & paste any URI above & press "Open Intent".
Each of those examples above should open up the specified Activity below.
a. Google Play services storage (Settings > Apps > Google Play Services > Storage > Manage Storage)
b. Ads (Settings > Privacy > Ads)
c. Exposure Notifications (Settings > Google > Covid-19 Exposure Notifications)
d. Wi-Fi calling (afaik this is a hidden Activity unavailable to users via a menu)
e. Wi-Fi calling (afaik this is a hidden Activity unavailable to users via a menu)
f. Wi-Fi calling (afaik this is a hidden Activity unavailable to users via a menu)
g. Notification history (Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Notification history)
h. WiFi Status (afaik this is a hidden Activity unavailable to users via a menu)
i. Volume (Settings > Sounds and vibration > Volume)
j. Wi-Fi control history (afaik this is a hidden Activity unavailable to users via a menu)
k. Improve Google Location Accuracy (Settings > Location > Google Location Accuracy)
l. Vision Settings (afaik this is a hidden Activity unavailable to users via a menu)
m. Memory usage (afaik this is a hidden Activity unavailable to users via a menu)

Optional:

5. Test by running these commands inside F-Droid Termux on Android.
a. am start -n com.google.android.gms/co.g.Space
b. am start -n com.google.android.gms/.ads.settings.AdsSettingsActivity
c. am start -n com.google.android.gms/.nearby.exposurenotification.settings.SettingsActivity
d. am start -n com.android.settings/.Settings\$WifiCallingSettingsActivity
e. am start -n 'com.android.settings/.Settings$WifiCallingSettingsActivity'
f. am start -n com.android.settings/.wifi.calling.WifiCallingSuggestionActivity
g. am start -n com.android.settings/.notification.history.NotificationHistoryActivity
h. am start -n com.android.settings/com.android.settings.wifi.WifiStatusTest
i. am start -n com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings\$SecVolumeSettingsActivity
j. am start -n com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings\$WifiControlHistoryActivity
k. am start -n com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.location.settings.LocationAccuracyActivity
l. am start -n com.android.settings/com.android.settings.accessibility.AccessibilitySettingsForSetupWizardActivity
m. am start -n com.android.settings/com.android.settings.Settings\$AppMemoryUsageActivity

Click here to read the complete article
Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples

<snfkll$fqk$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24628&group=comp.mobile.android#24628

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working
syntax & beginner examples
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 09:33:57 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 08:33 UTC

Am 21.11.21 um 19:26 schrieb Andy Burnelli:
> This post took many (many) hours to test & write for your benefit.
>
> Please test & report back (please!) how they work for you!
> (It isn't easy figuring this stuff out so I need your help!)
>
> WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples
> (please improve by adding more working examples)
> Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples
> (please improve by adding more working examples)

Arlen/Ragnussen/Newton you go overboard again ...

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples

<snh195$8uo$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24647&group=comp.mobile.android#24647

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 21:15:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 21:15 UTC

On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 09:33:57 +0100, Joerg Lorenz wrote:

> you go overboard again ...

Why do you common worthless trolls feel the need to always prove you don't
have the intelligence or knowledge to (a) even understand the technical
topic, and (b) to add even a single iota of on-topic technical value?
<https://i.postimg.cc/fRkkvRJH/intent01.jpg>

Moving on, if anyone is interested in a FOSS app that is _fantastic_ for
figuring out the intents and activities, those apps referenced in the OP are
golden jewels - which are (trust me) hard to find - truly hard to find.
<https://i.postimg.cc/jS923YfR/intent02.jpg>

Based on the results of the FOSS thread (which was infested by the trolls),
I doubt anyone on this newsgroup has the intelligence to even understand
this topic - but rest assured - it's a boon to efficiency & privacy if you
owned the necessary cognitive skills to comprehend the value of what I
painstakingly compiled for those intelligent enough to understand it.
<https://i.postimg.cc/2SPjFFp6/intent03.jpg>

As always, if anyone can add more value for this topic than I already did,
that would be great (there may only be one or two people on this entire
newsgroup who even understand it though - which is proven in spades by the
recent FOSS thread).
--
For the one or two people on this ng who own the adult cognitive skills
necessary to comprehend and test the tutorial out, please add value.

Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples

<snh1km$gao$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24651&group=comp.mobile.android#24651

From: hugyb...@gmx.ch (Joerg Lorenz)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
syntax & beginner examples
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2021 22:21:26 +0100
 by: Joerg Lorenz - Mon, 22 Nov 2021 21:21 UTC

Am 22.11.21 um 22:15 schrieb Andy Burnelli:
> On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 09:33:57 +0100, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
>
>> you go overboard again ...
>
> Why do you common worthless trolls feel the need to always prove you don't
> have the intelligence or knowledge to (a) even understand the technical
> topic, and (b) to add even a single iota of on-topic technical value?
> <https://i.postimg.cc/fRkkvRJH/intent01.jpg>

You are sick and braindead.

--
De gustibus non est disputandum

Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples

<snjhgm$kag$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24688&group=comp.mobile.android#24688

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities,
working syntax & beginner examples
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 20:04:38 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:BNdLfE3ffIXh3KvVVpZAai68BsE=
 by: Chris - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 20:04 UTC

Andy Burnelli <spam@nospam.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Nov 2021 09:33:57 +0100, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
>
>> you go overboard again ...
>
> Why do you common worthless trolls feel the need to always prove you don't
> have the intelligence or knowledge to (a) even understand the technical
> topic, and (b) to add even a single iota of on-topic technical value?
> <https://i.postimg.cc/fRkkvRJH/intent01.jpg>
>
> Moving on, if anyone is interested in a FOSS app that is _fantastic_ for
> figuring out the intents and activities, those apps referenced in the OP are
> golden jewels - which are (trust me) hard to find - truly hard to find.

If you were genuinely interested in sharing knowledge widely and
collaboratively you'd use better tools than archaic newsgroup posts. Ive
mentioned this to you before but you've refused. There's loads of places to
post stuff anonymously which are then easy to share and to search for.
No-one finds anything on newsgroups.

All that can be surmised is that you're not really interested in sharing
information, it's more about showing off how clever (you think) you are.

Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples

<snjnf9$12ro$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24691&group=comp.mobile.android#24691

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 21:46:19 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Tue, 23 Nov 2021 21:46 UTC

On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 20:04:38 -0000 (UTC), Chris wrote:

> If you were genuinely interested in sharing knowledge widely and
> collaboratively you'd use better tools than archaic newsgroup posts.

Hi Chris,

I treat people who act like adults, as adults.

You deserve adult respect given you are the only one on this newsgroup who
posted to the FOSS thread that owned the adult cognitive skills to
understand the privacy headers hide from "them" and not necessarily from
"you", which I appreciate (as I am dismayed at how fantastically stupid
those trolls are).

What makes you think I'm not on XDA Developers for example?
I've written plenty of tutorials there.

And, in fact, some of the hints for this most recent tutorial came from
there. I've also written tutorials and reviews on Android Central and other
Android forums.

> I've mentioned this to you before but you've refused.

Chris... I'm eminently helpful, and logical.

In fact, I'm in the category of the most helpful people on the Internet, if
I do say so myself (simply because I care to help people).

*How can you say "I refused" when I've been doing it for decades?*

Look at this nav review, for example, from, oh, way back in 2013.
https://androidforums.com/threads/my-test-of-freeware-android-offline-gps-navigation-applications.806872/

I don't remember your suggestion but I've likely been posting tutorials on
all the web sites (don't forget I post tutorials on all the operating
systems I use, Chris, so that's a _lot_ of web sites) for _years_ prior to
you "suggesting" I do that.

Or did you suggest somewhere else than the canonical web sites?

(Do you know how many car web sites I've posted tutorials to? I'm famous on
some of them but I won't tell you who I am for privacy reasons. I'll just
say that when I sell my car they complain I'm no longer there for years
since I know certain cars better'n almost anyone in terms of repair.)

> There's loads of places to
> post stuff anonymously which are then easy to share and to search for.
> No-one finds anything on newsgroups.

Chris.... I've been posting tutorials and DIYs on so many web sites that I
can't count the number. When I was writing white papers, I wrote thousands
for my company, and when I retired, I continued the trend.

I won't say how many because even I can't find them all since they're
scattered about (on purpose) with different login credentials.

Here's a jailbreaking forum of my posts from way back in, oh, 2011.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-to-resolve-locked-up-jailbroken-iphone-stuck-in-recovery-mode-see-pictures.1261360/
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/how-to-unbrick-iphone-tutorial-phone-gets-stuck-restoring.1261633/

I even contemplated changing the IMEI because of AT&T's predatory policies.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/why-i-decided-not-to-change-the-iphone-imei-i-simply-switched-from-at-t-to-t-mobile.1202892/

Point is, I post all over the Internet, for decades, and in a variety of
venues, so for you to claim otherwise simply means that my policy of
changing headers is working quite well - even when I don't hide my style of
posts in the body in the least.

Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples

<snsqam$bkf$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24814&group=comp.mobile.android#24814

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 08:30:15 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sat, 27 Nov 2021 08:30 UTC

While it has been shown that the vast majority of posters to
this newsgroup can't even understand the simple concept
of a FOSS app, the fact is that until someone actually tries
to formulate the correct syntax to set shortcuts to Activities
and Intents, they won't realize how syntactically explicit that task is.

Luckily I found another way to copy and paste correct syntax intents
as shown below in this series of sequential screenshots using App Manager.
<https://i.postimg.cc/3wSkPHnV/intent06.jpg>

The simple steps are:
a. Run the freeware Inspire Zone "Update Software Checker"
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.inspirezone.updatesoftwarechecker>
b. Choose to update any given app that it finds, for example
<make.more.r2d2.cellular_z>
c. The first time you do that, you'll get an "open with" dialog
<https://i.postimg.cc/5NLFjT2Q/intent04.jpg>
d. Choose the MuntashirAkon GitHub "App Manager"
<https://github.com/MuntashirAkon/AppManager>
e. Up will pop useful syntax which you can then copy & paste
<https://i.postimg.cc/Gmj8xDYc/intent05.jpg>

For example:
Action = android.intent.action.VIEW
Data = market://details?id=make.more.r2d2.cellular_z
MIME type = <blank>
URI = intent://details?id=make.more.r2d2.cellular_z#intent;scheme=market;launchFlags=0x3000000;end
Categories =
Flags =
FLAG_ACTIVITY_PREVIOUS_IS_TOP
FLAG_ACTIVITY_FORWARD_RESULT
Extras = <blank>
Matching Activities =
Google Play Store
com.android.vending com.google.android.finsky.activities.
MarketDeepLinkHandlerActivity

Galaxy Store
com.sec.android.app.samsungapps
com.sec.android.app.samsungapps.
MainForPlayStore

F-Droid
org.fdroid.fdroid
org.fdroid.fdroid.views.main.MainActivity

Interceptor
io.github.muntashirakon.AppManager
io.github.muntashirakon.AppManager.intercept.ActivityInterceptor

As always, at least based on the results from the FOSS thread, almost
nobody on this newsgroup has the intelligence or knowledge to add
any on-topic value, but I post this in the hopes that there is at
least one person on this newsgroup who knows more than I do, who
has a good heart and who has the intelligence & knowledge to help.

Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples

<so17kp$1tdg$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24896&group=comp.mobile.android#24896

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2021 00:42:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 29 Nov 2021 00:42 UTC

Here is another way to obtain the correct (complex) shortcut URI syntax.

Android11:Settings > Google > Firebase App Indexing >
> (pick one in the list, e.g., Google, GPS, Maps, T-Mobile, textPlus, etc.)
> (then long press on one result in that next listing)
That results in "Indexable Details" showing proper URI syntax for shortcuts.
<https://i.postimg.cc/QtfJ59LP/firebase02.jpg>

Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples

<sp5d8v$3go$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=25428&group=comp.mobile.android#25428

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 17:58:56 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 17:58 UTC

UPDATE:

Following this tutorial anyone can create one-tap desktop shortcuts to any
Activity on Android, which includes many secretly hidden useful Activities.

To that end, please see this recommended FOSS app to identify the (often
secret and hidden) activities, as discussed in this XDA-Developers' article.
*Here's how to Access Hidden Settings on your Phone*
<https://www.xda-developers.com/heres-how-to-access-hidden-settings-on-your-phone/>

The FOSS app they suggested to find hidden inaccessible settings is this.
*Activity Launcher* by Adam Szalkowski
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.szalkowski.activitylauncher>

For example, the XDA-Developers said that exposes this hidden Activity
com.android.settings.Settings$NotificationStationActivity
"Since Android 4.3, Google has tucked away a hidden settings page
called the Notification log that lists every notification received
with the notification�s title, status bar icon, originating app,
and time the notification was posted."

Another hidden secret inaccessible settings page they talk about is
com.android.settings.TestingSettings
"Within the settings screen here, you are able to view detailed information
about your current cellular and WiFi collection...for instance, you can
see a list of nearby cellular towers... your signal strength, and some
network testing information such as successful packets sent/received.
In addition, you can set your preferred network type, disable the cellular
radio (effectively the same as enabling airplane mode, without toggling
WiFi/Bluetooth), and change some other network settings."

Another useful hidden secret Activity they discuss in that article is
com.android.settings.UsageStatsActivity
"Here, we have a page that provides us some basic information about how
much time we spend using certain apps. Android logs and lists your app
usage and allows you to sort by usage time, last time the app was used,
or by app name. It�s a quick and easy way to see what apps you regularly
use without having to give permission to a third party app to track your
habits. And yes, it persists across reboots."

Another potentially useful secret Activity you can access this way is
com.android.settings.wifi.WifiInfo
"The WiFi Config page provides a ton of information about your currently
configured WiFi networks... [and] the Wifi Status page... allows you to
run a quick ping test to test your connection."

They then go on to highlight some useful manufacturer specific Activities,
which I'll leave out of this post as I'm trying to help the general user.
--
Those with a good heart are the ones who continually add value to Usenet.

Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples

<sp5gi0$1l6f$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=25430&group=comp.mobile.android#25430

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2021 18:54:57 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Sun, 12 Dec 2021 18:54 UTC

Because I'm a kind-hearted good person, for this recent thread today
*December Android Update?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/styWUWOxyX0>

And given I already have set one-tap shortcuts to useful hidden settings.
*Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/dj1OYyp6FOI/m/tY0STSUIBgAJ>

I was looking up how all the _others_ could access hidden update settings
*Here's how to Access Hidden Settings on your Phone*
<https://www.xda-developers.com/heres-how-to-access-hidden-settings-on-your-phone/>

If you need to access _hidden_ Android settings (such as update settings),
this FOSS app is recommended in that XDA-Developers' explanation above.
*Activity Launcher* by Adam Szalkowski
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.szalkowski.activitylauncher>

I looked to see if I had that FOSS app in my folder of shortcuts for one-tap
useful Activity & Intent utilities, and saw that I already had it installed.

However, given I've performed hundreds of hours of testing, the value I can
import to others like Joerg Lorenz & Chris is in the final tally of the
useful apps that allow anyone (even them!) to access these hidden settings.

While there are _many_ similar apps found in searches, most have ads or are
otherwise obnoxious, where out of the goodness of my heart, I've listed
below the key activity apps I use (I'm not sure if they're all FOSS though).

(These are helpfully listed in the order I use them based on my use model.)

Icon named "Shortcut Widgets" [aka com.cemique.shortcutwidgets]
*Shortcut Widgets (+ Inspector)* by Hamed Nikbakht
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cemique.shortcutwidgets>

Icon named "Activitie" [aka com.cunnj.activitylauncher]
*Activities* by J. Cunningham
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cunnj.activitylauncher>

Icon named "X Shortcut Creator" [aka com.oldmen.shortcutcreator]
*X Shortcut Creator* by oldmen
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oldmen.shortcutcreator>

Icon named "Activity Launcher" [aka de.szalkowski.activitylauncher]
*Activity Launcher* by Adam Szalkowski
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.szalkowski.activitylauncher>

Icon named "Shortcut Maker" [aka rk.android.app.shortcutmaker]
*Shortcut Maker* by Rushikesh Kamewar
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rk.android.app.shortcutmaker>

Icon named "Create Shortcut" [aka com.alextern.shortcuthelper]
*Shortcut Creator* by AlexTernHome
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alextern.shortcuthelper>
ShortcutExecutors [aka com.alextern.shortcutexecutors]
*Shortcut Executors* by AlexTernHome
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alextern.shortcutexecutors>

Icon named "QuickShortcutMaker" [aka com.sika524.android.quickshortcut]
*QuickShortcutMaker* by sika524
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sika524.android.quickshortcut>

Icon named "Instant Intent" [aka com.trianguloy.instantintent]
*Instant Intent [Experiment]* by TrianguloY
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trianguloy.instantintent>

Icon named "Intents" [aka krow.dev.scheme]
*Intent* by krow
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=krow.dev.scheme>

Icon named "CurrentActivity" [aka com.willme.topactivity]
*Current Activity* by WillLi
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.willme.topactivity>

Each of the apps above does something useful that the others don't do.
--
What matters isn't the wrapping paper but the worth of the gift inside.
Those with a good heart are the ones who continually add value to Usenet.

Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples

<t46en8$13l7$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31182&group=comp.mobile.android#31182

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 16:28:57 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 15:28 UTC

UPDATE:
<https://i.postimg.cc/0NhFk5J2/adid01.jpg> Doubletap to Reset AD ID
<https://i.postimg.cc/qq4MPH3W/adid02.jpg> Set doubletap to any Activity
<https://i.postimg.cc/t4YpKqZ2/adid03.jpg> Calling an Intent with a URI
<https://i.postimg.cc/X7vb5j84/adid04.jpg> Calling an Intent with a GUI

Today I tested Android 11 as per this thread to make the doubletap
on the back of the phone bring up the Activity to reset the ad id.
*Back Tap on iPhone (built-in, but hidden). Tap Tap App on Android (side-loaded app)*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/L1WglfAJdBM>

I am setting up a doubletap to reset the Android Advertising ID:
<https://i.postimg.cc/wvsbcNBz/scrcpy05.jpg> Drag APK from Windows
<https://i.postimg.cc/9FJMKYch/scrcpy21.jpg> Windows Drive: === Android

In doing so, one important, minor, but not obvious syntax change I
ran into since I had last tested the Activities and Intents URIs
is that the capital "I" is apparently now required in "Intent".

This worked in the past to bring up the "Reset Advertising ID" Activity:
intent:#intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.google.android.gms;component=com.google.android.gms/.ads.settings.AdsSettingsActivity;end

But I found out today that the "I" in "#Intent" must now be capitalized.
intent:#Intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.google.android.gms;component=com.google.android.gms/.ads.settings.AdsSettingsActivity;end

1. Install "Intent" freeware, by Krow
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=krow.dev.scheme>
Start "Instant Intent" & press the (+) & enter the fields specified below.
Press the paper airplane arrow icon to open up the specified Activity above.
(Note you can long press in History to save as a Favorite and then copy & paste for future steps.)

a. Action = ACTION.MAIN (android.intent.action.MAIN)
Package Name = com.google.android.gms
Class Name = co.g.Space
Category = CATEGORY.LAUNCHER (android.intent.category.LAUNCHER)

a. Action = ACTION.MAIN (android.intent.action.MAIN)
Package Name = com.google.android.gms
Class Name = com.google.android.gms.upate.SystemUpdateActivity
Category = CATEGORY.LAUNCHER (android.intent.category.LAUNCHER)

a. Action = ACTION.MAIN (android.intent.action.MAIN)
Package Name = com.android.settings
Class Name = com.android.settings.Settings$SoftwareUpdateSettingsActivity
[...]

a. intent:#Intent;action=android.intent.action.MAIN;category=android.intent.category.LAUNCHER;package=com.google.android.gms;component=com.google.android.gms.upate.SystemUpdateActivity/co.g.Space;end
[...]

<t4b8vt$nom$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=31265&group=comp.mobile.android#31265

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 12:21:50 +0100
 by: Andy Burnelli - Wed, 27 Apr 2022 11:21 UTC

To update the permanent record with useful cross references, I was researching how to reset all the identifying IDs in Android when I ran into this reference related to shortcuts to Android Activities & Android Intents.
*How to reset Google Advertising ID in Android Programmatically?*
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40409471/how-to-reset-google-advertising-id-in-android-programmatically>
which shows that the Advertising ID is stored in this system location:
rm -f /data/data/com.google.android.gms/shared_prefs/adid_settings.xml

Where this sequence automatically taps the buttons (which is neat!):
adb root
adb shell am start -n com.google.android.gms/.ads.settings.AdsSettingsActivity
adb shell su root input tap 100 100
adb shell su root input tap 280 360

That cross referenced this article which shows that the Nova Launcher already
allows you to create shortcuts to Activities within apps, such as that one.
*Go Directly From Your Android Home Screen*
*to Screens Within an App*
*With Activity Shortcuts*
<https://www.howtogeek.com/169408/go-directly-from-your-android-home-screen-to-screens-within-an-app-with-activity-shortcuts/>
"Third-party launchers often have built-in support for easily creating
activity shortcuts. We�ll be illustrating this with the popular Nova
Launcher, but it will work similarly on many other launchers."

To create an Activity with Nova you just long press on the home screen
to select "Widgets", one of which will be "Nova Activities" which,
contrary to what it says in that article, you can put in a folder.

Re: WIP Tutorial: Opening Android intents & activities, working syntax & beginner examples

<d9f5d66d-f243-430e-a98e-5b3859cfa270n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=35327&group=comp.mobile.android#35327

Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 16:11:39 -0800 (PST)
syntax & beginner examples
From: mitrasua...@gmail.com (Mitra Su Arıtma)
 by: Mitra Su Arıtma - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 00:11 UTC

https://suaritmacihazi.godaddysites.com/
https://izmirsuaritma.weebly.com/
https://izmirsuaritma-servisi.jimdosite.com/
https://ihlassuaritmacihazi.wixsite.com/ihlassuaritmacihazi/