Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
From: nom...@example.com (Rob)
Subject: Android TV Youtube app
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 18:23:49 +0100
 by: Rob - Wed, 24 Nov 2021 17:23 UTC

I see no specific newsgroup for Android TV so I'll try it here..

I have an Android-based smart TV which has a Youtube app.
When a video offers subtitling it always puts some (seemingly random)
subtitle language on the screen. In my Youtube account I have configured
that I do not want subtitles, and on the PC client that works fine.
I cannot find this selection in Android TV.

Every time I need to go to the settings of the video and select "none"
for subtitles. Is there any way to save this setting so it applies
to new videos that I play?