"I'm not afraid of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens." -- Woody Allen

computers / comp.os.vms / Re: VMS Roadmap suggestions

SubjectAuthor
* VMS Roadmap suggestionsSimon Clubley
`* Re: VMS Roadmap suggestionsJan-Erik Söderholm
 `* Re: VMS Roadmap suggestionsSimon Clubley
  `* Re: VMS Roadmap suggestionsSimon Clubley
   `* Re: VMS Roadmap suggestionsArne Vajhøj
    +* Re: VMS Roadmap suggestionsJan-Erik Söderholm
    |`- Re: VMS Roadmap suggestionsSimon Clubley
    `- Re: VMS Roadmap suggestionsSimon Clubley

1
VMS Roadmap suggestions

<tf7vr3$3v3f5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24728&group=comp.os.vms#24728

From: club...@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP (Simon Clubley)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Subject: VMS Roadmap suggestions
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2022 17:25:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Simon Clubley - Tue, 6 Sep 2022 17:25 UTC

I've just looked at the roadmap again and I can't tell what is new, or
how old and stale the roadmap might be. I have some suggestions:

1) Place the last updated date on the first page and update it at least
once per month. If you have nothing new to say, make it a last reviewed
date instead, so we know someone within VSI has looked at the roadmap
within the last month and declared it to be current.

2) If you add something new to the roadmap, highlight it in green until
the roadmap changes again, at which point it is no longer new.

3) If you remove something from the roadmap, leave it there but highlight
it in red so we know it has been removed.

4) Optional: If a target date changes for a goal, highlight the new date
in yellow until the roadmap is changed again.

I've listed these in order of descending importance and getting a last
updated or last reviewed date on the roadmap is easily the most important,
IMHO.

Comments ?

Simon.

Re: VMS Roadmap suggestions

<tf8hqb$u0l$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24731&group=comp.os.vms#24731

From: jan-erik...@telia.com (Jan-Erik Söderholm)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Subject: Re: VMS Roadmap suggestions
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 00:32:44 +0200
 by: Jan-Erik Söderholm - Tue, 6 Sep 2022 22:32 UTC

Den 2022-09-06 kl. 19:25, skrev Simon Clubley:
> I've just looked at the roadmap again and I can't tell what is new, or
> how old and stale the roadmap might be. I have some suggestions:
>
> 1) Place the last updated date on the first page and update it at least
> once per month. If you have nothing new to say, make it a last reviewed
> date instead, so we know someone within VSI has looked at the roadmap
> within the last month and declared it to be current.
>
> 2) If you add something new to the roadmap, highlight it in green until
> the roadmap changes again, at which point it is no longer new.
>
> 3) If you remove something from the roadmap, leave it there but highlight
> it in red so we know it has been removed.
>
> 4) Optional: If a target date changes for a goal, highlight the new date
> in yellow until the roadmap is changed again.
>
> I've listed these in order of descending importance and getting a last
> updated or last reviewed date on the roadmap is easily the most important,
> IMHO.
>
> Comments ?
>
> Simon.

Fully agree on all points.
Can just be a couple of hours of work...

Jan-Erik.

Re: VMS Roadmap suggestions

<tfaloq$9kd8$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24737&group=comp.os.vms#24737

From: club...@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP (Simon Clubley)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 17:52:26 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Simon Clubley - Wed, 7 Sep 2022 17:52 UTC

On 2022-09-06, Jan-Erik Söderholm <jan-erik.soderholm@telia.com> wrote:

> Fully agree on all points.
> Can just be a couple of hours of work...

Since there have been no further comments, I've submitted my suggestions
via the VSI website so hopefully there's someone at the other end of the
contact page form that will read them (and equally hopefully act on them.)

Simon.

Re: VMS Roadmap suggestions

<tffur9$13kj6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24747&group=comp.os.vms#24747

From: club...@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP (Simon Clubley)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 17:58:02 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Simon Clubley - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 17:58 UTC

On 2022-09-07, Simon Clubley <clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP> wrote:
> On 2022-09-06, Jan-Erik Söderholm <jan-erik.soderholm@telia.com> wrote:
>>
>> Fully agree on all points.
>> Can just be a couple of hours of work...
>>

> Since there have been no further comments, I've submitted my suggestions
> via the VSI website so hopefully there's someone at the other end of the
> contact page form that will read them (and equally hopefully act on them.)

I got a response from a VSI employee who said my comments will be passed
along to management.

BTW, is VSI's European operation now based in Denmark instead of Sweden ?

Simon.

Re: VMS Roadmap suggestions

<631b82fc$0$704$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24748&group=comp.os.vms#24748

Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2022 14:16:20 -0400
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
From: arn...@vajhoej.dk (Arne Vajhøj)
 by: Arne Vajhøj - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 18:16 UTC

On 9/9/2022 1:58 PM, Simon Clubley wrote:
> BTW, is VSI's European operation now based in Denmark instead of Sweden ?

Their "contact us" page list an address in downtown Copenhagen.

<quote>
Europe Address:

Bryghuspladsen 8, 402
DK-1473 Copenhagen
Denmark
</quote>

But in the IT industry today the mailing address does not necessarily
tell much about where the staff is physical located.

Arne

Re: VMS Roadmap suggestions

<tfgh34$vt9k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24749&group=comp.os.vms#24749

From: jan-erik...@telia.com (Jan-Erik Söderholm)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 01:09:24 +0200
 by: Jan-Erik Söderholm - Fri, 9 Sep 2022 23:09 UTC

Den 2022-09-09 kl. 20:16, skrev Arne Vajhøj:
> On 9/9/2022 1:58 PM, Simon Clubley wrote:
>> BTW, is VSI's European operation now based in Denmark instead of Sweden ?
>
> Their "contact us" page list an address in downtown Copenhagen.
>
> <quote>
> Europe Address:
>
> Bryghuspladsen 8, 402
> DK-1473 Copenhagen
> Denmark

Which is the same address as "Energy Machines" which is another
of VSI main investors, Johan Gedda, companies.

But Energy Machines also have an address in Malmö, Sweden
which they (at least before) shared with VSI.

Now, Energy Machines also has an address in Gothenburg. No idea
if the VSI people also has followed there, or if they just
moved over the bridge to Copenhagen.

Now, in Europe, VSI is acting under it's parent company, Teracloud.
And Teracloud has an address in Malmö, where an search site also
placed Energy Machines at the same address. And it seems to be the
same location as where I visited VSI's office a couple of years ago.

It is a complicated company structure.

> </quote>
>
> But in the IT industry today the mailing address does not necessarily
> tell much about where the staff is physical located.

Right. One contact I had at VSI is located in Gothenburg.
So yes, your office can be anyware today...

> Arne

Re: VMS Roadmap suggestions

<tfn9e1$28nma$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24762&group=comp.os.vms#24762

From: club...@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP (Simon Clubley)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 12:41:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Simon Clubley - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 12:41 UTC

On 2022-09-09, Arne Vajhøj <arne@vajhoej.dk> wrote:
> On 9/9/2022 1:58 PM, Simon Clubley wrote:
>> BTW, is VSI's European operation now based in Denmark instead of Sweden ?
>
> Their "contact us" page list an address in downtown Copenhagen.
>
><quote>
> Europe Address:
>
> Bryghuspladsen 8, 402
> DK-1473 Copenhagen
> Denmark
></quote>
>
> But in the IT industry today the mailing address does not necessarily
> tell much about where the staff is physical located.

Yes. The reason I asked is because the person who replied had a Denmark
address in their email signature.

Simon.

Re: VMS Roadmap suggestions

<tfn9kc$28nma$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=24763&group=comp.os.vms#24763

From: club...@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP (Simon Clubley)
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 12:45:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Simon Clubley - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 12:45 UTC

On 2022-09-09, Jan-Erik Söderholm <jan-erik.soderholm@telia.com> wrote:

> Which is the same address as "Energy Machines" which is another
> of VSI main investors, Johan Gedda, companies.
>
> But Energy Machines also have an address in Malmö, Sweden
> which they (at least before) shared with VSI.
>
> Now, Energy Machines also has an address in Gothenburg. No idea
> if the VSI people also has followed there, or if they just
> moved over the bridge to Copenhagen.
>
> Now, in Europe, VSI is acting under it's parent company, Teracloud.
> And Teracloud has an address in Malmö, where an search site also
> placed Energy Machines at the same address. And it seems to be the
> same location as where I visited VSI's office a couple of years ago.
>
> It is a complicated company structure.

Wow. :-)

These people make Heath Robinson look like a beginner. :-)

Simon.