All Finagle Laws may be bypassed by learning the simple art of doing without thinking.

computers / comp.mobile.ipad / Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

SubjectAuthor
* Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own mWally J
+* Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent atAlan
|+* Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is*Hemidactylus*
||`* Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their oWally J
|| +- Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent atAlan
|| `- Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their oWally J
|`* Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple isBob Campbell
| +* Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their oWally J
| |`* Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple isBob Campbell
| | `* Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their oWally J
| |  `* Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent atAlan
| |   `* Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple isBob Campbell
| |    `* Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their oWally J
| |     `* Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent atAlan
| |      +* Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their oYou're Kidding
| |      |`* Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent atAlan
| |      | `* Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent atAlan Browne
| |      |  `- Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent atAlan
| |      `- Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their oFalafel Balls
| `- Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent atAlan
`* Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their onospam
 `- Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their oWally J

1
Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<ua38e9$3plhr$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2431&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2431

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 10:42:02 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 14:42 UTC

On the Android newsgroup, just now, nospam claimed (yet again) that Apple
has an incompetent design team, an incompetent marketing team, and an
incompetent sales team - in that *Apple only follows Google & Samsung*.

*Why does nospam have such a low opinion of how Apple makes decisions?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/lAXA3GA7fRA/m/sIYeLV57NAAJ>

... specifically ...

Why does nospam claim everything bad that Apple does, is because Apple is
so incompetent that Apple can only follow what Google & Samsung do?

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<ua3eai$2li5i$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2433&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2433

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at
making their own marketing & design decisions
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 09:21:37 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 16:21 UTC

On 2023-07-29 07:42, Wally J wrote:
> On the Android newsgroup, just now, nospam claimed (yet again) that Apple
> has an incompetent design team, an incompetent marketing team, and an
> incompetent sales team - in that *Apple only follows Google & Samsung*.
>
> *Why does nospam have such a low opinion of how Apple makes decisions?*
> <https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/lAXA3GA7fRA/m/sIYeLV57NAAJ>
>
> ... specifically ...
>
> Why does nospam claim everything bad that Apple does, is because Apple is
> so incompetent that Apple can only follow what Google & Samsung do?

He hasn't claimed that.

You're either a liar or too stupid to understand that noting that others
are doing the same thing says nothing about why a company has chosen to
do that thing.

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<8IWcndLhYb-jolj5nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2435&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2435

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is
incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions
From: ecpho...@allspamis.invalid (*Hemidactylus*)
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 16:33:02 +0000
 by: *Hemidactylus* - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 16:33 UTC

Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2023-07-29 07:42, Wally J wrote:
>> On the Android newsgroup, just now, nospam claimed (yet again) that Apple
>> has an incompetent design team, an incompetent marketing team, and an
>> incompetent sales team - in that *Apple only follows Google & Samsung*.
>>
>> *Why does nospam have such a low opinion of how Apple makes decisions?*
>> <https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/lAXA3GA7fRA/m/sIYeLV57NAAJ>
>>
>> ... specifically ...
>>
>> Why does nospam claim everything bad that Apple does, is because Apple is
>> so incompetent that Apple can only follow what Google & Samsung do?
>
> He hasn't claimed that.
>
> You're either a liar or too stupid to understand that noting that others
> are doing the same thing says nothing about why a company has chosen to
> do that thing.

Arlen has become increasingly unhinged. One would hope family members will
stage an intervention soon.

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<ua3fov$fnd$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2436&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2436

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 12:47:13 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 16:47 UTC

*Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote

> One would hope family members will
> stage an intervention soon.

And yet what remains is that every time nospam needs to manufacture an
excuse for why Apple does all the bad things that Apple does...

He always employs whataboutism to claim Apple was forced to do it (by
Google and Samsung and Microsoft and all the other companies he lists).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Specifically, nospam is claiming that Apple only follows what others do.

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<ua3gqq$2li5i$4@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2437&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2437

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
making their own marketing & design decisions
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 10:04:26 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 17:04 UTC

On 2023-07-29 09:47, Wally J wrote:
> *Hemidactylus* <ecphoric@allspamis.invalid> wrote
>
>> One would hope family members will
>> stage an intervention soon.
>
> And yet what remains is that every time nospam needs to manufacture an
> excuse for why Apple does all the bad things that Apple does...
>
> He always employs whataboutism to claim Apple was forced to do it (by
> Google and Samsung and Microsoft and all the other companies he lists).
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
>
> Specifically, nospam is claiming that Apple only follows what others do.

You're not crazy.

You're not stupid.

You're just a dick.

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<290720231415483580%nospam@nospam.invalid>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2439&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2439

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 14:15:48 -0400
 by: nospam - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 18:15 UTC

In article <ua38e9$3plhr$1@paganini.bofh.team>, Wally J
<walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:

> On the Android newsgroup, just now, nospam claimed (yet again) that Apple
> has an incompetent design team, an incompetent marketing team, and an
> incompetent sales team - in that *Apple only follows Google & Samsung*.

i never said anything remotely close to that, liar

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<3LGcnfCCbsjt4Fv5nZ2dnZfqn_adnZ2d@supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2445&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2445

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions
From: nun...@none.none (Bob Campbell)
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 15:10:40 +0000
 by: Bob Campbell - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 15:10 UTC

Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> You're either a liar or too stupid to understand that noting that others
> are doing the same thing says nothing about why a company has chosen to
> do that thing.

More likely both stupid AND a liar.

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<ua62s9$1a8s$1@neodome.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2446&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2446

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 18:25:30 +0200
 by: Wally J - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 16:25 UTC

Bob Campbell <nunya@none.none> wrote

>> You're either a liar or too stupid to understand that noting that others
>> are doing the same thing says nothing about why a company has chosen to
>> do that thing.
>
> More likely both stupid AND a liar.

I won't stoop to your level.
Hence, I'll assume you own the capacity of a normal adults in my response.
OK?

Actually, nospam employs only about a half dozen techniques to make
thousands of apologies for why Apple does the bad things that Apple does.

Like a child who claims all the other kids were stealing from the store so
that's why they stole from the store, every time nospam claims that Samsung
made Apple do all the bad things that Apple did, he's using WhatAboutIsm.
<https://www.marshallcenter.org/en/publications/marshall-center-books/russias-global-reach-security-and-statecraft-assessment/chapter-15-strategic-messaging-propaganda-and>

"Whataboutism is the narrative that other [companies] are engaging in the
same activities that they accuse [Apple] of engaging in."

Probably none of you iCrazies read the news, but WhatAboutIsm is a common
technique used to make excuses for the bad behavior of any entity.
2 Decades of Russian Whataboutism
�<https://www.russiamatters.org/blog/2-decades-russian-whataboutism-partial-rundown>

Since none of you iKooks read the news, please read this before responding.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism>
"From a logical and argumentative point of view it is considered a variant
of the tu-quoque pattern (Latin 'you too', term for a counter-accusation),
which is a subtype of the ad-hominem argument."

Every time Apple does the thousands of bad things Apple does, nospam
retorts with a senseless ad hominem attack that Samsung made Apple do it.

As if Apple has no marketing. No design team. No engineering. Nothing.
All Apple can do, in nospam's own arguments, is follow the lead of others.

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<ua66i8$2vum4$3@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2447&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2447

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
making their own marketing & design decisions
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 10:27:35 -0700
 by: Alan - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 17:27 UTC

On 2023-07-30 08:10, Bob Campbell wrote:
> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>> You're either a liar or too stupid to understand that noting that others
>> are doing the same thing says nothing about why a company has chosen to
>> do that thing.
>
> More likely both stupid AND a liar.

That's a fair point!

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<JJ-cnfyy-qfNJVv5nZ2dnZfqn_WdnZ2d@supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2448&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2448

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions
From: nun...@none.none (Bob Campbell)
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 19:21:52 +0000
 by: Bob Campbell - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 19:21 UTC

Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Bob Campbell <nunya@none.none> wrote
>
>>> You're either a liar or too stupid to understand that noting that others
>>> are doing the same thing says nothing about why a company has chosen to
>>> do that thing.
>>
>> More likely both stupid AND a liar.
>
> I won't stoop to your level.

LOL. Good one.

You need to climb up several levels just to get to the level of a
chimpanzee. My level is out of reach for you.

The rest of your absurd ranting snipped.

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<ua7fd4$3mh2j$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2449&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2449

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 01:05:24 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 05:05 UTC

Bob Campbell <nunya@none.none> wrote

> My level is out of reach for you.

Why then do you think nospam constantly claims the bad things Apple does
are because Apple can't innovate but can only follow what Samsung does?

For example, Apple removes a port & nospam claims Samsung made them do it.
No other reason. Apple did it, according to nospam. Only following Samsung.

Why is it that Apple has no design expertise? No marketing? Nothing?
According to nospam, Apple is only capable of copying what Samsung does.

For _thousands_ of bad things Apple does, nospam comes up with an equal
number of thousands of excuses for why Apple has no ability to design.

All Apple can do, according to nospam, is follow what Samsung does.

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<ua7fpi$3msar$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2450&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2450

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 01:12:02 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 05:12 UTC

nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote

>> On the Android newsgroup, just now, nospam claimed (yet again) that Apple
>> has an incompetent design team, an incompetent marketing team, and an
>> incompetent sales team - in that *Apple only follows Google & Samsung*.
>
> i never said anything remotely close to that, liar

Every time you try to excuse Apple's bad behavior by claiming Samsung made
Apple do it, nospam, is you using the classic whataboutism excuse tactic.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whataboutism
"the act or practice of responding to an accusation of wrongdoing by
claiming that an offense committed by another is similar or worse"

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<ua7gl2$36snt$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2451&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2451

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
making their own marketing & design decisions
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 22:25:54 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 05:25 UTC

On 2023-07-30 22:05, Wally J wrote:
> Bob Campbell <nunya@none.none> wrote
>
>> My level is out of reach for you.
>
> Why then do you think nospam constantly claims the bad things Apple does
> are because Apple can't innovate but can only follow what Samsung does?

No one claims that.

> For example, Apple removes a port & nospam claims Samsung made them do it.
> No other reason. Apple did it, according to nospam. Only following Samsung.

Nope. He never did that.

> Why is it that Apple has no design expertise? No marketing? Nothing?
> According to nospam, Apple is only capable of copying what Samsung does.
>
> For _thousands_ of bad things Apple does, nospam comes up with an equal
> number of thousands of excuses for why Apple has no ability to design.
>
> All Apple can do, according to nospam, is follow what Samsung does.

<yawn>

Raise your game, Arlen.

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<oqOcnbrMS-1mJVr5nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@supernews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2452&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2452

Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions
From: nun...@none.none (Bob Campbell)
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 13:36:59 +0000
 by: Bob Campbell - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 13:36 UTC

Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> <yawn>
>
> Raise your game, Arlen.

Repeating the same ridiculous shit over and over and over is the best he
can do.

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<ua8fi6$k6df$1@paganini.bofh.team>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2453&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2453

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 10:14:15 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 14:14 UTC

Bob Campbell <nunya@none.none> wrote

> Repeating the same ridiculous shit over and over and over is the best he
> can do.

For once Bob Campbell is correct that nospam repeats the same ridiculous
shit every time he has to make excuses for the bad things that Apple does.

With only a half dozen types of excuses, nospam often uses whataboutism.
"a conversational tactic in which a person responds to an argument
or attack by changing the subject to focus on someone else's misconduct,
implying that all criticism is invalid because no one is completely
blameless:" <https://www.dictionary.com/browse/whataboutism?

Every time nospam retorts with a claim that Samsung controls everything
that Apple does that's bad, nospam is invoking this whataboutism tactic.

In effect, nospam's belief is Apple is incompetent at making decisions.

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<ua8ish$3a6g1$2@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2454&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2454

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
making their own marketing & design decisions
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 08:10:09 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 31 Jul 2023 15:10 UTC

On 2023-07-31 07:14, Wally J wrote:
> Bob Campbell <nunya@none.none> wrote
>
>> Repeating the same ridiculous shit over and over and over is the best he
>> can do.
>
> For once Bob Campbell is correct that nospam repeats the same ridiculous
> shit every time he has to make excuses for the bad things that Apple does.
>
> With only a half dozen types of excuses, nospam often uses whataboutism.
> "a conversational tactic in which a person responds to an argument
> or attack by changing the subject to focus on someone else's misconduct,
> implying that all criticism is invalid because no one is completely
> blameless:" <https://www.dictionary.com/browse/whataboutism?
>
> Every time nospam retorts with a claim that Samsung controls everything
> that Apple does that's bad, nospam is invoking this whataboutism tactic.
>
> In effect, nospam's belief is Apple is incompetent at making decisions.

Arlen...

....you're boring me.

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<ua9p99$3i6d5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2458&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2458

From: yk...@yahoo.com (You're Kidding)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2023 02:05:29 -0000 (UTC)
 by: You're Kidding - Tue, 1 Aug 2023 02:05 UTC

On Jul 31, 2023 at 11:10:09 AM EDT, "Alan" <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

> On 2023-07-31 07:14, Wally J wrote:
>> Bob Campbell <nunya@none.none> wrote
>>
>>> Repeating the same ridiculous shit over and over and over is the best he
>>> can do.
>>
>> For once Bob Campbell is correct that nospam repeats the same ridiculous
>> shit every time he has to make excuses for the bad things that Apple does.
>>
>> With only a half dozen types of excuses, nospam often uses whataboutism.
>> "a conversational tactic in which a person responds to an argument
>> or attack by changing the subject to focus on someone else's misconduct,
>> implying that all criticism is invalid because no one is completely
>> blameless:" <https://www.dictionary.com/browse/whataboutism?> Every time
>> nospam retorts with a claim that Samsung controls everything
>> that Apple does that's bad, nospam is invoking this whataboutism tactic.
>>
>> In effect, nospam's belief is Apple is incompetent at making decisions.
>
> Arlen...
>
> ...you're boring me.

Finally?

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<uaa0g1$3iof5$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2459&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2459

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
making their own marketing & design decisions
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 21:08:33 -0700
 by: Alan - Tue, 1 Aug 2023 04:08 UTC

On 2023-07-31 19:05, You're Kidding wrote:
> On Jul 31, 2023 at 11:10:09 AM EDT, "Alan" <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-07-31 07:14, Wally J wrote:
>>> Bob Campbell <nunya@none.none> wrote

>>> For once Bob Campbell is correct that nospam repeats the same ridiculous
>>> shit every time he has to make excuses for the bad things that Apple does.
>>>
>>> With only a half dozen types of excuses, nospam often uses whataboutism.
>>> "a conversational tactic in which a person responds to an argument
>>> or attack by changing the subject to focus on someone else's misconduct,
>>> implying that all criticism is invalid because no one is completely
>>> blameless:" <https://www.dictionary.com/browse/whataboutism?> Every time
>>> nospam retorts with a claim that Samsung controls everything
>>> that Apple does that's bad, nospam is invoking this whataboutism tactic.
>>>
>>> In effect, nospam's belief is Apple is incompetent at making decisions.
>>
>> Arlen...
>>
>> ...you're boring me.
>
> Finally?

Well...he's been amusing for a good long while.

But now he's just getting TOO repetitive.

No originality at all.

;-)

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<GH8yM.111187$uLJb.64066@fx41.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2460&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2460

making their own marketing & design decisions
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
From: bitbuc...@blackhole.com (Alan Browne)
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2023 10:32:06 -0400
 by: Alan Browne - Tue, 1 Aug 2023 14:32 UTC

On 2023-08-01 00:08, Alan wrote:

> But now he's just getting TOO repetitive.
>
> No originality at all.

So you'll ignore it now - and not give it oxygen?

--
“If you torture the data long enough, it will confess to anything."
-Ronald Coase

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<uaegbu$930l$6@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2465&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2465

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
making their own marketing & design decisions
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 14:03:57 -0700
 by: Alan - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 21:03 UTC

On 2023-08-01 07:32, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2023-08-01 00:08, Alan wrote:
>
>> But now he's just getting TOO repetitive.
>>
>> No originality at all.
>
> So you'll ignore it now - and not give it oxygen?

The mote in someone else's eye...

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<ua9in1$1l9v$1@neodome.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2500&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2500

From: YoussefG...@etisalat.eg (Falafel Balls)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2023 03:14:11 +0300
 by: Falafel Balls - Tue, 1 Aug 2023 00:14 UTC

On 31/7/2023, Alan wrote:

> ...you're boring me.

What I thought was useful was the knowledge that nospam constantly laments
"Poor little Apple has no control over their product line decisions."

According to nospam, it's Samsung who controls everything Apple does.

Re: Why does nospam constantly claim that Apple is incompetent at making their own marketing & design decisions

<ufl4ob$nq1c$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3016&group=comp.mobile.ipad#3016

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2023 21:50:04 -0400
 by: Wally J - Thu, 5 Oct 2023 01:50 UTC

Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote

> And yet what remains is that every time nospam needs to manufacture an
> excuse for why Apple does all the bad things that Apple does...
>
> He always employs whataboutism to claim Apple was forced to do it (by
> Google and Samsung and Microsoft and all the other companies he lists).
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
>
> Specifically, nospam is claiming that Apple only follows what others do.

More whataboutism today.

Every time an Apple user is confronted with facts (such as the fact that
iOS always has two to three times the number of zero-day holes), the Apple
user is _desperate_ to defend those flaws using the illogical whataboutism.

Dorper <usenet@dorper.me> wrote

>> Hint: No smartphone OS is anywhere nearly as insecure as iOS is.
>> (hackers don't even need to be within a thousand miles of your phone to
>> completely and fully take it over any time they want to - for years!)
>
> In other news, Android has released it's latest security update:
>
> https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/android-october-security-
> update-fixes-zero-days-exploited-in-attacks/
> Including fixes for "54 unique vulnerabilities, including two known to be
> actively exploited." Of the 54 fixes concerning Android 11 through 13, five
> are rated critical, and two concern remote code execution problems.

It's classic for Apple users to blame everyone but Apple for the flaws in
Apple devices. It's called "whataboutism" & only Apple users do it.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism>

I know exactly why you used whataboutism to defend against Apple's flaw.
I wonder if you do?

Probably not.
Let's just say that only Apple people do what you just did, Dorper.

Adults don't do it. Specifically...

You'll _never_ see someone on Android doing what you just did, Dorper.
Nor on Windows newsgroups.

Only Apple newsgroups.
Where almost every "excuse" for Apple's flaws is whataboutism incarnate.

This "whataboutism" of blaming everyone but Apple _starts with Apple_
and it's a hallmark of Apple users to blame others for Apple's flaws.

*Why don't we look at the zero-day holes in iOS*, Dorper.
Shall we?

I get it you are desperate to defend Apple's honor, but then you must know
how many zero-day bugs Apple had this year (and every year!) compared to
Android, right?

No?
You don't know?

Hmmmm.... classic.

Here... allow me to help you to think logically & sensibly, OK?

What you're _not_ saying is that iOS has had 17 zero-days this year alone -
which is something like two to three times the zero-days of Android last we
checked (since this happens every year).

By definition, a zero day is a bug that Apple forgot to find in testing.
Right?

So that's two to three times (every year - year after year) that Apple's
iOS has zero-day holes that Apple forgot to find in their iOS 'testing'.

HINT: That's a lot!

Why... might you ask... is iOS always two to three times less secure?
I (think I) know why.

Do you?
--
Note: We've already discussed that this doesn't even count the _exploited_
zero days, where you dispute that iOS has _ten times_ the active exploits!