From: AFaceInT...@today.net (FACE)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: Need Autohotkey script to mimic cntrl-Z on Dos emulator
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 06:35:42 -0400
 by: FACE - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 10:35 UTC

I need an AutoHotKey script that mimics cntrl-Z on the Dos emulator for Win 7 Home
Premium.

Does anyone have one handy?

I have an AutoHotKey script that mimics cntrl-V on the Dos emulator for Win 7 Home
Premium. It looks like --
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#IfWinActive ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass
^V::
SendInput {Raw}%clipboard%
return
#IfWinActive
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thanks

Re: Need Autohotkey script to mimic cntrl-Z on Dos emulator

<103jyvmpo9nq9$.1lhxjr2fr14um$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2472&group=alt.windows7.general#2472

From: jj4pub...@gmail.com (JJ)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 02:15:13 +0700
 by: JJ - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 19:15 UTC

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 06:35:42 -0400, FACE wrote:
> I need an AutoHotKey script that mimics cntrl-Z on the Dos emulator for Win 7 Home
> Premium.
>
> Does anyone have one handy?
>
> I have an AutoHotKey script that mimics cntrl-V on the Dos emulator for Win 7 Home
> Premium. It looks like --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> #IfWinActive ahk_class ConsoleWindowClass
> ^V::
> SendInput {Raw}%clipboard%
> return
> #IfWinActive
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> thanks

DOS doesn't have any built in undo operation, and it's not possible to
implement that function from outside of the emulator application; because
the other applications can not see and track what was actually received by a
DOS program's input, or know whether a DOS program is expecting a text input
or e.g. a navigation input.

Re: Need Autohotkey script to mimic cntrl-Z on Dos emulator

<u4JLF03LlkShFwIW@255soft.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2479&group=alt.windows7.general#2479

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 22:06:19 +0100
From: G6J...@255soft.uk (J. P. Gilliver (John))
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
 by: J. P. Gilliver (John - Tue, 21 Sep 2021 21:06 UTC

On Wed, 22 Sep 2021 at 02:15:13, JJ <jj4public@gmail.com> wrote (my
>On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 06:35:42 -0400, FACE wrote:
>> I need an AutoHotKey script that mimics cntrl-Z on the Dos emulator
>>for Win 7 Home
>> Premium.
[]
>DOS doesn't have any built in undo operation, and it's not possible to
>implement that function from outside of the emulator application; because
>the other applications can not see and track what was actually received by a
>DOS program's input, or know whether a DOS program is expecting a text input
>or e.g. a navigation input.

He didn't say he wanted an undo, he said he wanted a Ctrl-Z. If what he
wanted was an undo, you are probably right; however, DOS _did_ accept
and act on Ctrl-Z.

For example,
copy con: filename.txt
is a quick way of making a text file if you can type it faultlessly! (E.
g. a two-line batch file) - but you need a way of telling DOS when
you've finished - and Ctrl-Z is that. (EOF character - end of file.)

I don't know if FACE wanted an undo, or a Ctrl-Z (and if s/he _does_
want a Ctrl-Z, whether s/he wanted it for the above purpose or something
else that Ctrl-Z does).

I don't have an agree that our language torture is a quality add
- soldiersailor on Gransnet, 2018-3-8

Re: Need Autohotkey script to mimic cntrl-Z on Dos emulator

<up1mkg1m4h910svptat3v56r9pthu4rld5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2521&group=alt.windows7.general#2521

From: AFaceInT...@today.net (FACE)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 06:48:03 -0400
 by: FACE - Wed, 22 Sep 2021 10:48 UTC

On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 22:06:19 +0100, in alt.windows7.general, "J. P. Gilliver
(John)" <G6JPG@255soft.uk>, wrote

>On Wed, 22 Sep 2021 at 02:15:13, JJ <jj4public@gmail.com> wrote (my
>>On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 06:35:42 -0400, FACE wrote:
>>> I need an AutoHotKey script that mimics cntrl-Z on the Dos emulator
>>>for Win 7 Home
>>> Premium.
>[]
>>DOS doesn't have any built in undo operation, and it's not possible to
>>implement that function from outside of the emulator application; because
>>the other applications can not see and track what was actually received by a
>>DOS program's input, or know whether a DOS program is expecting a text input
>>or e.g. a navigation input.
>
>He didn't say he wanted an undo, he said he wanted a Ctrl-Z. If what he
>wanted was an undo, you are probably right; however, DOS _did_ accept
>and act on Ctrl-Z.
>
>For example,
> copy con: filename.txt
>is a quick way of making a text file if you can type it faultlessly! (E.
>g. a two-line batch file) - but you need a way of telling DOS when
>you've finished - and Ctrl-Z is that. (EOF character - end of file.)
>
>I don't know if FACE wanted an undo, or a Ctrl-Z (and if s/he _does_
>want a Ctrl-Z, whether s/he wanted it for the above purpose or something
>else that Ctrl-Z does).

Memory roads.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\xxxxxx>cd c:\!rootstuff

c:\!rootstuff>copy con: afile.txt
hello world
end
^Z
1 file(s) copied.

c:\!rootstuff>

When was the last time i did that? (Probably about the last time i redirected the
printer to a file......)

But JJ was right. i am looking for a DOS "undo".

I am that guy who is just another
FACE
in the crowd.

Remember the old FIDO tagline
"How do real men write batch files? They use copy con."