I use technology in order to hate it more properly. -- Nam June Paik

computers / comp.mobile.ipad / Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

SubjectAuthor
* *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*Wally J
+* Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*nospam
|`* Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*Wally J
| `- Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*Wally J
+* Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*badgolferman
|`* Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*Wally J
| `* Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*Jolly Roger
|  `* Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*Wally J
|   `* Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*Jolly Roger
|    `* Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*Wally J
|     `* Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*Jolly Roger
|      `* Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*Wally J
|       `* Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*Jolly Roger
|        `- Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*Wally J
`- Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*Alan

1
*In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

<ud0o2f$10j1j$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2525&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2525

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Subject: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 21:39:32 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 01:39 UTC

*In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/fSUeOc4jBxQ>

nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote

>> You mean "all Android phones with at least Android 10 on them"...
>>

> 'thousands of times a year' is plural, thus it would be at least 2000
> updates.
>
> 2000 updates a year is at least 6 updates *per* *day*, every day (2190).

Hi nospam,

We're here to LEARN so please don't respond to Alan Baker who is not.

He's here purely for his own amusement - as is Joerg Lorenz; where both
have an education no greater than ninth grade & neither can add value.

Hence, first off, please don't repeat Alan Baker's garbage as his IQ is
about 40 which means there's nothing of value possible from him.

Secondly, as far as I'm aware, the Google Play System "Project Mainline"
asynchronously updates scores of key operating system modules on _all_
Android phones with the capability built in (i.e., Android 4.4 & up).

Thirdly, the actual number of updates will change daily, but we're
contrasting badgolferman's assertion that he gets "three or four" iOS
updates in a few years with the fact that Android updates constantly -
thousands of times a year - because Android updates are asynchronous.

The reason it matters is the lack of timely updates on iOS is a fundamental
reason why iOS has more than twice the number of zero-day holes than
Android, and it's certainly a key reason why actively exploited zero-day
holes on iOS are more than ten times that as we've proven many times.
<https://www.cisa.gov/known-exploited-vulnerabilities-catalog>

Since you are desperate to deflect from the fact that the safety and
security of iOS is atrocious compared to Android by arguing against the
numbers - what matters is the order of magnitude.
*In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

Since you dispute the number, using the baseline for Android 14 of about 27
modules in Project Mainline (let's call that 25 modules for easy math), and
knowing that's only one layer in how Android updates, that Project Mainline
set of updates alone is 9,125 updates per year - if every module updates
just once a day.

That's almost ten thousand updates a year, nospam, for just one Android
layer if every module updates once a day - so I think that my qualification
of the fact that for every one update in iOS, there are a thousand updates
in Android is logically defensible (given there are many Android layers).

I realize you hate all facts about Apple products, nospam, but it's
logically defensible that for every iOS update, Android updates a thousand
times - which is why I had patiently responded to badgolferman as I did.

Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

<020920232204186048%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2526&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2526

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 22:04:18 -0400
 by: nospam - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 02:04 UTC

In article <ud0o2f$10j1j$1@paganini.bofh.team>, Wally J
<walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:

> That's almost ten thousand updates a year,

that would be ~27 updates a day, or more than one per hour.

rule of holes: stop digging.

Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

<ud0rcl$10nrp$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2527&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2527

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 22:36:09 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 02:36 UTC

nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote

>> That's almost ten thousand updates a year,
>
> that would be ~27 updates a day, or more than one per hour.

Currently there are 37 modules in just the one Project Mainline layer
(which doesn't count Project Treble or any other of the hundreds of layers
that Android updates, nospam, including the default install applications).
<https://www.androidpolice.com/project-mainline-android-14/>
... think about that ...

Just that one layer alone, of hundreds of layers, has 37 modules, which if
they each updated just once a day would be 13,505 updates in a year.

... For one Android update layer alone ...

That's not counting the hundreds of other layers Android uses to update.

I realize you _hate_ that iOS is a primitive monolith that can't update
like any other normal operating system does - which is a key reason why iOS
has far more than twice the number of zero-day exploits and over ten times
as many _actively exploited!_ zero day exploits, nospam...

But you hating that iOS is a primitive monolith doesn't change that it is.

Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

<ud25ul$128ip$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2531&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2531

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 10:42:34 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 14:42 UTC

"Carlos E. R." <robin_listas@es.invalid> wrote

> We can say that I only consider as update doing them in the official
> way. If the official way changes, then I'll change.
>
> In any case, my old tablets/phones do not have version 10, so this new
> method doesn't apply to them. And my two active phones are getting
> official updates.

Hi Carlos,

What you need to understand is the English language, where you considering
every word to mean only what you comprehend is not the way language works.

Android updates itself in multiple layers - each of which is an update.

Assuming a hundred ways that Android updates itself, for you to only
consider one of those as an "update" is your choice - but it's incorrect.

However, in your defense, a lot of people are completely ignorant of the
adult complexities involved when any operating system they own is updated.

For example, iOS updates using RSRs, upgrades and updates - where the
ignorant iKooks are just like you are - in that it's too complex for them.
iOS UPDATE monoslab vs UPGRADE monoslab vs RAPID SECURITY RESPONSE patch:

<https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>

For years, the ignorant uneducated low-IQ iKooks such as Alan Browne, Jolly
Roger and nospam have been saying Apple fully patches more than one release
and yet - the fact is even Apple says *only one release is fully patched!"
iOS UPGRADES: <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222>

It was only in iOS 16 Apple started to copy the model every other OS uses.
iOS RSR patches: <https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201224>

Even today, those ignorant uneducated low-IQ iKooks _still_ believe that
Apple fully patches more than one release, as they're just like you are.

<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>

<https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>
<https://screenrant.com/apple-product-security-update-lifespan/>

Like you, the uneducated low-IQ ignorant iKooks never read anything.
Here, for example, are c.m.a reference threads you didn't read.

*Android endlessly updates directly from Google Play Services (bypassing
carriers & OEMs)*

<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/1lSF1ZPdpZs/m/n-wa61EFAgAJ>

*How long does GOOGLE say they'll update the two dozen core modules in
project mainline?*

<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/_ZUiLVtLbsg/m/1nYOV4omAQAJ>

*Starting with Android 10, 11 or 12, what part of Android is NOT updated
forever?*

<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/Tp_BYlwPFX8/m/L4no3D0HAgAJ>

*Help me understand Google's Project Treble & Project Mainline please*

<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/e3VoHKwm-dY/m/y4ShKfnMAAAJ>

*Google Play update all apps*

<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/48Qs2nHV5Io/m/5yaEX73SBAAJ>

*In the time the IOS monolith updates once - Android updates a thousand
times*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/tyM38E9o9vE>
--
People who never read anything will always be wrong about everything they
think.

Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

<ud2k2r$11gkj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2535&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2535

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 18:42:35 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:9gDS732t75ROdjI3VJu3SEtgsOQ=
 by: badgolferman - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 18:42 UTC

Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:

> Thirdly, the actual number of updates will change daily, but we're
> contrasting badgolferman's assertion that he gets "three or four" iOS
> updates in a few years with the fact that Android updates constantly -
> thousands of times a year - because Android updates are asynchronous.

Actually what I said was 5-6 OS upgrades for the lifetime of the device
which is different than an update.

An upgrade is an entire version number (eg. iOS 16 to iOS 17) and an update
is increments in between upgrades (eg. iOS 16.1 to 16.2).

But you knew all that.

Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

<ud2s92$132ip$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2536&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2536

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 17:03:36 -0400
 by: Wally J - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 21:03 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote

> Actually what I said was 5-6 OS upgrades for the lifetime of the device
> which is different than an update.
>
> An upgrade is an entire version number (eg. iOS 16 to iOS 17) and an update
> is increments in between upgrades (eg. iOS 16.1 to 16.2).
>
> But you knew all that.

Hi badgolferman,

(Warning... iKooks won't be able to comprehend a single word said below.)
(Warning... an adult level of detail is included in the response below.)

As you are aware, I speak to adults differently than I do the iKooks (who
are always completely ignorant because they read nothing about Apple),
where that bold subject line was meant for the iKooks to begin to process
the huge difference between how iOS and Android update themselves.

Since I have owned iOS devices as long as anyone - and since I use both iOS
and Android daily, I'm well aware Apple provides three types of "upstuff".
a. Update
b. Upgrade
c. RSR

None of the iKooks (not Jolly Roger, not nospam and certainly not Allen
Browne) has shown any indication whatsoever they know of those facts.

So I have to dumb down the message to fit their child-like mental
capacities where that message is that in the time it takes an iPhone to
update once, Android has updated a thousand times already (due to the way
that Android updates in layers while iOS is a primitive monolith).

I repeat: *I dumb down the message so it can be absorbed by the iKooks*

However, i I can delve into the level of adult complexity with you, we have
to be careful with the word "update" since Apple has a special meaning.

*Distinguishing software updates from upgrades*
<https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>

In addition to "updates" versus "upgrades", another Apple-only term is RSR.
*About Rapid Security Responses - only available in iOS 16 and up*
<https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201224>

What's interesting is the iKooks, who mindlessly claim iOS updates more
frequently and longer than Android are completely clueless of all this.

Jolly Roger, for example, repeatedly claims that Apple lied about fully
supporting only one release - which proves that these uneducated low-IQ
child-like iKooks not only are completely ignorant of all things Apple, but
that they strongly hold on to completely imaginary belief systems.

The iKooks for years have believed Apple fully supports older releases.
And yet, even Apple never said they fully support any more than 1 release.
<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>
<https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>
<https://screenrant.com/apple-product-security-update-lifespan/>

Anyway, even the Android owners (e.g., Carlos ER) don't have the adult
comprehensive skills to comprehend how Android updates, let alone the huge
difference between how the primitive iOS monolith updates differently.

In short though, the actual set of updates/upgrades you get with iOS is an
arbitrary numbering system - where the point is you're NOT getting anything
'upstuffed' in between - while - by way of stark comparison - Android is
'upstuffing' the operating system daily (but seamlessly).

Hence it's not too far off the mark to claim that if you count every update
& upgrade & Rapid Security Response in iOS - the number of equivalent fixes
in Android is something like a thousand times more than you get with iOS.

Which - let's be clear - is a key reason why iOS has more than ten times
the number of actively exploited zero-day holes than Android does.

Another simple statement for the iKooks is that the _reason_ iOS is so
atrociously insecure is _because_ Apple doesn't update iOS frequently
enough.

Nor long enough (given there is no end-of-life known for the Android
updates - which happen for _every_ Android 10+ on the Internet).

In summary, the good news is that Apple has started to get with the program
by implementing the RSRs (which I first mentioned on this ng a year ago).

But even so, for every update to iOS, Android updates a thousand times.

It's an adult complexity of how operating systems update iKooks will never
understand because they own a child-like mentality that only takes into
account version numbers and Apple advertisements - but not Apple's words.

Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

<klkgphFrf00U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2537&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2537

Followup: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: 3 Sep 2023 22:48:17 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Sun, 3 Sep 2023 22:48 UTC

On 2023-09-03, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote
>
>> Actually what I said was 5-6 OS upgrades for the lifetime of the
>> device which is different than an update.
>>
>> An upgrade is an entire version number (eg. iOS 16 to iOS 17) and an
>> update is increments in between upgrades (eg. iOS 16.1 to 16.2).
>>
>> But you knew all that.
>
> Jolly Roger, for example, repeatedly claims that Apple lied

TIL that Arlen considers himself to be Apple. 🤡

JR

Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

<ud3a8g$13ivp$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2538&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2538

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 21:02:14 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 01:02 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

>> Jolly Roger, for example, repeatedly claims that Apple lied
>
> TIL

Every time Jolly Roger posts - he proves to own a child's intellect.

It's not surprising that the iKooks (all of whom own a child-like
mentality) have claimed many times, Jolly Roger in particular, that because
Apple fixed _one_ bug in the older releases, that this fact alone means
Apple fully updates older iOS releases (i.e., a fatal flaw in their logic).

The very fact that Jolly Roger _believes_ that shows that he doesn't own
the basic facultative skills that you'd expect a normal adult to own.

If we removed just these three ignorant uneducated child-like iKooks from
this newsgroup, the level of discourse would instantly approach that of the
normal adult operating system newsgroups (i.e., Windows, Linux & Android).

1. Jolly Roger => still thinks Apple fully updates all older iOS releases
2. nospam => deflects Apple's flaws - often saying Samsung made them do it
3. Alan Browne => has never heard of an RSR, nor an update nor an upgrade

Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

<klkucdFteseU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2539&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2539

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: 4 Sep 2023 02:40:13 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 02:40 UTC

On 2023-09-04, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>>> Jolly Roger, for example, repeatedly claims that Apple lied
>>
>> TIL
>
> Every time Jolly Roger posts - he proves to own a child's intellect.

Arlen is KING of projection. Here, he claims I said something I never
said. He can't point to a single post of mine where I said what he
claims, because what I *actually* said is that Arlen lied. ; ) Like a
child, all Arlen has to offer this newsgroups is lies on top of lies and
petty insults. All while claiming he is supposedly the true adult in the
room. Pitiful, little Arlen leads a truly lonely, hateful existence.

JR

Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

<ud45ed$14jm1$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2540&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2540

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 04:46:11 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 08:46 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> He can't point to a single post of mine where I said what he
> claims, because what I *actually* said.

And yet I can... because I'm not an ignorant child-like iKook, JR,

All you ignorant uneducated low-IQ iKooks own the mind of a small child.
JR's claim is that if Apple patched just one bug, they patched them all!

I can point to many instances where you said what I said you said.
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/5xRwEHFDvn0/m/1XDzuufMBgAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/ehief5H4MpA/m/HUoU3ZNMAQAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/wTNNVRe14bw/m/x3ZNaVUDAwAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/5xRwEHFDvn0/m/1XDzuufMBgAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/5xRwEHFDvn0/m/o3lG7RoYIAAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/5xRwEHFDvn0/m/k7pLO2xhEgAJ>
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/5xRwEHFDvn0/m/5LJsVZC-BgAJ>
etc.

It's no longer shocking that you ignorant uneducated low-IQ iKooks
lie like you just did and then hope nobody catches you on your lies.

nospam ==> constantly fabricates apps for iOS that simply don't exist
Alan Browne ==> claims there is no such thing as the walled garden
Jolly Roger ==> denies he claimed Apple supports old releases

If these ignorant low-IQ uneducated iKooks left the Apple newsgroups,
the discourse level would instantly approach that of the adult OS ngs.

Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

<ud4ju2$1fp3d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2541&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2541

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 08:52:17 -0400
 by: Alan - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 12:52 UTC

On 2023-09-02 21:39, Wally J wrote:
> *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*
> <https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/fSUeOc4jBxQ>
>
> nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote
>
>>> You mean "all Android phones with at least Android 10 on them"...
>>>

>> 'thousands of times a year' is plural, thus it would be at least 2000
>> updates.
>>
>> 2000 updates a year is at least 6 updates *per* *day*, every day (2190).
>
> Hi nospam,
>
> We're here to LEARN so please don't respond to Alan Baker who is not.

Once.

> He's here purely for his own amusement - as is Joerg Lorenz; where both
> have an education no greater than ninth grade & neither can add value.
>
> Hence, first off, please don't repeat Alan Baker's garbage as his IQ is
> about 40 which means there's nothing of value possible from him.

Twice.

I get two rooms in your head rent-free, Arlen?

:-)

Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

<klmecoF64pnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2542&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2542

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: 4 Sep 2023 16:19:36 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 16:19 UTC

On 2023-09-04, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>> He can't point to a single post of mine where I said what he
>> claims, because what I *actually* said.

Notice how Arlen dishonestly strips quoted material here. THe reason he
desperately resorts to trimming his bullshit claim that "Jolly Roger,
for example, repeatedly claims that Apple lied" from the quoted material
is because *none* of the links he is posting below are of me saying
"Apple lied".

Here's the restored context Arlen desperately wants to pretend magically
doesn't exist: 😉

>>> Every time Jolly Roger posts - he proves to own a child's intellect.
>>
>> Arlen is KING of projection. Here, he claims I said something I never
>> said. He can't point to a single post of mine where I said what he
>> claims, because what I *actually* said is that Arlen lied. ; ) Like a
>> child, all Arlen has to offer this newsgroups is lies on top of lies and
>> petty insults. All while claiming he is supposedly the true adult in the
>> room. Pitiful, little Arlen leads a truly lonely, hateful existence.
>
> And yet I can... because I'm not an ignorant child-like iKook, JR,
>
> All you ignorant uneducated low-IQ iKooks own the mind of a small child.
> JR's claim is that if Apple patched just one bug, they patched them all!
>
> I can point to many instances where you said what I said you said.
> <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/5xRwEHFDvn0/m/1XDzuufMBgAJ>

Where I said:
---
Yes, despite "name just one" being your absolute *favorite* catch
phrase, you are unable to do just that here. You can't name a specific
security vulnerability that isn't patched in the previous version of
iOS, iPadOS, or macOS running on Apple devices but was applied to the
current version. As usual, your lame, little troll has *failed*. You're
a pathetic know-nothing troll, Arlen.
---
Strike 1: Nowhere do I say "Apple lied". 🙂

> <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/ehief5H4MpA/m/HUoU3ZNMAQAJ>

Where I said:
---
That can't be true.
According to Arlen, it's "aginst Apple's own rules"!
---
Strike 2: Nowhere do I say "Apple lied". 🙂

> <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/wTNNVRe14bw/m/x3ZNaVUDAwAJ>

Where I said:
---
Which specific vulnerabilities in iOS 15 haven't been patched, Arlen.
Name just one..
---
Strike 3: Nowhere do I say "Apple lied". 🙂

Three strikes. You're out, Arlen.

But just for grins, let's look at another:

> <https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/5xRwEHFDvn0/m/1XDzuufMBgAJ>

Where I said:
---
Yes, despite "name just one" being your absolute *favorite* catch
phrase, you are unable to do just that here. You can't name a specific
security vulnerability that isn't patched in the previous version of
iOS, iPadOS, or macOS running on Apple devices but was applied to the
current version. As usual, your lame, little troll has *failed*. You're
a pathetic know-nothing troll, Arlen.
---
Strike 4: Nowhere do I say "Apple lied". 🙂

I won't bother with the rest. It's blatantly obvious little Arlen has no
leg to stand on at this point. Like a child, he lies constantly because
lies are all his limited intellect has at its disposal.

> It's no longer shocking that you ignorant uneducated low-IQ iKooks

Insults, lies, lather, rinse, repeat. Arlen is a petulant little
man-child at his very core. Just pathetic.

JR

Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

<ud57cp$165c5$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2545&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2545

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 14:25:35 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 18:25 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

>dishonestly strips quoted material here.

Hi Jolly Roger,

I wonder if your child-like brain realizes I provided the full link to the
entirety of not only the full post from you but also to the full thread?

> THe reason he
> desperately resorts to trimming his bullshit claim that "Jolly Roger,
> for example, repeatedly claims that Apple lied" from the quoted material
> is because *none* of the links he is posting below are of me saying
> "Apple lied".

Again - it's classic iKook that your child-like brain can't comprehend that
I provided the link to the entirety of what you said & to the full thread.

> Here's the restored context

The fact that your child-like brain can't fathom that pasting the content
is somehow - to your IQ of about 60 brain - somehow more accurate than a
cut-and-paste of that same content - shows you lack adult comprehension.

Every post from you, Jolly Roger... indicates an IQ no better than 60.

> Where I said:
> Yes, despite "name just one" being your absolute *favorite* catch
> phrase, you are unable to do just that here.

1. For years, child-like iKooks claimed Apple fully patched older releases
2. The reason is the iKooks are completely ignorant of what Apple does
3. I am who posted to the newsgroup that Apple only fully patches 1 release
4. Which all the iKooks complained was not what they thought the case was

Which is fine... but
5. Then the iKooks started claiming that Apple patched 1 bug in older iOS'
6. Where Jolly Roger & Alan Baker claimed that means they're fully patched
7. Which is not supported by what Apple themselves clearly stated they do
8. In every case, the iKooks are completely ignorant of everything they say

> You can't name a specific
> security vulnerability that isn't patched in the previous version of
> iOS, iPadOS, or macOS running on Apple devices but was applied to the
> current version.

Even with your brain having an iQ of no better than about 60 Jolly Roger,
it's clear that you're trying to say Apple fully patched that version.

And Apple clearly said they do not fully patch anything but iOS 16.

> Strike 1: Nowhere do I say "Apple lied".

Your brain is that of a child, Jolly Roger, in that you are claiming Apple
fully patched an older release when Apple clearly says they don't do that.

> Where I said:
> That can't be true.
> it's "aginst Apple's own rules"!

In each case it's going to be the same answer that your child-like brain
can't comprehend, Jolly Roger - which is that Apple says they don't fully
patch older releases and yet you're claiming Apple fully patched them.

1. For years, child-like iKooks claimed Apple fully patched older releases
2. The reason is the iKooks are completely ignorant of what Apple does
3. I am who posted to the newsgroup that Apple only fully patches 1 release
4. Which all the iKooks complained was not what they thought the case was

Which is fine... but
5. Then the iKooks started claiming that Apple patched 1 bug in older iOS'
6. Where Jolly Roger & Alan Baker claimed that means they're fully patched
7. Which is not supported by what Apple themselves clearly stated they do
8. In every case, the iKooks are completely ignorant of everything they say

>> It's no longer shocking that you ignorant uneducated low-IQ iKooks
>
> Insults, lies, lather, rinse, repeat.

It's clear that if the three most prolific low-IQ ignorant child-like
iKooks left this newsgroup, it would approach the adult normalcy of the
adult operating system newsgroups (e.g., Linux, Windows & Android).

Jolly Roger => claims Apple fully patches older releases when they don't
nospam => claims imaginary apps for iOS that simply do not exist
Alan Browne => is so ignorant he has never heard of the walled garden

REFERENCE:
*Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IGNORANT for years*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/ZE8GboBUO3c>

Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

<klmpddF7t6sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2546&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2546

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: 4 Sep 2023 19:27:41 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 19:27 UTC

On 2023-09-04, Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote
>
>>dishonestly strips quoted material here.
>
> Hi Jolly Roger,

Eat shit, Arlen.

> I wonder if your child-like brain realizes I provided the full link to
> the entirety of not only the full post from you but also to the full
> thread?

Arlen's child-like brain apparently doesn't realize that adults can
plainly see that nowhere in that entire thread do I say "Apple lied",
which is why you can't point to a single post where I said that. 🙂

[remainder of Arlen's complete waste of electrons rightfully omitted]

JR

Re: *In the time IOS updates once - Android updates a thousand times*

<ud5d1o$16bre$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2549&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2549

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.mobile.ipad
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 16:02:06 -0400
 by: Wally J - Mon, 4 Sep 2023 20:02 UTC

Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote

> Eat shit

Heh heh heh...

*Proof the iKooks own the mind of a child when they can't respond to facts like an adult*
<https://groups.google.com/g/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/c/JbxE6lWbI6w>

>> I wonder if your child-like brain realizes I provided the full link to
>> the entirety of not only the full post from you but also to the full
>> thread?
> adults can
> plainly see that nowhere in that entire thread do I say "Apple lied",
> which is why you can't point to a single post where I said that.

For years, the ignorant uneducated low-IQ iKooks have been claiming that
Apple fully supports older releases - and yet - Apple never has done so.

Even Steve wasn't aware of what I'm aware of, which is that Apple
has never fully patched any release but the current release.
*Distinguishing software updates from upgrades*
<https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>

I am who had to inform these wholly ignorant iKooks of Apple's own words.
<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>
<https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>
<https://screenrant.com/apple-product-security-update-lifespan/>

As an adult, there are only two possibilities for why the iKooks said,
for years (and years!) that Apple fully updated the older devices.

a. Either iKooks are completely ignorant of the truth about Apple products,
b. The iKooks lied.

Pick one.
--
It's no longer shocking that iKooks don't know anything about Apple; yet
for years, the iKooks lied that Apple fully patches older releases.