From: pj...@jostle.com (Peter Jason)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Azure?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 08:25:28 +1000
 by: Peter Jason - Wed, 26 Jul 2023 22:25 UTC

Is Azure solely for cloud computing? Can I do without it?

Re: Azure?

<u9t3d8$1qhhv$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2531&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2531

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Subject: Re: Azure?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 06:38:32 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:PzfcSD3QJW+7y1uRZXZmA/Ocxis=
 by: Chris - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 06:38 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
> Is Azure solely for cloud computing? Can I do without it?

Yes and yes.

Re: Azure?

<u9ti8i$1s2f2$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2532&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2532

From: nos...@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2023 06:52:01 -0400
 by: Paul - Thu, 27 Jul 2023 10:52 UTC

On 7/27/2023 2:38 AM, Chris wrote:
> Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:
>> Is Azure solely for cloud computing? Can I do without it?
>
> Yes and yes.

It's like finding Disney+ adverts in your OS.

You can see the word "Azure" occasionally in desktop windows.

To what purpose, I haven't a clue. Does that make me want
to buy Azure underwear ? There's got to be some purpose to
having Azure support in a non-Domain home users computer.

At the moment, I'm hoping to see my slack-arse W11 computer play the
(purposely encoded) Apple Video format on a news site, play in
my browser. What decade is this again ? Year Of The Dopes ?
Who thinks this stupid stuff up ? Munchkins ?

It's simply you idiots. If the UserAgent says "Apple Gubbin",
play the Apple Format movie for the folks. If the UserAgent is
something else, PLAY A FORMAT THAT WORKS ON THEIR BROWSER.
There are plenty of formats that work. Really. Like the
ones you were using YESTERDAY that worked. You know YESTERDAY,
that day before today happened.

Paul

Re: Azure?

<swqogdwrot8e$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2551&group=alt.comp.os.windows-11#2551

From: V...@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.os.windows-11
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 21:04:26 -0500
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Sun, 30 Jul 2023 02:04 UTC

Peter Jason <pj@jostle.com> wrote:

> Is Azure solely for cloud computing? Can I do without it?

Considering how expensive are Microsoft's Azure services, I severely
doubt you are using it, and ever will.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Azure
https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/#product-pricing

That you have to request pricing quotes means the services are
expensive, and what they charge depends on the depth of your pockets.
Azure is generally more expensive then Amazon Web Services (AWS) or
Google Cloud Platform. You're expected to have sysadmin expertise at a
company looking for enterprise-grade solutions. Azure, and other cloud
platforms, are to eliminate hardware costs, and much of the support
manpower and its cost, to use someone else's services.

https://spot.io/resources/azure-pricing/the-complete-guide/
https://www.sherweb.com/blog/cloud-server/understanding-microsoft-azure-pricing/
https://www.trustradius.com/products/microsoft-azure/pricing

You really won't know pricing until you dive in, like finding out how
warm or cold is the pool until you dive in. There are free alternatives
to Azure, but I suspect they won't have the high bandwidth or support
levels of Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud. You get what you pay for.

https://www.google.com/search?q=free+azure+alternative