No wonder Clairol makes so much money selling shampoo. Lather, Rinse, Repeat is an infinite loop!

computers / comp.sys.mac.misc / Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new products

SubjectAuthor
* [NEWS] Apple announces new productsYour Name
`* Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new productsWizard1969
 +- Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new productsnospam
 +* Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new productsYour Name
 |`* Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new productsJolly Roger
 | `* Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new productsWizard1969
 |  `* Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new productsJolly Roger
 |   `* Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new productsVoltan
 |    +- Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new productsnospam
 |    `* Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new productsJolly Roger
 |     `* Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new productsnospam
 |      `* Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new productsJolly Roger
 |       `- Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new productsnospam
 `- Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new productsJolly Roger

1
[NEWS] Apple announces new products

<s5nvdk$j6a$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=248&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#248

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.system, comp.sys.mac.misc
Subject: [NEWS] Apple announces new products
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 13:33:43 +1200
 by: Your Name - Wed, 21 Apr 2021 01:33 UTC

At today's event Apple has announced ...

- M1 iMac 24-inch in multiple colours
<https://www.apple.com/imac-24/>

- M1 iPad Pro 11-inch and 12.9-inch
<https://www.apple.com/ipad-pro/>

- iPhone 12 in Purple
<https://www.apple.com/iphone-12/>

- Apple TV 4K with new Siri Remote
<https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-4k/>

- AirTag
<https://www.apple.com/airtag/>

All the announcements are online at
<https://www.apple.com/apple-events/april-2021/>

Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new products

<1568525121@f137.n4.z21.fsxnet>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=249&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#249

From: Wizard1...@f137.n4.z21.fsxnet (Wizard1969)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Subject: Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new products
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 23:15:02 +1200
 by: Wizard1969 - Wed, 21 Apr 2021 11:15 UTC

Remember when the NeXT guys were in charge and Apple was innovative? It's
been more than a decade. Well, the stock price is up and that is all that
matters.

Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new products

<220420210142185152%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=250&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#250

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 01:42:18 -0400
 by: nospam - Thu, 22 Apr 2021 05:42 UTC

In article <1568525121@f137.n4.z21.fsxnet>, Wizard1969
<Wizard1969@f137.n4.z21.fsxnet> wrote:

> Remember when the NeXT guys were in charge and Apple was innovative? It's
> been more than a decade. Well, the stock price is up and that is all that
> matters.

i remember when trolls put in a little effort.

Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new products

<s5r5o9$k5c$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=251&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#251

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 18:40:09 +1200
 by: Your Name - Thu, 22 Apr 2021 06:40 UTC

On 2021-04-21 11:15:02 +0000, Wizard1969 said:

> Remember when the NeXT guys were in charge and Apple was innovative? It's
> been more than a decade. Well, the stock price is up and that is all that
> matters.

Making coloured iMacs certainly is not innovative by any strecth of the
imagaination, neither is making a big deal about a purple coloured
iPhone, but Apple Silicon chips are highly innovative and beat the
{beep} out of all the others in most ways. Putting what is bascially a
full computer CPU into a tablet is somewhat innovative.

Apple is not always been innovative, in fact little of what they have
done or do is actually "innovative". Often they have "come late to the
party", but with a much better product. The most obvious examples being
Apple didn't invent the smartphone or tablet computer, but they
certainly created the general market desire for them via products that
looked great and actually work better than the competition.

Much of Apple's actual innovation is in the small details and the
thousands of patents they have for various little things (much of which
they don't actually use in any products).

Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new products

<iedgbbFmpc4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=252&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#252

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: 22 Apr 2021 14:42:51 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 22 Apr 2021 14:42 UTC

On 2021-04-21, Wizard1969 <Wizard1969@f137.n4.z21.fsxnet> wrote:
> Remember when the NeXT guys were in charge and Apple was innovative? It's
> been more than a decade. Well, the stock price is up and that is all that
> matters.

Your tiny Apple hate boner is showing, kiddo.

JR

Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new products

<iedgduFmpc4U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=253&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#253

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: 22 Apr 2021 14:44:14 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Thu, 22 Apr 2021 14:44 UTC

On 2021-04-22, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
> On 2021-04-21 11:15:02 +0000, Wizard1969 said:
>>
>> Remember when the NeXT guys were in charge and Apple was innovative? It's
>> been more than a decade. Well, the stock price is up and that is all that
>> matters.
>
> Making coloured iMacs certainly is not innovative by any strecth of the
> imagaination, neither is making a big deal about a purple coloured
> iPhone, but Apple Silicon chips are highly innovative and beat the
> {beep} out of all the others in most ways. Putting what is bascially a
> full computer CPU into a tablet is somewhat innovative.
>
> Apple is not always been innovative, in fact little of what they have
> done or do is actually "innovative". Often they have "come late to the
> party", but with a much better product. The most obvious examples being
> Apple didn't invent the smartphone or tablet computer, but they
> certainly created the general market desire for them via products that
> looked great and actually work better than the competition.
>
> Much of Apple's actual innovation is in the small details and the
> thousands of patents they have for various little things (much of which
> they don't actually use in any products).

Dipshits like Whizzy don't know what innovation actually is. They are
too consumed by petulant hate to even care.

JR

Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new products

<598748931@f137.n4.z21.fsxnet>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=255&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#255

From: Wizard1...@f137.n4.z21.fsxnet (Wizard1969)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 23:50:17 +1200
 by: Wizard1969 - Sun, 25 Apr 2021 11:50 UTC

My cost basis on my recently sold Apple stock was less than a dollar a share.
I know a little bit about innovation, I certainly knew enough to buy Apple
when no one liked them in the late 1990's. I also can tell when a company
stops innovating, dipshit.

Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new products

<iensmmFn00cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=256&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#256

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: 26 Apr 2021 13:15:02 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Mon, 26 Apr 2021 13:15 UTC

On 2021-04-25, Wizard1969 <Wizard1969@f137.n4.z21.fsxnet> wrote:

> I also can tell when a company stops innovating, dipshit.

Obviously not, since Apple hasn't stopped innovating.

Stay dumb, idiot.

JR

Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new products

<0001HW.2638C2D0030D40E97000059FF38F@us.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=257&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#257

Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 15:08:16 -0700
From: vol...@hawktheslayer.com (Voltan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
 by: Voltan - Tue, 27 Apr 2021 22:08 UTC

On Apr 26, 2021, Jolly Roger wrote
(in article <iensmmFn00cU1@mid.individual.net>):

> On 2021-04-25, Wizard1969<Wizard1969@f137.n4.z21.fsxnet> wrote:
>
> > I also can tell when a company stops innovating, dipshit.
>
> Obviously not, since Apple hasn't stopped innovating.
>
> Stay dumb, idiot.

Hey Jolly Roger,

I don’t necessarily agree that Apple has stopped innovating entirely but
Wizard1969 makes a good point about how firing the NeXT developers right
after Steve Jobs died , I think particularly Scott Forstall and John Browett
, has made at least the software end of things stagnant. You were also the
one that opened up with the dumb ad-hominem against him instead of arguing a
point.

Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new products

<270420211908124092%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=258&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#258

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 19:08:12 -0400
 by: nospam - Tue, 27 Apr 2021 23:08 UTC

In article <0001HW.2638C2D0030D40E97000059FF38F@us.newsdemon.com>,
Voltan <voltan@hawktheslayer.com> wrote:

> > > I also can tell when a company stops innovating, dipshit.
> >
> > Obviously not, since Apple hasn't stopped innovating.
> >
> > Stay dumb, idiot.
>
> Hey Jolly Roger,
>
> I don¹t necessarily agree that Apple has stopped innovating entirely but
> Wizard1969 makes a good point about how firing the NeXT developers right
> after Steve Jobs died ,

they did no such thing.

> I think particularly Scott Forstall and John Browett

both deserved to be fired, particularly forstall.

> has made at least the software end of things stagnant.

nonsense. it is in no way stagnant.

> You were also the
> one that opened up with the dumb ad-hominem against him instead of arguing a
> point.

there wasn't any point.

it was a troll from the start.

Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new products

<iermjkFepdfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=259&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#259

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: 27 Apr 2021 23:55:32 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Tue, 27 Apr 2021 23:55 UTC

On 2021-04-27, Voltan <voltan@hawktheslayer.com> wrote:
> On Apr 26, 2021, Jolly Roger wrote
> (in article <iensmmFn00cU1@mid.individual.net>):
>
>> On 2021-04-25, Wizard1969<Wizard1969@f137.n4.z21.fsxnet> wrote:
>>
>>> I also can tell when a company stops innovating, dipshit.
>>
>> Obviously not, since Apple hasn't stopped innovating.
>>
>> Stay dumb, idiot.
>
> Hey Jolly Roger,
>
> I don’t necessarily agree that Apple has stopped innovating

They *haven't* stopped innovating. Clueless people who claim that are
just plain *wrong*. Often, they don't even know what innovation is. They
seem to think only "never-before-seen inventions" qualify as innovation,
when that's definitely not the case.

> Wizard1969 makes a good point about how firing the NeXT developers
> right after Steve Jobs died

Fake news. Apple didn't do that. But since you mention it, Avie Tevanian
leaving in 2006 (five years *before* Steve died) was *definitely* a Good
Thing™. His utterly revolting Technical Note 2034 nearly drove long-time
Apple developers away from the Mac platform in droves, it was so
anti-Apple in nature. What a complete shit show that was! Good riddance.

<http://www.drissman.com/avi/misc/tn2034/reply.txt>

> I think particularly Scott Forstall

Nah. Scott Forstall was holding Apple back on multiple fronts. It was
time for new blood.

> and John Browett

No, he was detrimental to Apple's retail goals, and was famous for Apple
Store policies and reductions in store staff that detracted from the
customer experience in the name of squeezing as much profit as possible
from them. Angela Ahrendts reversed things and was a *much* better fit.

> has made at least the software end of things stagnant.

Nope. Apple's software isn't stagnant.

> instead of arguing a point.

His point (that Apple no longer innovates) is wrong.

JR

Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new products

<270420212037204956%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=260&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#260

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 20:37:20 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 00:37 UTC

In article <iermjkFepdfU1@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
<jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

> > Wizard1969 makes a good point about how firing the NeXT developers
> > right after Steve Jobs died
>
> Fake news. Apple didn't do that. But since you mention it, Avie Tevanian
> leaving in 2006 (five years *before* Steve died) was *definitely* a Good
> Thing. His utterly revolting Technical Note 2034 nearly drove long-time
> Apple developers away from the Mac platform in droves, it was so
> anti-Apple in nature. What a complete shit show that was! Good riddance.

avi was an arrogant conceited obnoxious prick.

Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new products

<ietfdvFotseU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=261&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#261

From: jollyro...@pobox.com (Jolly Roger)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: 28 Apr 2021 16:05:20 GMT
 by: Jolly Roger - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 16:05 UTC

On 2021-04-28, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:
> In article <iermjkFepdfU1@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
><jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>

>> > Wizard1969 makes a good point about how firing the NeXT developers
>> > right after Steve Jobs died
>>
>> Fake news. Apple didn't do that. But since you mention it, Avie Tevanian
>> leaving in 2006 (five years *before* Steve died) was *definitely* a Good
>> Thing. His utterly revolting Technical Note 2034 nearly drove long-time
>> Apple developers away from the Mac platform in droves, it was so
>> anti-Apple in nature. What a complete shit show that was! Good riddance.
>
> avi was an arrogant conceited obnoxious prick.

Yep. Good riddance.

JR

Re: [NEWS] Apple announces new products

<280420211259445295%nospam@nospam.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=262&group=comp.sys.mac.misc#262

From: nos...@nospam.invalid (nospam)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 12:59:44 -0400
 by: nospam - Wed, 28 Apr 2021 16:59 UTC

In article <ietfdvFotseU1@mid.individual.net>, Jolly Roger
<jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

> >> Fake news. Apple didn't do that. But since you mention it, Avie Tevanian
> >> leaving in 2006 (five years *before* Steve died) was *definitely* a Good
> >> Thing?. His utterly revolting Technical Note 2034 nearly drove long-time
> >> Apple developers away from the Mac platform in droves, it was so
> >> anti-Apple in nature. What a complete shit show that was! Good riddance.
> >
> > avi was an arrogant conceited obnoxious prick.
>
> Yep. Good riddance.

he insisted carbon could never work and cocoa was the only way forward.

fortunately, saner heads prevailed.