Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 12:47:04 -0800 (PST)
Subject: New workshop/meeting of VMSgenerations
From: nabel.t...@gmail.com (Gérard Calliet)
 by: Gérard Calliet - Mon, 14 Nov 2022 20:47 UTC

Hello,

VMSgenerations organises à new meeting tomorow. The invitation is (translated) here.

If you want to join, please register to working.group@vmsgenerations.fr , we’ll send you the zoom link.

Best regards,

n.b.: Don't notice the actual sender, some issue with our usenet subscription, trying google groups :(

The VMSgenerations working group

Mark your calendars:

The next "Rendezvous around VMS" will be a workshop!
For this fall, the next meeting proposed by VMSgenerations takes the form of a workshop on the subject: "VMS integration in heterogeneous environment"..

This session will be held on Tuesday, November 15 at 10am in a zoom conference and will be led by recognized consultants of the French VMS ecosystem. The subject will be illustrated by a demonstration of the implementation of tools that have enabled several customers to integrate their VMS applications into their evolving information system.

The interactive workshop will illustrate the simplicity of integrating applications/data available under OpenVMS from Linux, Windows, other VMS, etc....

We will show the quite frequen
t case of data processed on VMS machines that must be made available to the "rest of the world" (and in reverse).

For the demonstration, the use of webservices will be used as an example.

The architecture is based on the RabbitMQ message broker and the FastAPI framework. Both are widely used in all sectors of activity, open source products that can benefit from commercial support.

In particular, we will discuss the issues (advantages/disadvantages) of ease of development, security, performance and robustness of this type of integration.

We will also see (briefly) that the developments can be integrated into a Heptapod forge. This environment could be the subject of a later workshop.

Save the date in your diaries: Tuesday, November 15, 10am-12pm.

See you soon for the first VMS workshop on 15/11/22.

The VMS generations office
*** Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version) ***