Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 10:03:33 +0100
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
From: jak...@interia.pl (Jakub)
Subject: android emulator and windows 11 webcam0 dont work
 by: Jakub - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 09:03 UTC

I have android studio when i start android emulator camera don't work.
I have set webcam0 at the emulator, but camera don't work.

at windows 10 works ok.

How to set this?

Re: android emulator and windows 11 webcam0 dont work

<j2b2buF6b8qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=25547&group=comp.mobile.android#25547

From: use...@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 09:57:16 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 09:57 UTC

Jakub wrote:

> I have android studio when i start android emulator camera don't work.
> I have set webcam0 at the emulator, but camera don't work.
>
> at windows 10 works ok.
>
> How to set this?

cameras/mics need enabling per programme in win10, have you enabled "camera
privacy settings" for the emulator?

Re: android emulator and windows 11 webcam0 dont work

<spqb6h$1vf0$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=25560&group=comp.mobile.android#25560

From: spa...@nospam.com (Andy Burnelli)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 16:32:18 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Andy Burnelli - Mon, 20 Dec 2021 16:32 UTC

On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 09:57:16 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

> cameras/mics need enabling per programme in win10, have you enabled "camera
> privacy settings" for the emulator?

While I can't directly help the OP technically, I still wish to help him.
To that end I can refer the OP to a variety of intended-to-be-helpful
emulation tutorials I wrote for users out of the kindness of my heart.

Hence, in addition to what Andy Burns helpfully suggested, I can only add
that I've tested _every_ free Android emulator and wrote a tutorial for each
posted to the Windows and Android newsgroups (e.g., alt.comp.os.windows-10).

I've found a vast difference in how each works, which is to say that if the
OP wants to try a different emulation package than the one he's using with
Android Studio, there are others which might work better with his hardware.

A quick search picks up these but I won't delve deeper as Andy's help is
more focused on the specific issue while mine is simply pointing to the
choice of other emulators which may enable the OP to attain success.

*Genymotion freeware to work on an older AMD CPU on Win10?*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/ix9empN-mxg/m/lq8ixnZwBAAJ>

*Using Android Studio with free Android emulation*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/aW64zYeBtF0/m/1b5h3r3PBAAJ>

*Running Bluestacks4 Android 7.1.1 emulation freeware on Windows*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/JBRjZ39w4Ok/m/6Vzu7rtIAQAJ>

*Testing Android NewPipe freeware on various Android emulators*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/rfyVKidB8X8/m/5e5zi1VKAQAJ>

*How to run Andyroid Nougat 7.1 freeware emulator on older AMD Windows 10 Pro*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/FkZu5vAswYo/m/wISRtpUUAQAJ>

*Freeware Android 8 (Oreo, API 26 & 27) & Android 9 (Pie, API 28) emulation*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/_2Zn-NucefU/m/dNmMjoeqBAAJ>
etc.

Re: android emulator and windows 11 webcam0 dont work

<63h6sgto4q33kifuljt45iqnor96bem4du@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=25653&group=comp.mobile.android#25653

From: leg...@nospam.magma.ca (legg)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 10:32:12 -0500
 by: legg - Wed, 22 Dec 2021 15:32 UTC

On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 16:32:18 -0000 (UTC), Andy Burnelli
<spam@nospam.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 09:57:16 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:
>
>> cameras/mics need enabling per programme in win10, have you enabled "camera
>> privacy settings" for the emulator?
>
>While I can't directly help the OP technically, I still wish to help him.
>To that end I can refer the OP to a variety of intended-to-be-helpful
>emulation tutorials I wrote for users out of the kindness of my heart.
>
>Hence, in addition to what Andy Burns helpfully suggested, I can only add
>that I've tested _every_ free Android emulator and wrote a tutorial for each
>posted to the Windows and Android newsgroups (e.g., alt.comp.os.windows-10).
>
>I've found a vast difference in how each works, which is to say that if the
>OP wants to try a different emulation package than the one he's using with
>Android Studio, there are others which might work better with his hardware.

Any luck with bluetooth-friendly android emulators?

I'm still having trouble with PC usb bluetooth dongles, even
when booting android OS from usb.

RL