I use technology in order to hate it more properly. -- Nam June Paik

devel / comp.theory / rigged poker website pokerstars.com

SubjectAuthor
* rigged poker website pokerstars.comB.H.
`* rigged poker website pokerstars.comB.H.
 `- rigged poker website pokerstars.comB.H.

1
rigged poker website pokerstars.com

<8f6e41ac-ffde-4106-8d45-7275c72c2e60n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25913&group=comp.theory#25913

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 15:54:20 -0800 (PST)
Subject: rigged poker website pokerstars.com
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 23:54 UTC

0

The odds of flopping only 2 pairs out of 11, given (fairly, I'll spare you the details) randomly generated hands, are less than 2.5%. In other words, if you saw this behavior at 40 online poker websites, you would expect that at most one of them would maybe be un-rigged.

In spite of my criticisms of UMW and its math department, yes, I did learn basic combinatorics in Math 125. Woo, now I am indeed equipped to prove that pokerstars.com is unethical. (I'm pretty sure I calculated it right, but I accidentally wanted to multiply by 11 C 2 at first...I don't do combinatorics that much any more, I forgot about some basic facts at first.)

Also, I only flopped a pair in the last 2 pairs in the last 4 hands I played, after I was already suspicious and whatever computer program probably detected that and tried to cover up the problem. At first, the odds were (.68)^7, or about 6.73%, that it wasn't rigged.

Anyway, yes, IC corruption seems to know no bounds. No wonder the economy, Brexit, and the coronavirus have gone so badly; an economy this corrupt does not even serve the corrupters of it well.

In case you're wondering, yes, my basic "rational poker strategy" is likely now very well-known to international spies, as it would be if I played in any sort of public poker tournament (I wouldn't break the law). My poker strategy is basically useless outside of poker.

Re: rigged poker website pokerstars.com

<313a22b8-5b10-40d4-823a-514e291fe2dbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25914&group=comp.theory#25914

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 15:57:46 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: rigged poker website pokerstars.com
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 23:57 UTC

On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 6:54:22 PM UTC-5, B.H. wrote:
> 0
>
> The odds of flopping only 2 pairs out of 11, given (fairly, I'll spare you the details) randomly generated hands, are less than 2.5%. In other words, if you saw this behavior at 40 online poker websites, you would expect that at most one of them would maybe be un-rigged.
>
> In spite of my criticisms of UMW and its math department, yes, I did learn basic combinatorics in Math 125. Woo, now I am indeed equipped to prove that pokerstars.com is unethical. (I'm pretty sure I calculated it right, but I accidentally wanted to multiply by 11 C 2 at first...I don't do combinatorics that much any more, I forgot about some basic facts at first.)
>
> Also, I only flopped a pair in the last 2 pairs in the last 4 hands I played, after I was already suspicious and whatever computer program probably detected that and tried to cover up the problem. At first, the odds were (.68)^7, or about 6.73%, that it wasn't rigged.
>
> Anyway, yes, IC corruption seems to know no bounds. No wonder the economy, Brexit, and the coronavirus have gone so badly; an economy this corrupt does not even serve the corrupters of it well.
>
> In case you're wondering, yes, my basic "rational poker strategy" is likely now very well-known to international spies, as it would be if I played in any sort of public poker tournament (I wouldn't break the law). My poker strategy is basically useless outside of poker.

I meant to say, "2 of the last 4."

Wow, the DOD/DOS/MI-whatever have really spent a lot of time and effort trying to make sure that I don't enjoy myself too much! They haven't really succeeded...I can still play chess, read, type, walk, and listen to music. Maybe I should feel financially avenged that British taxpayers are also sacrificing all of their idiotic government's taxpayer money in a big way on a special covert British operation to make me feel bad. I like making fun of corrupt morons, and I will try to stop enjoying it so much when it's all over someday. Thank you for amusing me with your stupidity and stupid efforts to also help make me unhappy, morons of Great Britain.

Re: rigged poker website pokerstars.com

<13d9d8c0-ed75-4aa4-b4d3-203646c3cc43n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=25915&group=comp.theory#25915

Newsgroups: comp.theory
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 15:58:40 -0800 (PST)
From: xlt....@gmail.com (B.H.)
 by: B.H. - Tue, 25 Jan 2022 23:58 UTC

On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 6:57:47 PM UTC-5, B.H. wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 6:54:22 PM UTC-5, B.H. wrote:
> > 0
> >
> > The odds of flopping only 2 pairs out of 11, given (fairly, I'll spare you the details) randomly generated hands, are less than 2.5%. In other words, if you saw this behavior at 40 online poker websites, you would expect that at most one of them would maybe be un-rigged.
> >
> > In spite of my criticisms of UMW and its math department, yes, I did learn basic combinatorics in Math 125. Woo, now I am indeed equipped to prove that pokerstars.com is unethical. (I'm pretty sure I calculated it right, but I accidentally wanted to multiply by 11 C 2 at first...I don't do combinatorics that much any more, I forgot about some basic facts at first.)
> >
> > Also, I only flopped a pair in the last 2 pairs in the last 4 hands I played, after I was already suspicious and whatever computer program probably detected that and tried to cover up the problem. At first, the odds were (.68)^7, or about 6.73%, that it wasn't rigged.
> >
> > Anyway, yes, IC corruption seems to know no bounds. No wonder the economy, Brexit, and the coronavirus have gone so badly; an economy this corrupt does not even serve the corrupters of it well.
> >
> > In case you're wondering, yes, my basic "rational poker strategy" is likely now very well-known to international spies, as it would be if I played in any sort of public poker tournament (I wouldn't break the law). My poker strategy is basically useless outside of poker.
> I meant to say, "2 of the last 4."
>
> Wow, the DOD/DOS/MI-whatever have really spent a lot of time and effort trying to make sure that I don't enjoy myself too much! They haven't really succeeded...I can still play chess, read, type, walk, and listen to music. Maybe I should feel financially avenged that British taxpayers are also sacrificing all of their idiotic government's taxpayer money in a big way on a special covert British operation to make me feel bad. I like making fun of corrupt morons, and I will try to stop enjoying it so much when it's all over someday. Thank you for amusing me with your stupidity and stupid efforts to also help make me unhappy, morons of Great Britain.

I meant to say, "a lot of" not "all of."