You know you've landed gear-up when it takes full power to taxi.

computers / comp.mobile.ipad / Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IGNORANT for years*

SubjectAuthor
* *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IGNORWally J
+* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the pointJolly Roger
|`* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IWally J
| `* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the pointJolly Roger
|  +* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IWally J
|  |`- Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -Alan
|  `* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -Jörg Lorenz
|   +* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -Alan
|   |+- Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -Alan Browne
|   |`* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to theChris
|   | +* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -Alan
|   | |+* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -Alan Browne
|   | ||+* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the pointJolly Roger
|   | |||+* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IWally J
|   | ||||`- Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -Alan
|   | |||`- Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -Alan Browne
|   | ||`* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -Alan
|   | || `* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -Alan Browne
|   | ||  `* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IWally J
|   | ||   `* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to thebadgolferman
|   | ||    +- Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -Alan
|   | ||    `* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IWally J
|   | ||     `* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been Ibadgolferman
|   | ||      +- Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -Alan
|   | ||      `* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IWally J
|   | ||       `* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been Ibadgolferman
|   | ||        `* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IWally J
|   | ||         `- Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -Alan
|   | |`- Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to theChris
|   | `* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -Alan
|   |  `* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IYou're Kidding
|   |   `- Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -Alan
|   `- Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the pointJolly Roger
+- Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -John
`* Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -rdh
 +- Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IWally J
 `- Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -Alan

Pages:12
Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IGNORANT for years*

<udfidg$3hhhu$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2586&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2586

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the
point - have been IGNORANT for years*
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 16:33:52 -0000 (UTC)
<aNrKM.1181093$TPw2.737447@fx17.iad>
<udf01a$1himh$1@paganini.bofh.team>
sha1:jzDY2zmZHDA0WyL/iJ0hrYXURa8=
 by: badgolferman - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 16:33 UTC

Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
> Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote
>
>> It used to be standard practice with trolls and quite effective.
>> So - willing to give it a go until Oct 31?
>> You too nospam?
>
> It's quite illustrative how fearful the iKooks are of the simple truthful
> observation that these iKooks were either completely ignorant that Apple
> only fully supports a single release (or that the iKooks lied about it).
>
> *For _years_ iKooks were either ignorant of the truth - or they lied*
>
> Alan Browne => is always ignorant as he's never read a thing about Apple
> nospam => always deflects the truth about Apple with his 7 main excuses
> Jolly Roger => always viciously attacks the bearer of truth about Apple
>
> If those three people left the child-like Apple newsgroups, instantly the
> level of discussion would start approaching that of adult OS newsgroups.

Is this what would ultimately satisfy you or is there something else you
prefer?

Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IGNORANT for years*

<udfism$3h1hl$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2587&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2587

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.apps
Subject: Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point -
have been IGNORANT for years*
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 09:41:57 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 16:41 UTC

On 2023-09-08 09:33, badgolferman wrote:
> Wally J <walterjones@invalid.nospam> wrote:
>> Alan Browne <bitbucket@blackhole.com> wrote
>>
>>> It used to be standard practice with trolls and quite effective.
>>> So - willing to give it a go until Oct 31?
>>> You too nospam?
>>
>> It's quite illustrative how fearful the iKooks are of the simple truthful
>> observation that these iKooks were either completely ignorant that Apple
>> only fully supports a single release (or that the iKooks lied about it).
>>
>> *For _years_ iKooks were either ignorant of the truth - or they lied*
>>
>> Alan Browne => is always ignorant as he's never read a thing about Apple
>> nospam => always deflects the truth about Apple with his 7 main excuses
>> Jolly Roger => always viciously attacks the bearer of truth about Apple
>>
>> If those three people left the child-like Apple newsgroups, instantly the
>> level of discussion would start approaching that of adult OS newsgroups.
>
> Is this what would ultimately satisfy you or is there something else you
> prefer?

Nothing will satisfy him.

His thirs for attention is unquenchable.

Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IGNORANT for years*

<udfmlj$3ioqd$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2590&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2590

From: yk...@yahoo.com (You're Kidding)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IGNORANT for years*
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 17:46:27 -0000 (UTC)
 by: You're Kidding - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 17:46 UTC

On Sep 7, 2023 at 4:10:32 PM EDT, "Alan" <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

> On 2023-09-06 12:51, Chris wrote:
>> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>>> Have you ever seen "Don't feed the Troll" actually work?
>>
>> It very obviously does work otherwise Arlen wouldn't feel the need to
>> nymshift quite so often. He claims it's for "privacy" but that's just
>> bullshit.
>
> But that's my point:
>
> BECAUSE he shifts it cannot work.
>
> So I battle with him a different way:
>
> Ridicule.

Actually you can. When you read a post that includes "iKook", talks about the
weak iOS, disses users/supporters of Apple products, has cross posted posts
involving iOS on Mac newsgroups, and mentions how they are so superior to
other posters, you know it is Arlen. Even if it is sin't, you are better of to
ignore the poster. In my opinion, you are just as weak as they are, when you
respond, He preys/thrives on users responding to his hyperbole, name calling,
and reguritating the same crap over and over again. I started to read and post
in newsgroups, looking to help others or gaining insight through others posts.
Many of the news groups, outside of Advocacy where it is appropriate, have
turned mostly into a battleground for Arlen and those who respond to him.

I rarely read (maybe twice a month) the Mac, iPad, and iPhone related
newsgroups anymore and when I do, I kill file any with Arlen content. Which
could be a bad thing, as he might occasionally mention something worth while.
It might be mixed somewhere in his posts, but I find his name calling and
barfing the samething over and over again too much to wade through to find
that small mention of something positive, that I might be able to use.
Repeating his posts don't assist me either.

YK

Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IGNORANT for years*

<udfng7$3h1hl$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2592&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2592

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
have been IGNORANT for years*
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 11:00:39 -0700
 by: Alan - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 18:00 UTC

On 2023-09-08 10:46, You're Kidding wrote:
> On Sep 7, 2023 at 4:10:32 PM EDT, "Alan" <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>>> It very obviously does work otherwise Arlen wouldn't feel the need to
>>> nymshift quite so often. He claims it's for "privacy" but that's just
>>> bullshit.
>>
>> But that's my point:
>>
>> BECAUSE he shifts it cannot work.
>>
>> So I battle with him a different way:
>>
>> Ridicule.
>
> Actually you can. When you read a post that includes "iKook", talks about the
> weak iOS, disses users/supporters of Apple products, has cross posted posts
> involving iOS on Mac newsgroups, and mentions how they are so superior to
> other posters, you know it is Arlen. Even if it is sin't, you are better of to
> ignore the poster. In my opinion, you are just as weak as they are, when you
> respond, He preys/thrives on users responding to his hyperbole, name calling,
> and reguritating the same crap over and over again. I started to read and post
> in newsgroups, looking to help others or gaining insight through others posts.
> Many of the news groups, outside of Advocacy where it is appropriate, have
> turned mostly into a battleground for Arlen and those who respond to him.
>
> I rarely read (maybe twice a month) the Mac, iPad, and iPhone related
> newsgroups anymore and when I do, I kill file any with Arlen content. Which
> could be a bad thing, as he might occasionally mention something worth while.
> It might be mixed somewhere in his posts, but I find his name calling and
> barfing the samething over and over again too much to wade through to find
> that small mention of something positive, that I might be able to use.
> Repeating his posts don't assist me either.

Hey... ...you're of course free to handle it in any way that suits you.

You claim your way can work, and I suppose you're correct, but it takes
constant effort on your part to make that happen.

I got tired long ago of constantly updating killfiles, so I handle it in
a way that suits me.

Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IGNORANT for years*

<udg2ul$1q216$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2599&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2599

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 17:17:18 -0400
References: <ud579s$16596$1@paganini.bofh.team> <klmpm5F7t6sU2@mid.individual.net> <ud5o9k$16ooj$1@paganini.bofh.team> <kln9hjFahtnU1@mid.individual.net> <ud94ek$ncjk$1@solani.org> <ud9vs1$2h56g$1@dont-email.me> <udaalo$2iv7t$1@dont-email.me> <udabaq$2iqne$1@dont-email.me> <du4KM.722215$qnnb.454585@fx11.iad> <uddapj$33vm6$3@dont-email.me> <aNrKM.1181093$TPw2.737447@fx17.iad> <udf01a$1himh$1@paganini.bofh.team> <udfidg$3hhhu$1@dont-email.me>
 by: Wally J - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 21:17 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote

>> If those three people left the child-like Apple newsgroups, instantly the
>> level of discussion would start approaching that of adult OS newsgroups.
>
> Is this what would ultimately satisfy you or is there something else you
> prefer?

Hi badgolferman,

That's a good question - where I think you are asking a valuable question.

You have to keep in mind these three iKooks are despicable pieces of shit.
nospam => has no compunction brazenly fabricating apps that don't exist
JR => feels no remorse by viciously attacking anyone who speaks the truth
Alan Browne => claims facts can't exist that he's completely unaware of

With respect to your question, if I answer it directly, of course I don't
expect these three despicable pieces of human excrement to leave this ng.

Nor do I expect these three sadistically evil people to change their ways.
There's no good inside of any of them - only vicious ignorant childishess.

But they love to spew their religiously inculcated yet wholly fabricated
imaginary belief system about their beloved Apple products on this ng.

They have been saying (for years!) that Apple supports the older releases,
for example, when that is not true (and when that has _never_ been true).

I simply provided the facts - with multiple well-respected URLs, one of
which is from Apple herself - which even then - iKooks _still_ disputed.

Note that their imaginary belief system is so strong that tehy can't
believe everything they've said (for years!) has never once been true.

Worse, they are so religiously defensive with the truth about Apple leaking
out, that they _hate_ the bearer of truth (witness Alan Browne's posts!)

These uneducated ill-meaning iKooks are literally _afraid_ of the truth.
Which makes them deathly afraid of someone like me - who only speaks truth.

Even nospam has called for my murder simply because he was proven wrong.
Rod Speed did so even more brazenly, for which I contacted the FBI about.

So, to answer your thoughtfully posed question, I do not ask for the three
of them to leave this newgroup - simply because it's unrealistic to do so.

These uneducated ignorant low-IQ iKooks hate me.
So be it.

*I will continue to expose the iKooks for what they are*

Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IGNORANT for years*

<xn0o6lmgyxvljxn000@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2600&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2600

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 21:24:06 -0000 (UTC)
References: <ud579s$16596$1@paganini.bofh.team> <klmpm5F7t6sU2@mid.individual.net> <ud5o9k$16ooj$1@paganini.bofh.team> <kln9hjFahtnU1@mid.individual.net> <ud94ek$ncjk$1@solani.org> <ud9vs1$2h56g$1@dont-email.me> <udaalo$2iv7t$1@dont-email.me> <udabaq$2iqne$1@dont-email.me> <du4KM.722215$qnnb.454585@fx11.iad> <uddapj$33vm6$3@dont-email.me> <aNrKM.1181093$TPw2.737447@fx17.iad> <udf01a$1himh$1@paganini.bofh.team> <udfidg$3hhhu$1@dont-email.me> <udg2ul$1q216$1@paganini.bofh.team>
 by: badgolferman - Fri, 8 Sep 2023 21:24 UTC

Wally J wrote:

>So, to answer your thoughtfully posed question, I do not ask for the
>three of them to leave this newgroup - simply because it's
>unrealistic to do so.
>
>These uneducated ignorant low-IQ iKooks hate me.
>So be it.

Let me phrase the question a different way...

From your perspective, what would it take for there to be a truce
between you and the others?

--
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." ~ Napoleon
Bonaparte

Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IGNORANT for years*

<udgsll$3u9l6$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2601&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2601

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.system
have been IGNORANT for years*
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2023 21:35:00 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 04:35 UTC

On 2023-09-08 14:24, badgolferman wrote:
> Wally J wrote:
>
>> So, to answer your thoughtfully posed question, I do not ask for the
>> three of them to leave this newgroup - simply because it's
>> unrealistic to do so.
>>
>> These uneducated ignorant low-IQ iKooks hate me.
>> So be it.
>

> Let me phrase the question a different way...
>
> From your perspective, what would it take for there to be a truce
> between you and the others?

He's not interested in a truce.

Anyone who doesn't agree with his take is an "iKook" or "not an adult".

Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IGNORANT for years*

<udgvf2$202j0$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2602&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2602

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 01:23:55 -0400
References: <ud579s$16596$1@paganini.bofh.team> <klmpm5F7t6sU2@mid.individual.net> <ud5o9k$16ooj$1@paganini.bofh.team> <kln9hjFahtnU1@mid.individual.net> <ud94ek$ncjk$1@solani.org> <ud9vs1$2h56g$1@dont-email.me> <udaalo$2iv7t$1@dont-email.me> <udabaq$2iqne$1@dont-email.me> <du4KM.722215$qnnb.454585@fx11.iad> <uddapj$33vm6$3@dont-email.me> <aNrKM.1181093$TPw2.737447@fx17.iad> <udf01a$1himh$1@paganini.bofh.team> <udfidg$3hhhu$1@dont-email.me> <udg2ul$1q216$1@paganini.bofh.team> <xn0o6lmgyxvljxn000@reader443.eternal-september.org>
 by: Wally J - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 05:23 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote

> Let me phrase the question a different way..

Hi badgolferman,

You, being an adult, can comprehend my response below, but they can't.

You're looking at this issue at too low a level, and you're asking the
adult who chastises the children for what those children did - instead of
asking the children why it is they do the despicable things that they
clearly do.

*Like brazenly lie (for years!) about Apple support that doesn't exist*

Even though I've proven, with respectable links, they lied about that.
I simply tell the facts - which is why they _hate_ me, badgolferman.

They have no _adult_ defense to the facts from security professionals:
<https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/10/apple-clarifies-security-update-policy-only-the-latest-oses-are-fully-patched/>
<https://hothardware.com/news/apple-admits-only-fully-patches-security-flaws-in-latest-os-releases>
<https://screenrant.com/apple-product-security-update-lifespan/>

They even brazenly deny the facts from Apple herself, badgolferman.
*Distinguishing software updates from upgrades*
<https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment/about-software-updates-depc4c80847a/>

iOS RSR patches (only available in iOS16+):
<https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201224>

Given the iKooks have brazenly lied about Apple support for years on end,
I think what you may mean by a "truce" is for me to be "civil" with them
when they lie and for them to be civil with me when I tell them the truth.

So all they'd have to do is accept the truth, badgolferman, for me to be
civil with them - but they can't accept the truth - which is why they lie.

If these sadistic iKooks simply acted like an intelligent caring adult when
someone asks an innocent question, I'd be as civil to them as I am to you.

Do you remember I've said, many times, my responses in this newsgroup are
always a "mirror" of the intention of the post that I'm responding to?

If any of these despicable heartlessly cruel ignorant uneducated low-life
iKooks ever says something that is intentionally helpful to an innocent
person asking questions, I'll be as nice to them as I would be to you.

> From your perspective, what would it take for there to be a truce
> between you and the others?

I think you misunderstand me since I don't care who it is that says what
they say - as a header - to me - is purely meaningless wrapping paper.

Hell.... I'm convinced Jolly Roger and nospam are the same person anyway,
and, I'm still not sure who "Hank" is but he's someone else on this ng too.

I don't care what anyone's header or signature says (although Alan Browne's
"Trump" signature is hilariously apropos as it's a mirror of his own self).

Usenet is like water under the bridge to me badgolferman.
Each response is an entirely new chance - in and of itself badgolferman.

So what you really want to ask is ask the iKooks to be civil adults.

I've long ago proven by my own actions that...
If nospam was civil - I'd be civil.
If Jolly Roger were to be civil - I'd be civil.
If Alan Browne said something intelligent - I'd heartily agree with him.

All it would take for that so-called "truce" is for them to tell the truth.

nospam = Instead of lies, if he told the truth... I'd be civil.
Alan Browne = Instead of ignorance, if he said the truth... I'd be civil.
JR = Instead of vicious attacks, if he said the truth... I'd be civil.

All it takes for that so-called truce, badgolferman, is for the heartlessly
cruel unprepossessing ignorant uneducated iKooks to act like an adult.

My posts in response to their actions are a mirror of their intentions.
Hence, you're asking the wrong person for that truce.

*Ask the iKooks to simply tell the truth*
*Ask them, for example, how many releases Apple fully supports*
--
My goals on Apple newsgroups are to learn from others and disseminate value
via civil adult discouse - and to show iKooks for exactly what they are.

Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IGNORANT for years*

<xn0o6mlynyqnnuo001@reader443.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2603&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2603

From: REMOVETH...@gmail.com (badgolferman)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 11:53:32 -0000 (UTC)
References: <ud579s$16596$1@paganini.bofh.team> <klmpm5F7t6sU2@mid.individual.net> <ud5o9k$16ooj$1@paganini.bofh.team> <kln9hjFahtnU1@mid.individual.net> <ud94ek$ncjk$1@solani.org> <ud9vs1$2h56g$1@dont-email.me> <udaalo$2iv7t$1@dont-email.me> <udabaq$2iqne$1@dont-email.me> <du4KM.722215$qnnb.454585@fx11.iad> <uddapj$33vm6$3@dont-email.me> <aNrKM.1181093$TPw2.737447@fx17.iad> <udf01a$1himh$1@paganini.bofh.team> <udfidg$3hhhu$1@dont-email.me> <udg2ul$1q216$1@paganini.bofh.team> <xn0o6lmgyxvljxn000@reader443.eternal-september.org> <udgvf2$202j0$1@paganini.bofh.team>
 by: badgolferman - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 11:53 UTC

Wally J wrote:

>I think what you may mean by a "truce" is for me to be "civil" with
>them when they lie and for them to be civil with me when I tell them
>the truth.

I agree that civility is in short supply in this group. The question
is who is willing to break the cycle of brazen character attacks and
treat others as they would want to be treated. Only an adult could do
that.

Who wants to be an adult and set an example?

Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IGNORANT for years*

<udhmrb$2ae1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2604&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2604

From: ithink...@gmail.com (Chris)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
point - have been IGNORANT for years*
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 12:01:47 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:gzuR6l7L7FLhZw1FEHsDCY+kzrY=
 by: Chris - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 12:01 UTC

Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:
> On 2023-09-06 12:51, Chris wrote:
>> Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>>> Have you ever seen "Don't feed the Troll" actually work?
>>
>> It very obviously does work otherwise Arlen wouldn't feel the need to
>> nymshift quite so often. He claims it's for "privacy" but that's just
>> bullshit.
>
> I'm sorry, but that proves that it DOESN'T work.
>
> The troll stopping trolling is success.
>
> The troll choosing to troll under a new nym is failure.

The troll changing their behaviour in response to killfiles is very clearly
evidence of cause and effect.

Without an outright ban from an ng there's not much else that's possible
against a persistent irritant. Just adjust your kf and move on.

Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IGNORANT for years*

<udi6i3$221fh$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2605&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2605

From: walterjo...@invalid.nospam (Wally J)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 12:31:08 -0400
References: <ud579s$16596$1@paganini.bofh.team> <klmpm5F7t6sU2@mid.individual.net> <ud5o9k$16ooj$1@paganini.bofh.team> <kln9hjFahtnU1@mid.individual.net> <ud94ek$ncjk$1@solani.org> <ud9vs1$2h56g$1@dont-email.me> <udaalo$2iv7t$1@dont-email.me> <udabaq$2iqne$1@dont-email.me> <du4KM.722215$qnnb.454585@fx11.iad> <uddapj$33vm6$3@dont-email.me> <aNrKM.1181093$TPw2.737447@fx17.iad> <udf01a$1himh$1@paganini.bofh.team> <udfidg$3hhhu$1@dont-email.me> <udg2ul$1q216$1@paganini.bofh.team> <xn0o6lmgyxvljxn000@reader443.eternal-september.org> <udgvf2$202j0$1@paganini.bofh.team> <xn0o6mlynyqnnuo001@reader443.eternal-september.org>
 by: Wally J - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 16:31 UTC

badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote

>>I think what you may mean by a "truce" is for me to be "civil" with
>>them when they lie and for them to be civil with me when I tell them
>>the truth.
>
> I agree that civility is in short supply in this group.

Hi badgolferman,

I realize you're asking the adults how to handle the children, where what
you need to do, is ask the children why they lie about Apple iOS support.

Their brazen lies (for years!) is the cause of the problem we speak of.
Not the effect.

> The question is who is willing to break the cycle of brazen
> character attacks and treat others as they would want to be treated.

You need to understand this "cycle" starts with iKooks brazenly lying that
Apple fully supports older releases is the "cause" (it's not the effect).

> Only an adult could do that.

As an adult, you're supposed to concentrate on cause before effect.

The cause is the iKooks lie whenever they see the truth posted about Apple.
You need to fix the cause.

The cause is the iKooks brazenly lie about Apple support on this ng.

> Who wants to be an adult and set an example?

You need to focus on the cause of the problem you wish to fix - not on the
resulting effect.

The cause is what you will get when you open a thread asking this question.
*How many iOS releases does Apple say Apple fully supports?*

Re: *Proof the iKooks have lied for years - or - more to the point - have been IGNORANT for years*

<udih9r$6igj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2606&group=comp.mobile.ipad#2606

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.mobile.ipad,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
have been IGNORANT for years*
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2023 12:33:14 -0700
<klmpm5F7t6sU2@mid.individual.net> <ud5o9k$16ooj$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<kln9hjFahtnU1@mid.individual.net> <ud94ek$ncjk$1@solani.org>
<ud9vs1$2h56g$1@dont-email.me> <udaalo$2iv7t$1@dont-email.me>
<udabaq$2iqne$1@dont-email.me> <du4KM.722215$qnnb.454585@fx11.iad>
<uddapj$33vm6$3@dont-email.me> <aNrKM.1181093$TPw2.737447@fx17.iad>
<udf01a$1himh$1@paganini.bofh.team> <udfidg$3hhhu$1@dont-email.me>
<udg2ul$1q216$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<xn0o6lmgyxvljxn000@reader443.eternal-september.org>
<udgvf2$202j0$1@paganini.bofh.team>
<xn0o6mlynyqnnuo001@reader443.eternal-september.org>
<udi6i3$221fh$1@paganini.bofh.team>
 by: Alan - Sat, 9 Sep 2023 19:33 UTC

On 2023-09-09 09:31, Wally J wrote:
> badgolferman <REMOVETHISbadgolferman@gmail.com> wrote
>
>>> I think what you may mean by a "truce" is for me to be "civil" with
>>> them when they lie and for them to be civil with me when I tell them
>>> the truth.
>>
>> I agree that civility is in short supply in this group.
>
> Hi badgolferman,
>
> I realize you're asking the adults how to handle the children, where what
> you need to do, is ask the children why they lie about Apple iOS support.
>
> Their brazen lies (for years!) is the cause of the problem we speak of.
> Not the effect.
>
>> The question is who is willing to break the cycle of brazen
>> character attacks and treat others as they would want to be treated.
>
> You need to understand this "cycle" starts with iKooks brazenly lying that
> Apple fully supports older releases is the "cause" (it's not the effect).
>
>> Only an adult could do that.
>
> As an adult, you're supposed to concentrate on cause before effect.
>
> The cause is the iKooks lie whenever they see the truth posted about Apple.
> You need to fix the cause.
>
> The cause is the iKooks brazenly lie about Apple support on this ng.
>
>> Who wants to be an adult and set an example?
>
> You need to focus on the cause of the problem you wish to fix - not on the
> resulting effect.
>
> The cause is what you will get when you open a thread asking this question.
> *How many iOS releases does Apple say Apple fully supports?*

"children"; "children"; "iKooks"; "iKooks"; "iKooks"

So...

....asked to behave as a civil adult, that is your response.

And to be clear, NO:

The essential question is NOT:

"How many iOS releases does Apple say Apple fully supports?"

The actual essential question is:

"How far back are the DEVICES fully supported?"

Adults would I'm sure agree that if any company continued to support
every device they've ever made on their most current OS, then it doesn't
matter whether or not they continue to provide updates of any kind to
older OS versions.

Apple is far from supporting every device, but the current version of
iOS supports:

Back to the iPhone 8 released 6 years ago.